Kodi Community Forum
Release Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=353316)

RE: Disney+ - DarrenHill - 2021-03-10

@hans07 - your thread/post above has been merged into the main Disney+ addon thread.

Just a heads-up in case you were wondering where it had gone Wink

RE: Disney+ - hans07 - 2021-03-10

(2021-03-10, 14:37)DarrenHill Wrote: @hans07 - your thread/post above has been merged into the main Disney+ addon thread.

Just a heads-up in case you were wondering where it had gone Wink

OK thanks!!

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-03-10

(2021-03-10, 14:33)hans07 Wrote: As I can see this addon in 4K, someone knows how to configure it to see it in 4K, I only see up to the resolution of 720p. I have Nvidia Shield TV. Thanks.
Go into addon settings and enable L1 Device

RE: Disney+ - hans07 - 2021-03-11

(2021-03-10, 19:20)matthuisman Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 14:33)hans07 Wrote: As I can see this addon in 4K, someone knows how to configure it to see it in 4K, I only see up to the resolution of 720p. I have Nvidia Shield TV. Thanks.
Go into addon settings and enable L1 Device

Perfect, I have enabled the L1 device and it works correctly, thank you very much !!

RE: Disney+ - jimbo94 - 2021-03-17

It seems to be a problem with Swedish subtitles. I know it has worked in the past but not anymore. I have double checked and the content have Swedish subtitle on the app.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-03-17

are you on kodi 18?
If yes, then see here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353316&pid=2983270#pid2983270
You'd need to set "Subtitle Allow List" to en,sv

RE: Disney+ - jimbo94 - 2021-03-21

(2021-03-17, 04:58)matthuisman Wrote: are you on kodi 18?
If yes, then see here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353316&pid=2983270#pid2983270
You'd need to set "Subtitle Allow List" to en,sv

Thank you man, that worked.

Another thing I was thinking about is if it would be possible to add the functionality of downloading movie and series posters from some website. I beleive some addons have that functionality. As the Disney+ are more like a square than a movie poster. I beleive it doesn’t look to good at least on my skin.

But of course it is not an important function. Just something that would be nice.

The addon is working great. Thank you for all your hard work.

RE: Disney+ - louis_nichols - 2021-03-21

The add-on works overall great, but lately I've been having trouble with the subtitles. Not sure with which version it started, as I have automatic updates. It used to run fine up until about a month ago.

My settings are default under the Playback category.

Symptoms I see:
* most videos have no subtitles available
* some videos have (only the) Danish subtitles available, no idea why. (for example for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier)
* if I enter "en,de" (without quotes) under subtitle allow list, I get German subtitles but no English ones (even though they are available in the app). And no more Danish.

I live in Germany and I run the add-on under LibreELEC 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9.0) on a Raspberry Pi 400. The add-on is now at version 0.6.1, with SlyGuy shared 0.22.8.

I will appreciate any help. I will be happy to provide logs, if necessary.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-03-21

@l"ouis_nichols"
please read the comments directly above yours...

en,de,da  should get you English, German, Danish.
Again, if you still have too many - it will go over kodi 18 stream limit...
You can limit more by turning off "Forced Subtitles" and turning off "Audio Description Tracks"

Only full fix is to go to Kodi 19.

(2021-03-21, 22:35)louis_nichols Wrote: The add-on works overall great, but lately I've been having trouble with the subtitles. Not sure with which version it started, as I have automatic updates. It used to run fine up until about a month ago.

My settings are default under the Playback category.

Symptoms I see:
* most videos have no subtitles available
* some videos have (only the) Danish subtitles available, no idea why. (for example for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier)
* if I enter "en,de" (without quotes) under subtitle allow list, I get German subtitles but no English ones (even though they are available in the app). And no more Danish.

I live in Germany and I run the add-on under LibreELEC 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9.0) on a Raspberry Pi 400. The add-on is now at version 0.6.1, with SlyGuy shared 0.22.8.

I will appreciate any help. I will be happy to provide logs, if necessary.

Later edit: I wrote "en,it" under allowed subtitles and now I get English, but no Italian (both available in the app).
* If I write "en,it,de", I get just the German ones.
* With "it,sv" I get just the Italian ones.
It looks like it just takes the first subtitle available, in alphabetical order of the language code. Would also explain why the empty lost results in Danish, as that is the first in the list of available subs for this video. So this provides a bit of a workaround. But a fix where we can select from a list of subs would be great.

(2021-03-21, 23:01)matthuisman Wrote: en,de,da  should get you English, German, Danish.
You can limit more by turning off "Forced Subtitles" and turning off "Audio Description Tracks"

Thanks for the quick reply. I had read the posts, but the thing is I only ever get one sub, sometimes none.

(2021-03-21, 23:09)louis_nichols Wrote:
(2021-03-21, 23:01)matthuisman Wrote: en,de,da  should get you English, German, Danish.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had read the posts, but the thing is I only ever get one sub, sometimes none.

Back again after some more testing. So for example the same "it,sv" gets me Italian subs in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier but no subs in Raya.

the issue is still the Kodi 18 limit of total streams..

You can confirm this by using the Audio Allow list to limit total audio streams.
This reduces the total number of streams, so kodi then can pick up the subtitle streams.

Also, remember to disable "Include Audio Description tracks" and also disable "Include Forced Subs"
Both these help reduce the total number of streams.

So you need to either restrict the audio languages and other streams you don't need or use kodi 19

RE: Disney+ - louis_nichols - 2021-03-22

(2021-03-21, 23:39)matthuisman Wrote: the issue is still the Kodi 18 limit of total streams..

You can confirm this by using the Audio Allow list to limit total audio streams.
This reduces the total number of streams, so kodi then can pick up the subtitle streams.

Also, remember to disable "Include Audio Description tracks" and also disable "Include Forced Subs"
Both these help reduce the total number of streams.

So you need to either restrict the audio languages and other streams you don't need or use kodi 19

Oh, ok. Hadn't understood that. Indeed, I stripped down the number of both audio and subtitle streams and disabled the two "includes" and now it works. Thank you for the help!

I will look into upgrading. I tried it once a few months back, but not all my add-ons had been ported yet. Hopefully better now.