Kodi Community Forum
Release Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=353316)

RE: Disney+ - supsybobo - 2023-06-20

I am experiencing the same weird issues of no video, at times no audio or stream running with no video and audio while using Disney Plus and even HBOMax and Paramount Plus.

I have tried on Buzz TV XRS 4900 and Formuler Z8 android boxes using Kodi 20.1 Nexus with the same results.

Could this be an input stream adaptive problem or DRM/widevine issue?

The problem is not with Disney as it occurs with your other premium addons eg HBOMax as stated above.

Kindly assist.

Thanks a lot

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2023-06-20

they could be using "fake L1 widevine"
Try going into slyguy common settings -> playback and changing "Widevine Level" to "L3"
then restart kodi and then see if they play (at the lower quality)

RE: Disney+ - supsybobo - 2023-06-20

Thanks for your response. I actually did that after I made my initial post and I was able to get the addons to work on the Buzz TV XRS 4900 in 720p. However, they still do not work on the Z8. I am just setting up Kodi 20.1 on my devices and will be firing up my Nvidia Shields and FireTV Cubes very soon.
I don’t expect those to have the Widevine issue as they are L1 and Google-certified.
I won’t bother bout the Z8 for now.

Thanks again

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2023-06-21

@supsybobo I try to keep a list of fake L1 devices so I can automatically drop them down to L3 when in AUTO mode.
with latest slyguy common, there should be a log message starting with Widevine System ID:
Can you let me know the ID it gives you on the BUZZ TV and I can then add it into the known list of fake L1

RE: Disney+ - supsybobo - 2023-06-21

I switched back to Auto in widevine settings in Disney and Paramount Plus addons in order to replicate the problem. However, because the video just keeps on playing in the background with a black screen and none of the addons outrightly fail, it seems like no logs were created. I checked in SlyGuy common settings for logs but it returned no logs found.
I also went into the temp folder in Kodi and checked all the logs but none stating Widevine System ID created by Slyguy common was found. Let me know how I assist further in grabbing the Widevine ID of the Buzz TV XRS 4900. I think CPU-Z will have the info but I do not have it on my system.

I know this is a Disney Plus sub but as you are the creator of HBOMax also, can you kindly change the device code authorization api of the HBOMAX addon from https://hbomax.com/tvsignin to
https://www.max.com/sign-in

This is because it seems the old hbomax auth link has been deprecated and if you try to use the code generated by the HBOMax addon at www.max.com, it doesn’t work for a reason. At the hbomax.com old auth link, alphanumericals are accepted but at the new max.com auth link only numericals seem
to be accepted so the user can’t enter in the code to activate the HBOMAX addon. You can even change the whole addon to Max since that is their new name 🤪😜.

Thanks a lot

As a follow up to my previous post, I just downloaded DRM Info on the Buzz TV.

It states a fake Security Level 1 as you alluded to.

The Widevine System ID is 6077

Hope this helps in identifying one of the ‘fake’ L1 Widevine devices so you can automatically drop it to L3 in auto mode in Slyguy common.

RE: Disney+ - QianyuLi - 2023-06-21

@supsybobo
The Github repository at matthuisman already has this issues.
I think matthuisman is close to finishing the Max add-on, let's stay patient.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2023-06-21

@supsybobo

Few questions
1) can you link to the playstore listing for the DRM info app you used
2) how did it tell you it was fake L1 (i'd like to check how the do that)
3) My addon logs the drm info only once at the very start of kodi booting. no need to play anything.
    Can you please set WV level to AUTO. Then restart kodi and then check the log for the message for: Widevine System ID:
   Im not sure if kodi gets a different ID to the one the drm info app uses - so want the one that gets logged in kodi
4) Max is a complete re-write unfortunately. they using the HBO Go platform now - not the HBO Max platform Sad

Here are the answers to your questions:

1 Link to DRM Info app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo&hl=en_US

2 It didn’t tell me it was fake but it stated the Buzz TV XRS 4900 with Widevine L1 which I know isn’t true cos I know the Buzz TV is not a Google Certified android tv box. It runs android(phone) OS not even android TV. It will only play Netflix at 540p max and some premium apps eg Directv, Fubo, Starz etc will not run on it at all cos of DRM issue and lack of Google certification. It is should be Widevine L3 so the Widevine L1 it was registered with is basically fake. It is a powerful IPTV box though with 4GB Ram and 128 GB ROM.

3 I did that and the result is:
SlyGuy common reports the device with Widevine System ID : 6077- same as the DRM Info app. I did not expect this to be different though.

4 It figures cos Max seems like a ‘totally different’ app and platform. Even the authentication link is different from that of HBOMAX.
I will wait patiently for you to finish the Max addon as advised by @QianyuLi

RE: Disney+ - izprtxqkft - 2023-06-21

good info, thanks for sharing @supsybobo

it helps to have users contribute device information and capability - almost nobody has every device

i concede the buzz is a decent android box but i might argue without widevine it is no better than a mini htpc or a pi, at least for me one of the reasons to run android at all is for the added widevine content

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2023-06-22

thanks @supsybobo

Just what i needed.
Good to know Kodi DRM and Widevine DRM obtain the same id.
As they dont detect its L3, then I will keep going with my known "fake list" Smile
Slyguy common v0.67.1 has your id added to fake l1 list so you should be able to use AUTO on that device now if wanted

RE: Disney+ - supsybobo - 2023-06-23

I switched to Auto after updating SlyGiy common to version 0.67.2 and of course the addons play well cos the level has been automatically dropped to L3.

Interestingly though, Paramount Plus still plays in 1080p on the Buzz TV in auto/L3. However, Disney Plus will only play in 720p. This may not be too surprising though as different premium services have their levels of strictness towards DRM and Google certification because just as I alluded to in one of my previous posts, some premium services will not work at all on the Buzz TV device due to DRM issues and lack of true L1 certification.
I am glad the issue has been sorted.

RE: Disney+ - izprtxqkft - 2023-06-23

on L1 paramount plus will serve 4K DolbyVision content so maybe 1080p is their "limited" L3 content

RE: Disney+ - supsybobo - 2023-06-23

Exactly. Just the same way Netflix will only serve a max of 480p or 540p as ‘limited’ L3 content for many of these devices without proper L1 DRM certification.

RE: Disney+ - Ronny3 - 2023-07-28

What happens if you want to play an episode of these series with Kodi 21 Omega...be it on Android or Windows for example?

Secret Invasion
The Mandalorian
Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Book of Boba Fett
Star Wars: Andor
Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi