Kodi Community Forum
Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player (/showthread.php?tid=354168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - hdmkv - 2023-03-27

(2023-03-25, 18:18)robl45 Wrote: I heard ready player one and avatar and whatever have some issues, are they really bad?  That should have said ready player one above and not easy player one.  And what am I giving up by not having dolby vision?  Its between this and the Zidoo 1000 pro
I have a Zidoo Z9X and prefer it a bit over Vero 4K+ as it's a bit snappier to use. But, also use Vero; good to have options. With Zidoo, you also get Dolby VS10 & 'always LLDV' for all content, which looks great on a DV-capable display, or if not, with a HDFury in the mix.

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - robl45 - 2023-03-27

https://www.benq.com/en-us/projector/cinema/ht4550i/buy.html

Most likely will get this to replace my current projector. Does this even play any stuff that the vero can’t?

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Sam.Nazarko - 2023-03-27

(2023-03-25, 22:45)robl45 Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 18:53)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 18:51)robl45 Wrote: I thought the 3d issue was with mvc mkv and certain titles?

That’s a separate issue. If you’re using MKVs and not ISOs you won’t have latency when seeking.

I didn't ask about that issue, I don't use ISO's, I was asking about the MVC MKV issue.  What type of issue and how bad is it, I don't know what the Macroblocking or whatever looks like or means.

Macroblocking looks like pixellation -- it occurs briefly in some movies like other users have mentioned.
You can transcode the file to avoid the problem; or live with it. Unfortunately we haven't had success with resolving the microcode issue with AmLogic for this model of device.

Long term (including new hardware); we will continue to support and develop 3D MVC playback.

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - hdmkv - 2023-03-27

New hardware, can’t wait Big Grin!

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - robl45 - 2023-03-27

All of my 3d files are remuxed BD25, so you are saying if they are redone, they will be fine for the 3D?

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Sam.Nazarko - 2023-03-27

(2023-03-27, 15:30)robl45 Wrote: All of my 3d files are remuxed BD25, so you are saying if they are redone, they will be fine for the 3D?

Yes - the issue only presented on original rips.

Okay, sounds good, thanks

Probably not the place, but since its out of the stock everywhere, if I order one from overseas, does the warranty still apply?

(2023-03-27, 17:16)robl45 Wrote: Okay, sounds good, thanks

Probably not the place, but since its out of the stock everywhere, if I order one from overseas, does the warranty still apply?

It depends if you order it from an official reseller or not. We will have some stock again midweek.

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Dudeman - 2023-04-02

Finally managed to get one. 

@Sam.Nazarko  How long does it usually take for OSMC to ship to the US?

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Sam.Nazarko - 2023-04-02

(2023-04-02, 21:19)Dudeman Wrote: Finally managed to get one. 

@Sam.Nazarko  How long does it usually take for OSMC to ship to the US?

It depends, but not long.

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Dudeman - 2023-04-03

Sounds good.  Looking forward to working with this gizmo. 

Over the years, I've owned or tried a dozen media players or more, from Mac Minis to Intel NUCs and Amazon Fire Cubes and Raspberry pies, and been happy with most of them... until I got into MVC 3D movies, and nothing did everything I wanted.  Some could handle 3D MVC but weren't any good with 4K stuff, others the other way around.

Hopefully the Vero will be the last one I need to buy

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - robee - 2023-05-04

I want to warn the users of this player that the power adapter is of very poor quality.
Unfortunately, the capacitor in the adapter exploded and obviously destroyed the player Sad
I tried the player with another adapter but it doesn't work. When plugging into the socket, the red LED only flashes once.

Buy a better quality adapter to protect your player.

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Sam.Nazarko - 2023-05-04

(2023-05-04, 19:37)robee Wrote: I want to warn the users of this player that the power adapter is of very poor quality.
Unfortunately, the capacitor in the adapter exploded and obviously destroyed the player Sad
I tried the player with another adapter but it doesn't work. When plugging into the socket, the red LED only flashes once.

Buy a better quality adapter to protect your player.

That doesn’t sound right. We haven’t had any reports of this in the past.

Please reach out to [email protected] so that I can work out what’s happened here and remedy this for you promptly

Many thanks

Sam

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - gpmc - 2023-08-18

Day 1 for me!

OSMC Vero V review

RE: Vero 4K+ Mini-review: The Only Native Kodi 4K + 3D Set-top Player - Soli - 2023-08-18

Hope it comes with a remote that doesnt lag half a second :-)