Kodi Community Forum
Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) (/showthread.php?tid=353852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - wizard84 - 2020-06-22

(2020-06-21, 18:22)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 08:33)wizard84 Wrote: Hello, thank you so much for your plugin....it's amazing. i'm facing a small issue with the latest version of Kodi and aeon nox silvo skin. I've configure two profiles and associated your plugin in the keymap file 
xml:

<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="252">runaddon(script.audio.profiles,popup)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
everything is working fine if i'm changing the profile before playing a video, but if i press the key during the playback, i'm overwriting the settings of the profile with the ones currently active settings (with the confirmation bar on the top). is it by design?
That doesn't sound right, and I'm not able to duplicate that here.  Whether I'm playing a video or not when I bring up the pop up, it changes the profile, it doesn't save one.  I'll need to see a debug log (make sure you turn on debug logging in both Kodi and Audio Profiles) to understand what's happening.
more than happy to provide you the logs....how can i enable it for audio profiles?

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - Roby77 - 2020-06-22

if i may...since you are using only two profiles  try...
Code:
<key id="24">runscript(script.audio.profiles,0)</key>

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - wizard84 - 2020-06-22

(2020-06-22, 09:44)Roby77 Wrote: if i may...since you are using only two profiles  try...
Code:
<key id="24">runscript(script.audio.profiles,0)</key>

Hi roby, thank you for the suggestion. this was the previous setting (i like the popup :-D) and it was also affected by this strange behaviour

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - pkscout - 2020-06-22

(2020-06-22, 09:30)wizard84 Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 18:22)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 08:33)wizard84 Wrote: Hello, thank you so much for your plugin....it's amazing. i'm facing a small issue with the latest version of Kodi and aeon nox silvo skin. I've configure two profiles and associated your plugin in the keymap file 
xml:

<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="252">runaddon(script.audio.profiles,popup)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
everything is working fine if i'm changing the profile before playing a video, but if i press the key during the playback, i'm overwriting the settings of the profile with the ones currently active settings (with the confirmation bar on the top). is it by design?
That doesn't sound right, and I'm not able to duplicate that here.  Whether I'm playing a video or not when I bring up the pop up, it changes the profile, it doesn't save one.  I'll need to see a debug log (make sure you turn on debug logging in both Kodi and Audio Profiles) to understand what's happening.
more than happy to provide you the logs....how can i enable it for audio profiles?
Please see the Audio Profiles wiki page:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Audio_Profiles#Notifications

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - tomasiek - 2020-06-25

(2020-06-05, 07:34)tomasiek Wrote: Another idea came to me. We can set a given profile for the source type (video / pvr). We also have depending on the type of sound (stereo / multi). But I miss something like the priority of these settings. If I choose the HDMI profile for PVR, I would like that even if there is 5.1 sound the selection window does not appear. If I do not set anything for video, the selection window would appear depending on the type of sound (stereo / 5.1)
Any chance?

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - pkscout - 2020-06-25

(2020-06-25, 11:49)tomasiek Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 07:34)tomasiek Wrote: Another idea came to me. We can set a given profile for the source type (video / pvr). We also have depending on the type of sound (stereo / multi). But I miss something like the priority of these settings. If I choose the HDMI profile for PVR, I would like that even if there is 5.1 sound the selection window does not appear. If I do not set anything for video, the selection window would appear depending on the type of sound (stereo / 5.1)
Any chance?
Probably not.  The user interface for something like that would be exceptionally convoluted in Kodi, and the coding necessary to deal with the nearly infinite number of permutations of prioritization of choices would be very difficult to get right.

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - tomasiek - 2020-06-25

You let me down, my young Padawan Wink

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - wizard84 - 2020-06-28

(2020-06-22, 20:58)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 09:30)wizard84 Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 18:22)pkscout Wrote: That doesn't sound right, and I'm not able to duplicate that here.  Whether I'm playing a video or not when I bring up the pop up, it changes the profile, it doesn't save one.  I'll need to see a debug log (make sure you turn on debug logging in both Kodi and Audio Profiles) to understand what's happening.

sorry for the delay debug.log

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - pkscout - 2020-06-28

(2020-06-28, 09:07)wizard84 Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 20:58)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 09:30)wizard84 Wrote: more than happy to provide you the logs....how can i enable it for audio profiles?

That log shows you playing a movie and then saving an audio profile.  I'm wondering if you don't have the hotkeys setup properly.  If you don't provide an argument for Audio Profiles in the hotkey, it brings up the menu to save a profile, not switch to one.  Can you post whatever keyboard.xml file you have that defines the hotkeys you are using?  You might also want to review the wiki for the instructions on how to setup the hotkeys.

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - wizard84 - 2020-06-29

(2020-06-28, 18:52)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 09:07)wizard84 Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 20:58)pkscout Wrote: Please see the Audio Profiles wiki page:

That log shows you playing a movie and then saving an audio profile.  I'm wondering if you don't have the hotkeys setup properly.  If you don't provide an argument for Audio Profiles in the hotkey, it brings up the menu to save a profile, not switch to one.  Can you post whatever keyboard.xml file you have that defines the hotkeys you are using?  You might also want to review the wiki for the instructions on how to setup the hotkeys.
keymap
thank you in advance for your time

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - pkscout - 2020-06-29

(2020-06-29, 14:36)wizard84 Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 18:52)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 09:07)wizard84 Wrote: sorry for the delay debug.log
keymap
Please review the instructions in the wiki again.  That keymap is not correct.  RunAddon does not pass the argument, so when you use that keymap Audio Profiles assumes you are trying to save a profile.

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - wizard84 - 2020-06-30

(2020-06-29, 17:54)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 14:36)wizard84 Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 18:52)pkscout Wrote: That log shows you playing a movie and then saving an audio profile.  I'm wondering if you don't have the hotkeys setup properly.  If you don't provide an argument for Audio Profiles in the hotkey, it brings up the menu to save a profile, not switch to one.  Can you post whatever keyboard.xml file you have that defines the hotkeys you are using?  You might also want to review the wiki for the instructions on how to setup the hotkeys.
keymap
Please review the instructions in the wiki again.  That keymap is not correct.  RunAddon does not pass the argument, so when you use that keymap Audio Profiles assumes you are trying to save a profile.
i fixed it, putting "RunScript(script.audio.profiles,popup)" and rebooted kodi. now it's working. the funny thing is that the key 252 was mapped to two different functions in two different scenarios, the global one with runaddon was getting the priority also in fullvideo mode, but was not working as expected during the playback. i removed the mapping on fullvideo and now your script is working as expected. sorry again. all the best

Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - puenktchen - 2020-07-20

@pkscout is it possible for you to store the global value of "Volume Amplification" somehow in the profiles?
The global value (for all media) is written to the guisettings.xml.

RE: Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - pkscout - 2020-07-20

(2020-07-20, 00:10)puenktchen Wrote: @pkscout is it possible for you to store the global value of "Volume Amplification" somehow in the profiles?
The global value (for all media) is written to the guisettings.xml.

I don’t see a setting anywhere called volume amplification. Any setting in the system audio section is saved as part of the profile though. If you look in the Extras settings you can also include the volume level, video player settings, and display settings in a profile.

Audio Profiles (for Kodi 18 and later) - puenktchen - 2020-07-20

It's in the audio settings of the osd while playing media.