Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - Printable Version

Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
---- Thread: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) (/showthread.php?tid=355993)

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - Joker09 - 2020-08-26

Is there any way to fix the frame for the widget-hub in poset-view?

I alrdy looked at it and couldn´t find out a way to fix it.

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - AchillesPunks - 2020-08-26

(2020-08-26, 19:37)Joker09 Wrote: Image

Do you have fixed focus moving frame on?

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - HugoL - 2020-08-26

You can fix it by changing that widget to landscape.

1. Disable fixed focus under widget settings. This allows you to change widget layout.

2. Configure the category widget, switching from Global/poster to landscape.

3. Re-enable fixed focus.

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - HugoL - 2020-08-26

(2020-08-26, 17:28)ronnel Wrote: How can I modify or which xml of the fanart background in the latest update? I like the old one better because the new one has smaller size and the border lines are too much visible compared to the previous update. The vignette doesnt cover much the part of it.

Previous update (I prefer this better, how can I make it back like this)

LATEST UPDATE ( smaller plus the border is too visible )

This is the only e which bothered me, the rest of the changes were already good.

Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I can get you the previous Spotlight corner info later unless Achilles comes back to you sooner.

I changed the diffuse overlay because it was also obscuring too much of the fanart but it definitely needs some work to hide the borders a little better. I’ll look at that tomorrow.

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - Joker09 - 2020-08-26

(2020-08-26, 20:21)AchillesPunks Wrote:

Do you have fixed focus moving frame on?

Yes I had and thx @HugoL it worked out for me Smile

(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 17:28)ronnel Wrote: How can I modify or which xml of the fanart background in the latest update? I like the old one better because the new one has smaller size and the border lines are too much visible compared to the previous update. The vignette doesnt cover much the part of it.

This is the only e which bothered me, the rest of the changes were already good.

Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I can get you the previous Spotlight corner info later unless Achilles comes back to you sooner.

I changed the diffuse overlay because it was also obscuring too much of the fanart but it definitely needs some work to hide the borders a little better. I’ll look at that tomorrow.
I really like the diffuse and overlay now. I tried to fix the little bottom line with photoshop but I am terrible at it. My first time using photoshop was to and it shows. Lol. Take your time Hugo not in a rush.

I have the skin running on Kodi Matrix now, but most of the add-ons don't work. It does look nice with HDR though.

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - HugoL - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-26, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:

I really like the diffuse and overlay now. I tried to fix the little bottom line with photoshop but I am terrible at it. My first time using photoshop was to and it shows. Lol. Take your time Hugo not in a rush.

I winged it in paint 3D with a combination of stretching the diffuse image and cropping the canvas.

It’s a relatively easy fix but like you, I really don’t mind it as is. It’s finding that balance of obscuring the edges while improving the transparency close to the edges.

Does the GitHub have the first spotlight diffuse I sent by mistake or the second one?

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - AchillesPunks - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 00:37)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote: Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I winged it in paint 3D with a combination of stretching the diffuse image and cropping the canvas.

It’s a relatively easy fix but like you, I really don’t mind it as is. It’s finding that balance of obscuring the edges while improving the transparency close to the edges.

Does the GitHub have the first spotlight diffuse I sent by mistake or the second one?
I think I still have it on my computer

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - ronnel - 2020-08-27

Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

(2020-08-27, 05:38)ronnel Wrote:

Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

Paste this in Includesbingie.xml replacing the whole bingiespotlightcorner section from around 1731 to 1752 (or similar).

Quote:<!-- Spotlight Image Main Home -->
    <include name="BingieSpotlightCornerImage">
        <param name="top" default="0"/>
        <param name="right" default="-320"/>
        <param name="width" default="1920"/>
        <param name="height" default="1080"/>
        <definition>
            <control type="image">
                <nested />
                <visible>$PARAM[visibility]</visible>
                <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
                <right>$PARAM[right]</right>
                <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
                <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
                <texture background="true" diffuse="bingie/bingie_default_spotlight_diffuse.png">$PARAM[image]</texture>
                <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="true" aligny="top" align="right">scale</aspectratio>
                <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="500">Hidden</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1200">Visible</animation>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

Also, having the bottom of the fanart hiding behind the poster really isn't a good look with it being visible between the poster gaps. For clearart that could work quite well I'd imagine but not poster/landscape. Also, the black space with clearlogo, spotlight row details, plot etc, work so much better with a spotlight image that doesn't encroach on it's space so much. Netflix just get's this right so it made sense to copy it.

Here's a classic example of it not working well vs the update:

ImageImage

And here's the original diffuse I had to to improve (that still needs a little improvement) vs the update, although I think the mod is still using the incorrect version at the moment.

ImageImage

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - cscott1 - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 12:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote: Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

Also, having the bottom of the fanart hiding behind the poster really isn't a good look with it being visible between the poster gaps. For clearart that could work quite well I'd imagine but not poster/landscape. Also, the black space with clearlogo, spotlight row details, plot etc, work so much better with a spotlight image that doesn't encroach on it's space so much. Netflix just get's this right so it made sense to copy it.

ImageImage

And here's the original diffuse I had to to improve (that still needs a little improvement) vs the update, although I think the mod is still using the incorrect version at the moment.

ImageImage

I have been a long time Bingie user and was disheartened when Cartman moved on to better things. I have been paying attention to this thread and just kind of waiting until most of the bugs have been worked out before switching over. The overlay and and zoomed in spotlight image size was the one thing Cartman changed that I didn't agree with. You guys are awesome for taking the reins on an already awesome skin and making it better will be testing it soon.

RE: Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020) - ronnel - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 10:46)HugoL Wrote:

Paste this in Includesbingie.xml replacing the whole bingiespotlightcorner section from around 1731 to 1752 (or similar).
Quote:<!-- Spotlight Image Main Home -->
    <include name="BingieSpotlightCornerImage">
        <param name="top" default="0"/>
        <param name="right" default="-320"/>
        <param name="width" default="1920"/>
        <param name="height" default="1080"/>
        <definition>
            <control type="image">
                <nested />
                <visible>$PARAM[visibility]</visible>
                <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
                <right>$PARAM[right]</right>
                <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
                <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
                <texture background="true" diffuse="bingie/bingie_default_spotlight_diffuse.png">$PARAM[image]</texture>
                <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="true" aligny="top" align="right">scale</aspectratio>
                <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="500">Hidden</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1200">Visible</animation>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

Thank you so much for this Smile
It may only be my personal preference that I like the fanarts and diffuse overlay to be set up this way. Anyways, thank you again for your work and to @AchillesPunks too of course.

(2020-08-27, 13:35)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 12:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 05:38)ronnel Wrote: Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

ImageImage

ImageImage

I have been a long time Bingie user and was disheartened when Cartman moved on to better things. I have been paying attention to this thread and just kind of waiting until most of the bugs have been worked out before switching over. The overlay and and zoomed in spotlight image size was the one thing Cartman changed that I didn't agree with. You guys are awesome for taking the reins on an already awesome skin and making it better will be testing it soon.

Hey what’s up! I remember watching your Bingie review vid last year and I also read through a lot of the original Bingie post too where you seemed to be very prominent.

Cartman’s skin is impressive, the work he put in was immense but it so needed the makeover it’s getting now.

Catch you around I’m sure.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.