Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Tajo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=296)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix (/showthread.php?tid=356998)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-04-16

(2021-04-03, 01:41)manfeed Wrote: MusicFlix is almost ready and I have also added a new feature, an option to automatically preview the songs belonging to an artist or an album while browsing...

@manfeed , this looks great! I have been trying to come up with a good design for Netflix-style for music, and yours is, in my opinion, excellent.  Would you be OK with me adapting your code for Amber? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-16

(2021-04-16, 20:31)bsoriano Wrote: ...this looks great! I have been trying to come up with a good design for Netflix-style for music, and yours is, in my opinion, excellent.  Would you be OK with me adapting your code for Amber? Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Yes you can do as you please, of course...

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Vimmelthevampire - 2021-04-16

In Netflix music view, when it plays a track, would it be possible to start at a random place in a song?
Ideally though, it would be great to hear a specific piece of music, like adding a trailer to a movie folder for playback, when browsing artist/ album.

Achieving that without kodi scanning it in as an album track would be awesome.

Keep up the good work, thanks for this skin.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Ices - 2021-04-17

(2021-04-16, 06:28)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 16:16)Ices Wrote: Still having trouble, when I change skins to this my music plays and I cant stop the music I have tried with my remote to press the stop button and it goes to next and song and will not stop this is annoying lol any help?

Home screen melodies are on by default in this skin. To turn it off, change from your current skin back to Aeon Tajo, go to System > General Options > All Devices, activate "Don't play melodies while in home screen". See screenshot below. If this does not work, go to System > General Options > Most Powerful Devices,  deactivate "Play automatically songs while browsing music"

Thanks for the help!

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-19

(2021-04-03, 01:41)manfeed Wrote: automatically preview the songs belonging to an artist or an album while browsing...

Hello @manfeed , thanks for the update this skins gets better with time. I have tested the preview and for some artists, it doesn't seem to work, the player throws an error "One or more items failed to play...". I am so far unable to detect the pattern to give you a clear report but at least all albums with more than 1 disc failed to play. The preview would fail when browsing some artist but play just OK when browsing the albums of the same artist. Let me know if you need a debug log.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-19

(2021-04-19, 14:00)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-04-03, 01:41)manfeed Wrote: automatically preview the songs belonging to an artist or an album while browsing...

Hello @manfeed , thanks for the update this skins gets better with time. I have tested the preview and for some artists, it doesn't seem to work, the player throws an error "One or more items failed to play...". I am so far unable to detect the pattern to give you a clear report but at least all albums with more than 1 disc failed to play. The preview would fail when browsing some artist but play just OK when browsing the albums of the same artist. Let me know if you need a debug log.
A debug log would be great. Do the artists that fail to work happen to contain any special character (accents, foreign characters and the like)?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-19

(2021-04-19, 15:19)manfeed Wrote: A debug log would be great. Do the artists that fail to work happen to contain any special character (accents, foreign characters and the like)?
Thanks for deciding to take a look.

Here is the debug log.
No, the artist names don't have special characters but their albums might either in the album title like (deluxe edition) or folder name & ... [24 bit hi-res]

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-19

(2021-04-19, 15:49)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-04-19, 15:19)manfeed Wrote: A debug log would be great. Do the artists that fail to work happen to contain any special character (accents, foreign characters and the like)?
Thanks for deciding to take a look.

Here is the debug log.
No, the artist names don't have special characters but their albums might either in the album title like (deluxe edition) or folder name & ... [24 bit hi-res]
Could you check what happens if you remove advancedsettings.xml just to test?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-20

(2021-04-19, 19:10)manfeed Wrote: Could you check what happens if you remove advancedsettings.xml just to test?

I removed advancedsettings.xml no change but I saw a pattern. Have you tested this feature for artist with more than 1 album in your library? I realized that when browsing at the artist level, the preview does not work for all artists with more than 1 album. When browsing at the album level, it also doesn't work for albums with more than 1 disc or box set. It works for all artist with single albums and all albums with single discs. Special characters in album title or artist name don't matter. 

An album version like this "Taylor Swift - 1989" which has two separate media in musicbrainz is split into disc 1 and disc 2 in KODI and causes an error in the preview.

Let me know if there is any further way I can help with diagnosis. 

Side Note: Removing advancedsettings.xml has surprisingly made my music library faster. I don't know why but this file is always causing one problem or the other with my music library. I can't completely do away with it because I need it to scan mp4 files in the music library and to skip scanning files saved in the extras folder in the video library.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-20

I think that I would be one of the weirdest people if I didn’t have artists with more than one album... of course I do, and they work flawlessly in my end, what’s more, I double checked my library yesterday, browsing almost all my artists and albums and not even once did I get an error...

My main suspect in your case are the mp4 files that you add to your music library, that’s the reason I told you about removing advancedsetting, but to prove it you should have a music library free from mp4 files, not sure if it’s worth the hassle in your case... up to you...

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-20

(2021-04-20, 15:21)manfeed Wrote: My main suspect in your case are the mp4 files that you add to your music library, that’s the reason I told you about removing advancedsetting, but to prove it you should have a music library free from mp4 files, not sure if it’s worth the hassle in your case... up to you...

Its totally worth it if I can get to the bottom of the issue plus, I have less than 10 artists in this library. The set up is for trial purposes only to see what works and what breaks before I upgrade the main HTPC  from Leia to Matrix.

Because of the other problems I have with advancesettings.xml, I am thinking of migrating the mp4 music to the video library as Music Videos. I will do that tomorrow, re-scan my music library and give you feedback.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-21

(2021-04-20, 15:21)manfeed Wrote: My main suspect in your case are the mp4 files that you add to your music library, that’s the reason I told you about removing advancedsetting, but to prove it you should have a music library free from mp4 files, not sure if it’s worth the hassle in your case... up to you...

So I finally got close to pinning the problem. Turns out it has nothing do with .mp4 files which I completely removed including advancedsettings.xml. The culprit is a setting in the music section, "Split albums into individual discs". Why this is causing the problem I don't understand and I can't figure out. All I know is if I turn it off, the preview works as expected, even videos tracks in the music library play nicely in the background (I returned them after realizing they were not the problem). Maybe you can figure it out or maybe it is a KODI core problem since the introduction of multi-discs and boxsets in Matrix.

Assuming this settings is off for you, can you please turn it on and see if the problem is reproduceable on your end?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-21

I also thought that could be the issue, that feature is new in Kodi and very likely it causes some unexpected side effects like this one. Sorry, but I don’t use it and I’m not going to mess with it, since my music library is very big and as I said I don’t have any problem whatsoever...

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-21

@TimeZone 

I have updated my github with a change that I have devised, to see if it could help with that issue, in case you want to try...

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-22

(2021-04-21, 23:09)manfeed Wrote: I have updated my github with a change that I have devised, to see if it could help with that issue, in case you want to try...

Sorry to report that it didn't fix the problem yet. 

Just to be clear in case I did not follow the right procedure; I downloaded the zip file from the Matrix branch in your repo, extracted the zip file and copied all its contents to my addons folder replacing the originally existing files. 

Thanks for taking your time.