Kodi Community Forum
Is Xanax wizard and approved or unapproved add-on? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Third Party Repositories (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=157)
+---- Thread: Is Xanax wizard and approved or unapproved add-on? (/showthread.php?tid=354519)

Is Xanax wizard and approved or unapproved add-on? - StarBurns - 2020-05-18

I was reading a guide to help prevent a buffering. And one of the things and suggested was to use this ad on to optimize and to clean up some settings. But I don’t wanna use any unapproved add-ons that would not allow me to get support from this forum. So can anybody tell me if that is a “bad” one?

Just looking through what it installs it does look a bit dodgy but that doesn’t mean it is if you don’t enable some of those options.

RE: Is Xanax wizard and approved or unapproved add-on? - the_other_guy - 2020-05-18

IT IS A Build SO NO HELP CAN BE GIVEN
it is a Build provide links that almost exclusively point to unofficial, pirated streams. If you’re looking for legal streams of movies and TV shows, you’re not going to find very many of them in the addons provided by

multiple Kodi addons, including not legal advice disclaimer not legal advice disclaimer, not legal advice disclaimer, not legal advice disclaimer, and not legal advice disclaimer, amongst others.

RE: Is Xanax wizard and approved or unapproved add-on? - StarBurns - 2020-05-18

(2020-05-18, 03:40)the_other_guy Wrote: IT IS A Build SO NO HELP CAN BE GIVEN
it is a Build provide links that almost exclusively point to unofficial, pirated streams. If you’re looking for legal streams of movies and TV shows, you’re not going to find very many of them in the addons provided by

multiple Kodi addons, including not legal advice disclaimer not legal advice disclaimer, not legal advice disclaimer, not legal advice disclaimer, and not legal advice disclaimer, amongst others.

It is an Addon, not a “build” as I understand it. I may “also” be a build. If you just use the ad-on and not the build is it still unsupported?

Well perhaps what I would use it for is better accomplished by a legitimate add on. It runs maintenance and cleans the cache files and does this optimization and is supposed to help prevent video stuttering. It has a nice little tool for tweaking the advanced settings XML file within the Kodi interface. Got a lot more stuff than that but I’m not interested in it. Got a lot more stuff than that but I’m not interested in it. So is there a official Kodi at on that does this? All of my stuff I play for my home network I’m not interested in doing any streams.

RE: Is Xanax wizard and approved or unapproved add-on? - Karellen - 2020-05-18

(2020-05-18, 04:11)StarBurns Wrote: It is an Addon, not a “build” as I understand it. I may “also” be a build. If you just use the ad-on and not the build is it still unsupported?
Yes, it is still unsupported. Anything that come from a repository that primarily exists for piracy or other malicious purposes is banned.

We prefer you don't use them, but you are free to do whatever you like. But if you come here for support, it won't be provided as we don't want to get involved with changes many of those addons make, making our job harder, plus we don't want to indirectly assist the developers of those addons. If they create a problem, they should fix their own problems.

(2020-05-18, 04:11)StarBurns Wrote: Well perhaps what I would use it for is better accomplished by a legitimate add on. It runs maintenance and cleans the cache files and does this optimization and is supposed to help prevent video stuttering. It has a nice little tool for tweaking the advanced settings XML file within the Kodi interface. Got a lot more stuff than that but I’m not interested in it.
I have never really understood why users feel the need to do this. This is more of a placebo than anything of substance. There is no official Kodi addon because the developers feel there is no need for it.