Kodi Community Forum
v18 How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: v18 How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? (/showthread.php?tid=356058)

How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - LeVraiRoiDHyrule - 2020-07-26

Hi,

I would like to ask something but not sure if it's possible.
I have a Jellyfin server, I use Kodi+jellyfin addon as client as it's the only way to read everything correctly. Works really well.

But I often share my server with friends, and the majority of them have difficulties to install Kodi, the Jellyfin repository, then the addon, then configuring everything....
I would like to make it more simple for them.

Is there a way I could make an executable, or anything, that would allow us to easily install my Kodi version with the correct addons and configuration already installed ?

I understand this is probably completely different subjects, but I would like to know if there is a way to this for Windows and for Android.
This is probably 2 different questions, but I'm only trying to know if it's possible.

I searched everywhere about this, I never found anything but that's probably because I can't search for something specific. That's why I ask here.

Thanks in advance for any help or answer.
Have a good day.

RE: How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - DarrenHill - 2020-07-26

This is not a request that we would support here, for the obvious possible future misuse by others for reasons violating our piracy policy (wiki).

I appreciate this isn't what you're trying to do here, but any explanation could equally be used for such purposes.

RE: How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - LeVraiRoiDHyrule - 2020-07-26

(2020-07-26, 21:59)DarrenHill Wrote: This is not a request that we would support here, for the obvious possible future misuse by others for reasons violating our piracy policy (wiki).

I appreciate this isn't what you're trying to do here, but any explanation could equally be used for such purposes.

I must protest, I think you misunderstood here.
When I say "addons", I am not at all talking about shady and illegal addons. As I explained it, I am talking about the addon Jellyfin, which is a fork of Emby and 100% legal.

RE: How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - DarrenHill - 2020-07-26

I know, but if we tell you how to do it with legitimate addons, then anyone else can follow the exact same instructions for banned addons (wiki).

As I said, I know that's not what you're trying to do, but any tutorial or hints on how you can do it will be equally applicable to others wanting to use it for such purposes.

Please aim any protests at those who produce such piracy builds, as they mean we cannot offer support for any kind of build, even if it's perfectly legitimate.

RE: How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - Klojum - 2020-07-26

Gee, why is it always the French who start protesting! Big Grin
There is no need to use bold texts, we know what Jellyfin does.

So you have a Jellyfin server, but no FTP/HTTP/Whatever file server for distributing a couple of add-on settings files?

RE: How can I easily create my own Kodi build with addons to share to friends ? - LeVraiRoiDHyrule - 2020-07-26

(2020-07-26, 22:12)Klojum Wrote: Gee, why is it always the French who start protesting! Big Grin
There is no need to use bold texts, we know what Jellyfin does.

So you have a Jellyfin server, but no FTP/HTTP/Whatever file server for distributing a couple of add-on settings files?

You got me there, I SURRENDER!!

No I don't have a server for addons, there is only 2 to install. Plus I think the number of steps between installing from zip and from ftp server is the same. So I don't think It would make installation easier for my friends. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.