Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-07-22

@gemini88
I found a problem with using "SLIDESHOW" or "SLIDESHOW + VIEWING". Music viz would display the default fanart on top of the images downloaded by the Artist Slideshow add-on. Do you have that add-on installed?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Skin helper error - 2022-07-23

@latts9923 
did you have time to take a look, what do you think??   Huh

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-07-23

Just downloaded your repository. It completely trashed my existing Kodi. Thanks!!!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-07-24

@Skin helper error
I like the first intro you posted. If you don't mind, post a link to the other intros so folks can download them. Thanks!

@Chalklands
You're the first to report any problem like this with my repo. What OS and version of Kodi are you using?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-07-24

Hi
Apologies If I was a bit sharp. Kodi 19.4 on a Nvidia Shield TV Pro. For some reason it took ages to load the skin & when it switched to the skin Kodi crashed and when I reopened it I just got a black screen.
I've now reinstalled a backup, so will try again later today. If a similar thing happens I'll let you know. Excited to try this skin though.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-07-24

@Chalklands
No worries...I'm sure you were in dismay when KODI freaked out on you. I don't have a Shield to test with, but I know others on this thread do and have experienced similar problems with the latest OS update. So the repo installed OK, but the skin did not, correct? Just checking...did you follow the steps on the first post of this thread?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-07-24

@Chalklands I run Kodi Matrix and this skin on 2 2017 Nvidia Shield Pro's and have for years. Recently (after the last Shield FW update) I have been having issues directly DLing skin updates from the repo. I would suggest that instead you try DLing the zip file of the skin and install from zip instead. I haven't noticed any issue grabbing the other addons from the repo.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-07-24

@latts9923  I believe you've just adjusted poster sizing in the latest update on the skin. Can whatever controls widget poster sizing for music albums be treated as separate? The full DVD case poster size for a music album looks a little odd (to me) , an actual CD case would be a square shape instead of a rectangle; and also covers the CD spinning animation displaying behind the poster art (see screenshot) 

(2022-07-24, 12:56)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
No worries...I'm sure you were in dismay when KODI freaked out on you. I don't have a Shield to test with, but I know others on this thread do and have experienced similar problems with the latest OS update. So the repo installed OK, but the skin did not, correct? Just checking...did you follow the steps on the first post of this thread?
Hi thanks for the reply. I'm still setting up kodi with a fresh install. Once I finish and backup I'll give it another go! As far as I'm aware the repo installed OK but the issue happened when I tried to use the skin. For some reason it took ages to install. May have been a network problem.

(2022-07-24, 15:28)wags1 Wrote: @Chalklands I run Kodi Matrix and this skin on 2 2017 Nvidia Shield Pro's and have for years. Recently (after the last Shield FW update) I have been having issues directly DLing skin updates from the repo. I would suggest that instead you try DLing the zip file of the skin and install from zip instead. I haven't noticed any issue grabbing the other addons from the repo.
Thanks for the reply. Thanks for your advice. Need to finish setting up Kodi before I try this skin again. Thought I'd do a clean install & tidy everything up.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-07-24

@Chalklands DLing the zip file of the skin to my pc takes less than a minute. Trying to update the skin from the repo on either of my 2 Shields was taking so long I just gave up. I think you will be better off DLing the zip file of the skin and installing it using that instead of trying to do it from the repo.

(2022-07-24, 21:09)wags1 Wrote: @Chalklands DLing the zip file of the skin to my pc takes less than a minute. Trying to update the skin from the repo on either of my 2 Shields was taking so long I just gave up. I think you will be better off DLing the zip file of the skin and installing it using that instead of trying to do it from the repo.
Thanks. I'll try as you say.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-07-25

Managed to load the Skin OK. I think it looks great!! A lot of work must have gone into it.

Still playing around with the settings etc. Really excited to see what it can look like.

Two questions though:

1. As I use the radio addon quite a bit. Other skins I've used show artist slideshows when playing certain stations. Is this feature available in this skin?
2. When playing music the is it possible to have the bottom panel  (the one with the spinning cd) permanently displayed?

Thanks for a great skin!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Nickerw - 2022-07-25

Hi!
1.: Yes, but you need the addon "artist slide show" and you need to have a look at the adjustments (right list view, then moving from one file or folder to the left)
2.: Yes, same as above; you have to deny "close after 10 sec"just on top.
Greetings
Klaus

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-07-25

@Shredder_guitar
I'll take a look at the album art.

@Chalklands
I'm glad you got it installed. I need to buy a used Shield for testing purposes.

Thanks for the kind words. The skin was designed by @MarcosQui, but I have put a lot of work into the mods. Yeah, this skin has a lot of options and is highly customizable.