Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-04

I would suggest keeping your extrafanart in a separate folder from either your music videos or music files.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-04

@Chalklands
You should place the extrafanart folder in the "Artist A" folder from your example. You can name the images anything you like. You can also name them fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc. and place them in your Artist folder if you want to use the "ARTWORK HELPER FANART" art option.

I added the alphabet scrollbar to the Multiplex view for Music Videos. I also added the option to display characterart in the Right List view for Music Videos.

@martinsvision
You don't get a Skin Helper error when you select "SELECT ANIMATED ART" from a Collection? Matrix should add the animated art when you scan the Collection into your library, but if it doesn't I always go to Video Info from the Collection and select "CHOOSE ART" to select the animated art.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - martinsvision - 2022-10-04

@latts9923 OK I know this is going to sound crazy and I don't see a possible correlation but I make sure my server ( were my movies and artwork for everything is located) is the domain host master Every time it allows me to pick animated fanart and poster by selecting the collection and choseing Select Animated Art but for some reason it applies it to the last movie in the collection instead.
And if I select it from inside the collection or throwing it into the artwork folder and labeling it -animatedposter it does change the poster but the poster does not animat its frozen, but this only happens on collections

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-10-04

(2022-10-04, 01:47)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
You should place the extrafanart folder in the "Artist A" folder from your example. You can name the images anything you like. You can also name them fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc. and place them in your Artist folder if you want to use the "ARTWORK HELPER FANART" art option.

I added the alphabet scrollbar to the Multiplex view for Music Videos. I also added the option to display characterart in the Right List view for Music Videos.

@martinsvision
You don't get a Skin Helper error when you select "SELECT ANIMATED ART" from a Collection? Matrix should add the animated art when you scan the Collection into your library, but if it doesn't I always go to Video Info from the Collection and select "CHOOSE ART" to select the animated art.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-10-04

(2022-10-04, 01:47)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands

@martinsvision
Hmm, scratching my head over this.
Tried saving an extrafanart folder in the artist music video directory, for example:

Music Videos
          Chantal Kreviazuk
                      extrafanart

Changed the Art setting (top right of screen) to 'Extra Fanart'
Nothing happens it continues to show the original fanart picture.
Tried this in Kodiflix and Rightlist and List 3D v2 views.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Panko - 2022-10-04

(2022-09-27, 12:54)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
Yeah, I remember working on this problem with you. I have had KODI crash on me a handful of times when I'm updating my library, but I do not get any Skin Helper errors before it crashes.

@Panko
I have not seen any Artwork Dump errors on my side.

Sorry for being late... mi kodi installation was wipped.
The question is I don't think its really skin helper related, buy somehow it has a connection.
On any skin that does not make use of skin helper, both (arworkdump and traktv) addons works without error or problems. On mq8 mod or mq7 mod, which requires skin helper service, both (artworkdump and traktv) addons throw a similar error. Skin Helper works as expected and does not throw any error in all cases. On mq7 or mq8 mods with skin helper disabled, artworkdump and traktv both works with any errors.
Even in debug mode or kodi crashes logs, skin helper does not show any error, but artworkdump and traktv throws a very similar error:
adamohequw.kodi (paste)
In the case of kodi crashes, it occurs more frequently when trhee addons are enabled, buy not always, and rarely with only skin helper enabled, or only with artowrkdump and traktv enabled.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Bladerunner1962 - 2022-10-05

(2022-10-03, 00:29)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-10-02, 16:31)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: @wags1  and @andrzejls 

Sorry, obvouisly I didn't place my question clear enough ;-)
It belongs not to Nvidia Shield itselfes.

It belongs to....
MQ8 works slow within the menu
- then scrolling through menus/sub menus items
- no matter which poster view I select,  it works very slow scrolling through the movies and often it takes some times to show all or next movies
- it seems that the MQ8 movie views (poster, film information, background pictures, technical information) are always new generated
- the menu names or information with more letters/longer discribtions are stuttering instead of fluid showing

I already disabled weather settings.
Which settings can I also use to make the MQ8 skin faster/fluider?
I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you have home network and is your Nvidia connected to it (hardwire or WIFI)?
2. Is your Kodi Movies, TV Shows, Music etc actual files located on your Nvidia device internal storage or USB external drive or on network attached storage (NAS)?
3. Is your Kodi database located on Nvidia device or external storage?. 
4. Can you provide copy of your "/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"?. Make sure you mask any IP address in that file so you will not be exposing your intranet structure.
5. If your Kodi database is located on external drive, NAS for example, how you connect Kodi to it?.

Thanks

PS. wags1 if I forgot something, please jump in.
1. My Zidoo z1000 Pro (not Nvidia) is connected via LAN (Highspeed) to my home network
2. Kodi Movies, TV Shows, Music and so on are located on my NAS (WD MyCloud Ex2Ultra)
3. Normally my Kodi database is located on the Zidoo internal storage.
    On my NAS I have for ALL movies only one main folder there all movies are located.
    I don't see there any folder or file like ".db". So I guess, the libarary is located on the internal storage
4. I have so far no advancedsettings.xml in my Kodi on Zidoo platform. Are there settings for a advancedstettings.xml to optimize e.g. cache for poster or movie information?
5. not relevant, cause Kodi database is located on internal drive

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-10-05

(2022-10-05, 19:32)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2022-10-03, 00:29)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-10-02, 16:31)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: @wags1  and @andrzejls 

Sorry, obvouisly I didn't place my question clear enough ;-)
It belongs not to Nvidia Shield itselfes.

It belongs to....
MQ8 works slow within the menu
- then scrolling through menus/sub menus items
- no matter which poster view I select,  it works very slow scrolling through the movies and often it takes some times to show all or next movies
- it seems that the MQ8 movie views (poster, film information, background pictures, technical information) are always new generated
- the menu names or information with more letters/longer discribtions are stuttering instead of fluid showing

I already disabled weather settings.
Which settings can I also use to make the MQ8 skin faster/fluider?
I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you have home network and is your Nvidia connected to it (hardwire or WIFI)?
2. Is your Kodi Movies, TV Shows, Music etc actual files located on your Nvidia device internal storage or USB external drive or on network attached storage (NAS)?
3. Is your Kodi database located on Nvidia device or external storage?. 
4. Can you provide copy of your "/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"?. Make sure you mask any IP address in that file so you will not be exposing your intranet structure.
5. If your Kodi database is located on external drive, NAS for example, how you connect Kodi to it?.

Thanks

PS. wags1 if I forgot something, please jump in.
1. My Zidoo z1000 Pro (not Nvidia) is connected via LAN (Highspeed) to my home network
2. Kodi Movies, TV Shows, Music and so on are located on my NAS (WD MyCloud Ex2Ultra)
3. Normally my Kodi database is located on the Zidoo internal storage.
    On my NAS I have for ALL movies only one main folder there all movies are located.
    I don't see there any folder or file like ".db". So I guess, the libarary is located on the internal storage
4. I have so far no advancedsettings.xml in my Kodi on Zidoo platform. Are there settings for a advancedstettings.xml to optimize e.g. cache for poster or movie information?
5. not relevant, cause Kodi database is located on internal drive
OK, 
I am going to presume that your NAS (WD MyCloud Ex2 Ultra) and your media streaming device (Zidoo z1000 Pro) are hardwired/connected to your home intranet/network Store purchased consumer grade) router. Correct me if I am wrong.
1. Form specs of Zidoo z1000 Pro I see that this devise is 2GB of RAM 64bit with some storage. This is a little bit under-power for streaming but acceptable (1 step above Fire Stick 4K IMHO).
2. Your NAS (WD MyCloud Ex2Ultra) is 1.3GHz dual-core with 1GB. max of RAM. You need much more powerful NAS hardware (my NAS is with 32GB DDR4 RAM 4.2 GHz AMD 5 3600 Ryzen 6 core 12 threads CPU running Openmediavault6 in Debian Linux). My router is custom build old PC with 4 Core 2.5 GHZ Q9300 Intel CPU with 8GB DDR2 RAM running pfSense 22.05 Plus on FreeBSD Unix. 
4. advancedsettings.xml should be in your Zidoo z1000 Pro "/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata" hidden directory.   advancedsettings.xml is not for speeding up anything, it is for describing some Kodi options and Kodi Database, port used, user name and user password when and if that Database is located remotely. In your case is not.
In my opinion it not Aeon MQ 8 issue, although it is not light skin, it is your hardware and based on the specs I would expect performance just as you described.
I am NOT trying to diminish your setup so do not be offended by my comments. I am trying to point you to where you need to be, hardware wise, to get to Kodi performance you are looking for.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Bladerunner1962 - 2022-10-05

@andrzejls 

Thank you very much for your support and ideas.
Yes, the Zidoo z1000Pro is as all devices in my homecinema direct connect with a "high end" consumer router.

The idea of a more powerful NAS hardware is interesting. Perhaps there is the bottleneck. I have the MyCloud Ex2Ultra since 3 years in my homecinema.
So far I had no problems watching e.g. 4K-Movies with this NAS. The 4K-Movies starts direct then selected.

If also the Zidoo z1000Pro is a bottleneck....this would suprise me, cause this one of the best tested hardware mediaplayer. Has the Nividia Shield more than 2GB RAM? I thought, my Nvidia Shield Pro has also only 2GB RAM.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-10-06

(2022-10-05, 22:39)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: @andrzejls 

Thank you very much for your support and ideas.
Yes, the Zidoo z1000Pro is as all devices in my homecinema direct connect with a "high end" consumer router.

The idea of a more powerful NAS hardware is interesting. Perhaps there is the bottleneck. I have the MyCloud Ex2Ultra since 3 years in my homecinema.
So far I had no problems watching e.g. 4K-Movies with this NAS. The 4K-Movies starts direct then selected.

If also the Zidoo z1000Pro is a bottleneck....this would suprise me, cause this one of the best tested hardware mediaplayer. Has the Nividia Shield more than 2GB RAM? I thought, my Nvidia Shield Pro has also only 2GB RAM.
Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 has 3GB memory but more important has X1+ chip. It is the best multimedia streaming device on the market. You should Google it. Your NAS is seriously under-power to push 4K, 10bit files at 60GHZ. On top of that you are using (you are not the only one. Great majority of home users do same) consumer grade router. ALL of them are "Jack of all trades and master of none". The have to work as router, WIFI access point, DNS server in some cases Samba and/or FTP servers. All of those routers, including very expensive ones, are low power, low memory and old CPU (~10-12 years old technology). I use 2 (two) RT-AC68U Asus routers connected through Ethernet CAT-5 cables as WIFI access point only for that reason and utilized my old PC and build a powerful router. 1GB MAX. RAM on NAS is....... well what can I say. Look into openmediavault FREE Debian based OS for NAS. Before you decide anything I  would suggest to you to do some research. Hope this will help. Good luck.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-06

Just as a point of reference, I run Kodi with the MQ8 Mod on two different 2017 Nvidia Shield Pro's. Content, movies and music, and DB (running on MariaDB 10) are on a rather old, and slow, Synology NAS (DS213). All connected via Ethernet thru a consumer grade router (Asus XT8). I don't experience any performance issues. I have found that good consumer grade routers and NAS work fine for Kodi. Prior to the Asus XT8 router I used a Asus RT-AC87U router for many years, again with no Kodi performance issues.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Bladerunner1962 - 2022-10-06

As I already told before, I have (also) no issues to e.g watch 4K movies with my hardware setup. There is no buffering or something else.

My aim is to improve the speed ("fluid") in MQ8 for e.g. coverflow, switching between menus/submenus. Sometimes it takes too much time to show e.g. movie infos incl. loading of posters/backgrounds.

Perhaps I'll test, how the behauvior is changing, if I place all DB library files on an external (NAS/USB) drive/storage.

How can I change in Kodi the DB library location? Actual all DB library files and all Thumbnails are stored on the internal Android storage in Kodi/Userdata/Database and ..../Thumbnails

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-10-06

(2022-10-06, 15:11)wags1 Wrote: Just as a point of reference, I run Kodi with the MQ8 Mod on two different 2017 Nvidia Shield Pro's. Content, movies and music, and DB (running on MariaDB 10) are on a rather old, and slow, Synology NAS (DS213). All connected via Ethernet thru a consumer grade router (Asus XT8). I don't experience any performance issues. I have found that good consumer grade routers and NAS work fine for Kodi. Prior to the Asus XT8 router I used a Asus RT-AC87U router for many years, again with no Kodi performance issues.
I agree with you. Once Kodi DB is on NAS running in MariaDB (that is my config too) then it will run OK even with "consumer grade" router. I did  that for couple of years, but ~1 Year ago i build pretty powerful new NAS and about 6 mo. or so I build commercial grade router. Difference in speed and performance is HUGE, but that is me ---> need for speed.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Jumpy73 - 2022-10-06

Hi,
I have some movies' collections loaded into kodi library. I have .nfo file for each of them. After the first loading into kodi library I don't know how to reload updated .nfo files. It seems that .nfo files are not considered.
I tried  with configuration menu/manage/edit data but if I modify the desired information item, then no updated information is displayed anyway.

Do any of you know how to update the information for the movie collection?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-07

(2022-10-06, 16:39)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: As I already told before, I have (also) no issues to e.g watch 4K movies with my hardware setup. There is no buffering or something else.

My aim is to improve the speed ("fluid") in MQ8 for e.g. coverflow, switching between menus/submenus. Sometimes it takes too much time to show e.g. movie infos incl. loading of posters/backgrounds.

Perhaps I'll test, how the behauvior is changing, if I place all DB library files on an external (NAS/USB) drive/storage.

How can I change in Kodi the DB library location? Actual all DB library files and all Thumbnails are stored on the internal Android storage in Kodi/Userdata/Database and ..../Thumbnails

I actually wasn’t talking about the performance of watching movies, 4k or otherwise, at all. I honestly don’t really use Kodi to watch movie’s anymore. My main use case is listening to music. I was talking about exactly what you are talking about. Things like menus, coverflow, etc. . I find all of that to be very snappy and performs very well in my environment which I described. Honestly if your DB, thumbnails, etc. are all local on your device it should perform very well. Could be that your device is just underpowered.