Kodi Community Forum
Release Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=353316)

RE: Disney+ - ppglcl - 2022-05-30

(2022-05-15, 12:06)MrMagic Wrote: @matthuisman On Kodi v20 Nexus nightlies with the latest IS:A 20.2.0 I am still experiencing the problem were subtitles appear exactly 3 seconds early.

Is this already worth creating an issue for on GitHub or do you prefer to wait until v20 goes into beta or RC?

Please note that your other addon that I am using (HBO Max) does not have this issue and neither does @CastagnaIT 's Netflix addon.

EDIT

Did some more testing and found that not all titles have the issue.

Shows that have the issue: Loki, Marvel Studios LEGENDS, The Book of Boba Fett (*)
Shows/movies that don't have the issue: The Mandalorian, Avengers: Infinity War, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

(*) Seems like only newer titles have the issue?

Another thing I noticed is that the Disney+ subtitles seem to have positioning information, because they are not in the position that I have configured unless I set the "Ignore subtitle style" option to "Positions".

@glennguy Do you have a clue where this subtitle offset issue is coming from in the Disney+ addon? Is it Kodi, InputStream Adaptive or the addon itself? Please note that with Kodi Matrix 19.4 and the "old" IS:A addon, the issue does not occur.

Hello,

Many thanks for the add-on. I am having exactly the same problem (I would add Obi Wan Kenobi to the list of shows with the subtitles out or sync). Movies and older series work perfectly.

Kind regards

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2022-05-30

There is a GitHub issue open for that
https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adaptive/issues/993
An issue in Kodi 20 core it appears

RE: Disney+ - CALLiSTER - 2022-06-10

Hello, I am new to the forum.

I wanted to ask for help on an issue I'm having with this Kodi Disney+ Add-on.

I have the system language set to Spanish, and the audio is played by default in Spanish from Spain (es-ES), but the forced subtitles into Latin American Spanish (es-419) and I would like them to be the same as the audio (es-ES).

Is there a way to activate the forced subtitles in Spanish from Spain (es-ES) by default?

Thanks!

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2022-06-10

Try addon settings > playback > default subtitle > es-es

RE: Disney+ - CALLiSTER - 2022-06-10

(2022-06-10, 12:08)matthuisman Wrote: Try addon settings > playback > default subtitle > es-es
Thanks for answering! Wink But the default forced subtitles are still es-419 (Latin American Spanish) Sad

I have also tried es-ES and spa and the result is the same.

@CALLiSTER
Disney+ default subtitle setting will only work if kodi subtitle language setting is set to "Original Language"
If you have this set to Spanish - then it will ignore what my add-on sets as original and Kodi doesnt know different between es-ES and es-419 so probably just choosing the first with es.

Solution
1) Change kodis subtitle language to "Original language"
or
2) Keep kodis subtitle language as Spanish and change Disney+ addon settings > playback > subtitle allow list > !es-419 (the ! is required)
   this will make the add-on keep all subtitle languages that are not es-419 and therefore kodi should pick correct remaining es-es
   You'll need at least v0.52.8 of Slyguy Common for above to work

@all add-on users

Please note:
The login I have been using to test / develop Disney+ add-on provided by a user seems to have expired.
If anyone can help with a login that I can use, please see here: https://www.matthuisman.nz/2018/06/looking-for-logins.html
Then either email me (email in that link) or PM me here.

Makes it very tricky to develop without one (unable to test playback)
(If I actually used the service for entertainment, I would get one myself)

Thank you

RE: Disney+ - CALLiSTER - 2022-06-12

(2022-06-10, 23:39)matthuisman Wrote: @CALLiSTER
Disney+ default subtitle setting will only work if kodi subtitle language setting is set to "Original Language"
If you have this set to Spanish - then it will ignore what my add-on sets as original and Kodi doesnt know different between es-ES and es-419 so probably just choosing the first with es.

Solution
1) Change kodis subtitle language to "Original language"
or
2) Keep kodis subtitle language as Spanish and change Disney+ addon settings > playback > subtitle allow list > !es-419 (the ! is required)
   this will make the add-on keep all subtitle languages that are not es-419 and therefore kodi should pick correct remaining es-es
   You'll need at least v0.52.8 of Slyguy Common for above to work

I'm new to Kodi, I must have something outdated since those options don't quite work well:

1) If I change the kodi subtitle language to "Original language" the Disney+ default subtitle setting still doesn't work.
2) If I add !en-419 all subtitles disappear.

Anyway I found an option that works for me:

Disney+ addon settings > playback > subtitle allow list > es-ES
In this way it only shows me the subtitles in Spanish from Spain (which are the only ones I use) and by default the forced es-ES are reproduced.

Thank you very much for the help @matthuisman Wink

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2022-06-12

You needed to use !es-419 (not en-419)
Setting allow to es-es also works if you don't want any other languages.

And with original language selected, you would have still needed to set default language to es

Glad you got it sorted

RE: Disney+ - koby50 - 2022-06-18

I can see at 720
Not even 1080
i am use pc windows 11

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2022-06-18

Can you get 1080 in the browser on windows?
Nope.
Disney limit the quality for non l1 widevine devices. Read the description of the addon Smile

RE: Disney+ - Kravatak76 - 2022-06-18

@matthuisman Hi, I have a new Disney+ in my country and the addon is acting weird. If I have anything added in the watchlist, then the subtitles are shifted during playback. If I play anything I don't have added in the watchlist, the subtitles aren't shifted. The subtitle shift is the same for everything in watchlist by 3 seconds. Don't know what the problem may be? It's pretty annoying because I still have to adjust the subtitle shift every time I play. Thank you.

RE: Disney+ - MrMagic - 2022-06-18

@Kravatak76 Known issue: https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adaptive/issues/993

But it has nothing to do with the watchlist. It happens with shows that have the 3-second Disney "bumper" at the start of each episode.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2022-06-18

As above. Issue in Kodi 20. Use Kodi 19.x if possible or have to wait for the fix Smile

RE: Disney+ - Kravatak76 - 2022-06-19

(2022-06-18, 11:23)matthuisman Wrote: As above. Issue in Kodi 20. Use Kodi 19.x if possible or have to wait for the fix Smile

I already understand that. It's not just a Disney "bumper", but any "bumper", because there are, for example, series that have a Star "bumper" and they have a shift of subtitles too, and that confused me, because practically almost everything I have in the watchlist has some of these "bumpers". But I found a series that has no "bumper" and there really isn't a subtitle shift. Ok, I'll have to wait for someone to fix it ... Thank you.

I have one more question that is not directly related to the addon. I use another adddon (Osmosis) to export streams from the watchlist to the Kodi library, because your addon can't do it yet. This addon seems to cause too many connections or queries when checking for updates, and then the Disney + account is blocked (for security reasons). The strange thing is that this problem does not occur with Netflix, Prime or HBOMax, only with Disney +. Don't know what the problem might be or aren't you considering exporting a watchlist to the Kodi library directly from your addon?