Kodi Community Forum
Release Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=353316)

RE: Disney+ - rizu - 2021-09-14

Ah that does make sense.. It's just weird that it only happens with this addon (beyond the random frame skipping on all content using FireTV/Android which is a different issue) I have had no issues playing back AVC content otherwise or playing back the same stream on native app so that suggests there's something going wrong on Kodi's / addon's end since the device itself can hardware decode the same stream elsewhere. With this addon AVC content drops frames every one or two seconds consistently. But yeah I do get it's out of your hands so I'll try to see if I find what is causing this, mainly curious if others have noticed the same and if someone has found a fix Smile

Also huge thanks for all your work on Kodi, been a long time user of your addons on Windows, been a blast Smile

RE: Disney+ - starslayer74 - 2021-09-16

Everything has been great until last night. I tried to watch something and I get the busy indicator on my skin, a spinning circle. If I let it, it will sit with the busy indicator all night long. Once in awhile, Kodi will crash out during this, but not every time. 

I reset the addon and logged back in, same behavior.  I have attached a log in case that helps diagnose the issue. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/mipepaxupa

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-09-16

Cant see any errors relating to disney+
But do see errors from other addons (script.skin.helper.service, script.lazytv)
ive also tested the content your trying to play (What if? S01E06) and works fine for me on kodi 18 & 19.

please enable debug logging in kodi and then get me a new log

RE: Disney+ - tom886 - 2021-10-08

So, Disney Plus is finally available from November in my location, my TV doesn't offer the plugin, so I thought check whether any official plugin exists from Kodi.
Happy to find something here, but then the bummer. Support only up to 1280x720 (I guess this info is old when seeing that can select 1920x1080), but how about 4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos?
Any chance about this gets supported on a Kodi PC?

Cheers
Tom

RE: Disney+ - rizu - 2021-10-08

(2021-10-08, 14:48)tom886 Wrote: So, Disney Plus is finally available from November in my location, my TV doesn't offer the plugin, so I thought check whether any official plugin exists from Kodi.
Happy to find something here, but then the bummer. Support only up to 1280x720 (I guess this info is old when seeing that can select 1920x1080), but how about 4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos?
Any chance about this gets supported on a Kodi PC?

Cheers
Tom
What quality you get boils down to Widevine DRM level. You need Widewine L1 capable device to get 4K, for example Nvidia Shield, FireTV etc.

RE: Disney+ - tom886 - 2021-10-08

(2021-10-08, 16:33)rizu Wrote: What quality you get boils down to Widevine DRM level. You need Widewine L1 capable device to get 4K, for example Nvidia Shield, FireTV etc.

Not really answering my question, my notebook has SGX enabled and Chrome / Edge and FF play 4K.
The questions is, are these are also supported then in the Add-On. The HLS / Dash files with Widevine play fine, but resolution is 1920x1080. As written before, Disney+ launches in November here, so I can only rely on the videostream test files. Inputstream Adaptive and Inputstream FFmpeg Direct are installed, also installed Widevine CM in the Add-On.

Cheers
Tom

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-10-08

Test addon is using generic streams.
It's not related to Disney at all.
It's simply to test that widevine can decrypt on your Kodi.

On a L1 device, the addon does allow 4k, HDR and atmos.

Windows is L3 so you'll only get 720p.

It's not us or Kodi limiting it, it's Disney.
Eg. Try their website, you won't get anything higher

So you could go ask Disney to enable all quality for L3 but you'll probably get nowhere.

It's the provider who decides what quality they enable at each widevine level.

Other providers don't have such limits (but most do). Eg. Hulu. You can watch 4k HDR on Kodi windows just fine using L3

RE: Disney+ - lesliechow - 2021-10-09

I received Error message" API request failed.... Token....." from disney+, The version is 0.9.9, How can I fix it?

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-10-09

Token error?
Try logout and login again

RE: Disney+ - starslayer74 - 2021-10-09

(2021-09-16, 20:42)matthuisman Wrote: Cant see any errors relating to disney+
But do see errors from other addons (script.skin.helper.service, script.lazytv)
ive also tested the content your trying to play (What if? S01E06) and works fine for me on kodi 18 & 19.

please enable debug logging in kodi and then get me a new log

Sorry it took so long to do this. I tried removing the add on and readding it, and then logging back in. I noticed some shows play, some don't. Here is the debug log.  

https://paste.kodi.tv/ihutabafib

RE: Disney+ - lesliechow - 2021-10-10

(2021-10-09, 07:37)matthuisman Wrote: Token error?
Try logout and login again

Log out,then can’t log in again

Shows API request failed,Server
Error:forbidden

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-10-10

@lesliechow
Sounds like your login details arnt valid or not in improved region. Can't help sorry. Try their app or website.

@starslayer74
Again, your log shows nothing related to Disney+
(GetDirectory errors are normal)
doesnt even look like you played anything....

RE: Disney+ - 27hectormanuel - 2021-10-16

Matt, I recently spoke with a Disney+ rep and she told me that the windows store app (.msix) supports FHD and UHD. Maybe you could decompile it to see a higher resolution for the addon (on windows) might be possible.

I have the file and can send it to you.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-10-16

@27hectormanuel
think the rep was wrong.
I've just tried the Windows store Disney+ app and proxying the requests and max i get on Free Guy for example is 720.
its also using Playready which isnt supported in kodi

RE: Disney+ - 27hectormanuel - 2021-10-17

(2021-10-16, 23:38)matthuisman Wrote: @27hectormanuel
think the rep was wrong.
I've just tried the Windows store Disney+ app and proxying the requests and max i get on Free Guy for example is 720.
its also using Playready which isnt supported in kodi
Make sure your display supports FHD.
I hope play ready becomes supported in future versions of windows