Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- stoli - 2009-10-17

sergiocos Wrote:Updating to latest -dx (both archived or setup) gave me a black screen (the navigation seems to work, i hear the sounds when pressing buttons on my remote). There is some files i should remove? (maybe some of them mess up with the new files)
This is happening on both displays (tv/monitor)

No problems here w/23796dx

- sergiocos - 2009-10-17

The universal answer: removing guisettings.xml did the trick Big Grin

- kricker - 2009-10-18

Upped XBMC-Rev23805-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23805-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23805-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23805-DX

missing .dll - nowisn - 2009-10-18

i installed rev 23805 because I accidentally removed an older build of xbmc but when I try to start this build it gives me a d3dx9_41.dll error say the file wasn't found, I tried reinstalling it but it didn't fix the .dll

Do I need to install an older build first.

thank you

Oh the old build was a gl and the new is the DX

- mindweaver - 2009-10-18

nowisn Wrote:i installed rev 23805 because I accidentally removed an older build of xbmc but when I try to start this build it gives me a d3dx9_41.dll error say the file wasn't found, I tried reinstalling it but it didn't fix the .dll

Do I need to install an older build first.

thank you

Oh the old build was a gl and the new is the DX

You might need to install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

- Orbi - 2009-10-18

Hi, I subscribed to give my input:

Just recently installed the latest dx build (23805) and hooked my computer to my LCD tv. When watching a movie, the first 5 seconds are perfectly normal, but after that period I get a horizontal line on the screen that sometimes moves, sometimes not. The screen at this point moves up and down, along with the subtitles.

Please note that this up and down movement of the screen only happens when the video goes to full screen. When I minimize the video in xbmc, looking for other episodes, the screen does not have this problem. When I switch the video to full screen again, it shows correctly for 3 seconds and the same thing starts all over again. I noticed on the forum several people have issues with this.

I think this is an issue with the video player producing this result only in full screen mode (sometimes on the xbmc UI as well, depending on the options described below).

I tried finding a solution to this by installing other graphics drivers, switching on vert sync (both drivers and xbmc), changing video renderer, adjusting the refresh rate, and a combination of all this.

Please note that wmp and VLC player do not have this problem at all, the image is crystal clear.

I figured I'd try the open GL build of xbmc. Now instead of one line on the screen, I have three. Seems that for me, the DX version is better.

- joshuass - 2009-10-18

Hi Orbi,

You're describing the screen "tearing" which is common when not turning on vsync modes.

First and foremost, you should read the stickied posts at the top of the forum on how to post a problem in a meaningful manner, since you are missing several key pieces of information about your problem.

Finally, after reading those, and searching in the forum about your problem and you cant find a solution, post a new thread about it.

Finally, since your new, the SVN builds are built for the express purpose of testing. They aren't considered to be "stable" builds of XBMC and should be treated as so. Meaning, features may work in one build and not in a later one. So always consider moving down revisions if something is not working right for you.

- azido - 2009-10-18

you better post your issues and workarounds here as this thread is only for announcing new builds.

- azido - 2009-10-19

kricker,

i found in your builds the revision information you see when you trigger system information is slightly behind the current svn for some time now on the GL builds.. like i downloaded SVN 23805 and it tells me it is SVN 23796.

just to let you know..

- lonchaney - 2009-10-19

hey, i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so i'm sorry if it isn't.

i dled SVN 22516 because the new builds were giving me big problems but now when i start up xbmc my movie and tv shows sections are missing. they show them as added in the options section so i don't know why they aren't showing up on the home screen. can anyone help?

- joshuass - 2009-10-19

Not the right place for this. This is for notifying people of new SVN builds. Your library from the new SVN is not campatible with 22516 and needs to be built. See the wiki on how to add/remove items from the XBMC library

- kricker - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:kricker,

i found in your builds the revision information you see when you trigger system information is slightly behind the current svn for some time now on the GL builds.. like i downloaded SVN 23805 and it tells me it is SVN 23796.

just to let you know..
If you are using the updater client, there seems to be an issue with it. If you install with the .exe installer you will see the correct version info. I think it is merely the info though, as you should have whatever the client said it downloaded. I haven't had time to look into it yet.

- azido - 2009-10-19

kricker Wrote:If you are using the updater client, there seems to be an issue with it. If you install with the .exe installer you will see the correct version info. I think it is merely the info though, as you should have whatever the client said it downloaded. I haven't had time to look into it yet.

that even happens if i just download your zip without using the auto updater (which btw gives the correct number on it's own display) , so i thought it's just an info setting while you do the zip build(s) that is one step behind since the last 3 or 4 builds.

- kricker - 2009-10-19

I figured it was in the .zip build, but I'm not sure why yet. The .exe installer and the zip get made from source folder as far as I'm aware.

- azido - 2009-10-19

kricker Wrote:I figured it was in the .zip build, but I'm not sure why yet. The .exe installer and the zip get made from source folder as far as I'm aware.

murphy is always around Rolleyes