Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Skin helper error - 2022-09-22

@latts9923 

Huge thanks. 
It's almost a full time job you do on kodi.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Jumpy73 - 2022-09-22

(2022-09-18, 13:38)latts9923 Wrote: @Jumpy73
Howdy! Yes, you are using the most current version of Skin Helper. Are you using v1.0.50 of Metadatautils as well? You can try removing simplecache.db and let it repopulate. It will take a few minutes to complete.

Hi @latts9923
I've installed v1.0.48 of Metadatautils. I passed to v1.0.50 and now it works without removing simplecache.db

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Lehmden - 2022-09-23

Hi.
I really love Aeon MQ8. It's my preferred Kodi skin for a long time already. But since some time there is one thing that's driving me mad.
When I'm inside a series I don't see the series fanart but the background of the main menu. This is absolutely not what I expect there. All other skins I know are doing it as I expected it to be.

Here a screenshot with the Kodi default skin as an example how ist should work imho.

and here as it looks in MQ8:

The same issue on season level:

It only is working on series level as expected:

If this is a configuration mistake done by me, please point me to the place where I can change this.
If this is a feature please make this configurable as I really don't like this.
If this is a bug, please try to fix it

Many thanks for the great work on this skin.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-23

@Skin helper error
You betcha! Haha. Sometimes it does feel like a second job, but I still enjoy working on the skins.

@Jumpy73
Good deal...glad you got it working!

@Lehmden
I see fanart TV Shows, Seasons, and Episodes. What art setting do you have enabled for each one?

(2022-09-23, 12:48)latts9923 Wrote: I see fanart TV Shows, Seasons, and Episodes. What art setting do you have enabled for each one?
I've enabled all art types, at least as far as I know.
Quote:    <tvshowextraart>
      <arttype>characterart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
      <arttype>landscape</arttype>
      <arttype>keyart</arttype>
    </tvshowextraart>
    <movieextraart>
      <arttype>banner</arttype>
      <arttype>discart</arttype>
    </movieextraart>
    <moviesetextraart>
    </moviesetextraart>
  </videolibrary>
  <musiclibrary>
    <artistextraart>
    </artistextraart>
    <albumextraart>
        <arttype>back</arttype>
        <arttype>spine</arttype>
    </albumextraart>

As mentioned, in any other skin it's working as expected and it was working in MQ8 before too. I've nothing changed here at all. I'm using the most recent skin version on Kodi 19.4 on different systems and different OS (Windows and Android). MQ8 never shows fanart in season or episodes level. The screenshots above are done with a completely fresh installation (excerpt for the centralized MySQL database) and the custom advancedsettings.xml

Hi.
I've tried Aeon MQ 7 in meantime and it also is working as expected.

Only MQ 8 did not work. So it looks like an issue with MQ 8 to me not with my system.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-23

@Lehmden
Sorry, I meant what ART setting do you have enabled in the Top Menu for TV Shows, Seasons, and Episodes.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Lehmden - 2022-09-24

Hi.
Ok, that was it. Thanks a lot.
But I never changed anything there. I even didn't realized this option exists. The "default" behavior must have changed with an update for the skin some time ago, as it happens on any of my systems and even after a completely fresh installation.  Easy "fix" nevertheless.

Another thing I'd like to ask. Is there a way to include modifications on main menu into the skin backup? If I export the skin settings and import them later, only a few settings are exported/imported but e.g. the changes to the main menu are not. The most configuration work I need to do is not saved this way. For me this backup is no real backup and didn't help that much. With the backup function it should be possible to restore the skin as it was at the time, the backup was created. This is how I expect a backup to work. Maybe this also is a setting I didn't found up to now like the fanart "issue" was.

Again, thanks a lot for your work and help.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-24

@Lehmden
You're welcome!

I just tested the export and import skin settings buttons, and I see the same result as you. This is not working correctly.

UPDATE: I just opened the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup add-on and ran a create backup, then restored the backup and it works. I'll look at the skin code.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - daniko - 2022-09-26

hi,i want remove  cd on the video info , is there anyway to do?Image

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-09-27

(2022-09-22, 15:48)Panko Wrote: Hi! I'm having a weird errors related to this skin and a couple of addons. Coexistence beetwen service skin helper and artwork dumb and/or traktv causes the last two throw an error at kodi starts and make it unusables. Deactivating service skin helper fixes both addons behaviour. This happens to me only with this skin mod, but no in others like embuary (I supose embuary does not make use of service skin helper). All addons are up to date (and I've tried different versions of three).
Is this really related to the way mq8 mod works with skin helper addon, does anyone see same behaviour, or can anyone point me a way to start looking for a solution? I really appreciated and used this skin mod since upgrade to kodi matrix and does not want to change to other skin... thnx in advance!
@Panko /@latts9923 - Well over 1 year ago, I reported the same issue with Skin Helper Service (search this forum). It was never resolved and disabling Skin Helper Service, I was able to use the interface without Kodi crashing. I was told by developers it was only my system, yet others have posted the same and I have received several PMs asking if I ever fixed the problem (I tell them to disable SHS and the problems go away). I spent so much wasted time trying to help solve the issue with you Latts, but it seemed all too hard for any of the developers to fix.  I havent had time to follow this forum for a while, but had to setup a new system (last week), this time using Ubnutu (previously KDE Neon), different hardware than my other system, and still the latest Skin Helper Service, with all the latest versions, running on a scratch system without any other addons (like the pvr addon, etc), Skin Helper Service STILL CRASHES Kodi.

I havent seen any difference not using Skin Helper Service other that it not showing the actors for Movies/TV SHows (which doesnt worry me), but it would be good to get this fixed.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-27

@RB0135
Yeah, I remember working on this problem with you. I have had KODI crash on me a handful of times when I'm updating my library, but I do not get any Skin Helper errors before it crashes.

@Panko
I have not seen any Artwork Dump errors on my side.

@daniko
I noticed the other day that TV Show episodes display the discart as a thumbnail of the TV Show. I think I'm just going to disable the discart for TV Shows unless someone objects.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Schenckmeier - 2022-09-27

I have the same problem as @RB0135 on the distros Ubuntu 22.04,20.04 and debian bullseye (self-comiled kodi).
Thats the reason i deactivated SHS for a long time ago and then i asked for a few days why my discart (Layout 3D) is not working Rofl

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - daniko - 2022-09-27

thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2022-09-28

@latts9923 

I am getting the very same error as @Panko and have been for a little more than a month.
How important is "skin helper service" to the MOD, what is it's function?