Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Waffa - 2008-09-19

dteirney Wrote:We primarily use the Videos menu item. Is there anyway to set this as the default when XBMC is started?

I couldn't find an option that looked like it might allow this in the "Configure the System" menu for the Skin.

Thanks,
David

There is a way to start with videos when you have a harmony remote.
With activities you can select a source, add videos.
Everytime you switch to xbmc it will startup with videos.

- yellowman - 2008-09-19

dteirney Wrote:We primarily use the Videos menu item. Is there anyway to set this as the default when XBMC is started?

I couldn't find an option that looked like it might allow this in the "Configure the System" menu for the Skin.

Thanks,
David

Dosen´t it work like that if you change:
->System->Settings->Appearence->Look and feel->Startup window
to "Videos"?

- dteirney - 2008-09-20

yellowman Wrote:Dosen´t it work like that if you change:
->System->Settings->Appearence->Look and feel->Startup window
to "Videos"?

Yep it does. Thanks!

- procrastineer - 2008-09-21

First of all let me say mediastream is a great skin. I'm trying to use it on my Xbox (with latest t3ch build 2008-09-19, mediastream v0.91), but as other users have pointed out it is slow in some cases. This is understandable since have Xbox is limited memory.

However I'm having issue with loading movies from my network. When I select a movie caching subtitles dialog come up and then xbox hangs. I don't have this issue with project mayhem skin, but I'm not sure if it is related to the skin. Anyone else having similar issues?

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-21

That sounds like memory issues (netwrok cacheing usually needs more memory than local cacheing). Try the new v0.92 release Big Grin

- procrastineer - 2008-09-21

Wow I thought v0.91 was the latest. Will try it soon. Anyone wondering where to find v0.92 it's here on razorfish site and here on xbmc forum.

- Aucard The 3rd - 2008-09-21

i have installed version 0.92 and i have notice something, in library mode, where i would go to choose what kind of layout, list, media preview, showcase, panel stream. well when i would pick them you get a little preview of what the view would be like before you pick it and now that preview does not show up at all anymore. i checked the options and i do have enable media preview.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-21

Aucard The 3rd Wrote:i have installed version 0.92 and i have notice something, in library mode, where i would go to choose what kind of layout, list, media preview, showcase, panel stream. well when i would pick them you get a little preview of what the view would be like before you pick it and now that preview does not show up at all anymore. i checked the options and i do have enable media preview.

Yep, those images are not in the lighter theme as we're still figuring out how to do a similar thing in the most efficient manner

- psike - 2008-09-21

Aucard The 3rd Wrote:i have installed version 0.92 and i have notice something, in library mode, where i would go to choose what kind of layout, list, media preview, showcase, panel stream. well when i would pick them you get a little preview of what the view would be like before you pick it and now that preview does not show up at all anymore. i checked the options and i do have enable media preview.

yep, this preview is gone for me to. Sad

- neoanderson2002 - 2008-09-22

Enable the Rich Theme: Settings -> Appearance -> Theme

- Colvs - 2008-09-22

achoke Wrote:I would love if there was a different icon for going up a level in views. When it says no thumb...sometimes I'm not sure if i'm on the correct item to go up a level. It all up levels had an icon of a big arrow like the new PM.3 HD skin that would be efficient.

+1 for this idea, as requested a couple of times before.

Also, using latest T3CH and 0.92, I'm still seeing the issue in the music section where the context menu is half off screen.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-22

Colvs Wrote:Also, using latest T3CH and 0.92, I'm still seeing the issue in the music section where the context menu is half off screen.

I can't seem to replicate this at all, can you send me your guisettings.xml files (or at least the skinsettings section) so I can see what options you are using and also let me know which view (I assume List?), and whether it is files mode or library? (and probably what area of the library too)

Colvs Wrote:Also, using latest T3CH and 0.92, I'm still seeing the issue in the music section where the context menu is half off screen.

Ignore the above post, I've managed to finally track it down and fix it for the next release. Big GrinBig Grin

Weather and DVD - /.ryd - 2008-09-22

Forgive me if this has already been covered...

BUG: I can't seem to get DVDs to play at all with this skin. If I switch out into another skin, DVD playback works fine... just not while this skin is running.

SUGGESTION: I'd really like to be able to hide the Weather screen on the Home menu, but there doesn't seem to be an option. I found it in the skin.xml file, but changing that had no effect.

SUGGESTION: It would be nice to have the info display that can be bought up over the visualizer be able to be viewed along the bottom, rather than the side. I like the idea of the side, but it does not provide enough room for track and artist info without a lot of scrolling. I also feel it makes the visualizer look off centre as it is effectively cropping the side. Cropping the bottom looks more symmetrical to me.
I understand this is a choice made for consistency throughout the skin, but an option to move it would be great.

Aside from those three things, I'm loving the skin and, so long as at least the first two are resolved, I can see it being my on my screen for a long time to come.

Fantastic work. This really is the best looking skin to date.

/.ryd Wrote:Forgive me if this has already been covered...

BUG: I can't seem to get DVDs to play at all with this skin. If I switch out into another skin, DVD playback works fine... just not while this skin is running.
It might be a memory issue, are you using v0.92 which has a lighter default theme to handle such issues?

/.ryd Wrote:SUGGESTION: I'd really like to be able to hide the Weather screen on the Home menu, but there doesn't seem to be an option. I found it in the skin.xml file, but changing that had no effect.
Nope, can't hide On/Off, System or Weather

/.ryd Wrote:SUGGESTION: It would be nice to have the info display that can be bought up over the visualizer be able to be viewed along the bottom, rather than the side. I like the idea of the side, but it does not provide enough room for track and artist info without a lot of scrolling. I also feel it makes the visualizer look off centre as it is effectively cropping the side. Cropping the bottom looks more symmetrical to me.
I understand this is a choice made for consistency throughout the skin, but an option to move it would be great.
Check the Skin Settings as there is a use horizontal vis option for exactly this purpose