Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-29

@RCBodyslam
No worries. That is odd that you had to add music to get Artwork Helper to work for Movies. There is nothing in the video artwork code to require music content. I'm also not sure why you don't see posters in other views if you have "CHARACTER ART POSTER" enabled. I have made some changes to that part of the code. Are you running v1.0.2.8 of the skin?

@Shredder_guitar
Looking good...Happy Halloween!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-10-29

(2022-10-29, 03:25)Shredder_guitar Wrote: A little flex video I made, this forum thread doesn't ALWAYS have to be about issues Wink
Image[/img]Image

Kodi - Halloween Theme

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-10-29

@"latts9923
Yeah, I have 28.5 installed. I even did a fresh start too, reinstalled Kodi, the skin and my library. The posters showed up in all views. Then as soon as I switched to Character Art in Right List view, bam! They didn't. 
I also noticed that the Artwork options carry over from one section to the next. If I have Artwork Helper enabled in my Movie Library then switch to my music it will stay on that setting. Which would be fine except AH artwork only shows on Artist view, not Album or Song view. I also have TMDB Helper installed and same thing happens.Doesn't switch to Default view.  It was kinda weird when I expected to see Black Adam and got Rodney Dangerfield from Caddyshack instead, lolol. 

So yeah, not sure what's up. And on a fresh install too.

Hi,
Is there any setting to change to get fanart images to cycle in movies? Mine aren't for some reason.
I've got fanart saved in the respective  movie folders saved as fanart1, fanart2 etc and in the view (Kodiflix) I have tried with both Extra Fanart and Artwork Helper Fanart set to on but the fanart isn't cycling. Any ideas?

(2022-10-29, 14:58)Chalklands Wrote: Hi,
Is there any setting to change to get fanart images to cycle in movies? Mine aren't for some reason.
I've got fanart saved in the respective  movie folders saved as fanart1, fanart2 etc and in the view (Kodiflix) I have tried with both Extra Fanart and Artwork Helper Fanart set to on but the fanart isn't cycling. Any ideas?
Just had another look at my movies library.
Two movies are showing cycling fanart. For some reason both of these have sub directories called extrafanart, extrathumbs, .actors 
I have no idea how these were created and populated as I certainly haven't added them. Just wondering what addon created these? Maybe the lack of these in other movies is stopping the fanart from cycling?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-30

@RCBodyslam
You are explaining some very odd behavior that I just can't reproduce.
1. All my posters are showing just fine regardless of the "CASE ART:" setting.
2. The artwork settings for Movies/Music are completely independent from each other. I don't know how changing one could affect the other.

I'm going to post another update sometime this afternoon. Try this update and see what happens.

@Chalklands
I'm pretty sure the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders used to be created by the antiquated add-on Artwork Downloader (last time I used it was in Krypton before Artwork Beef was available). I have been cleaning up my library and removing the extrathumbs folders. The "EXTRA FANART" setting still works (uses Skin Helper) if you have an extrafanart folder. Artwork Helper looks for the fanart images (fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc.) in the Movie folder.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-10-30

(2022-10-30, 14:09)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
You are explaining some very odd behavior that I just can't reproduce.
1. All my posters are showing just fine regardless of the "CASE ART:" setting.
2. The artwork settings for Movies/Music are completely independent from each other. I don't know how changing one could affect the other.

I'm going to post another update sometime this afternoon. Try this update and see what happens.

@Chalklands
I'm pretty sure the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders used to be created by the antiquated add-on Artwork Downloader (last time I used it was in Krypton before Artwork Beef was available). I have been cleaning up my library and removing the extrathumbs folders. The "EXTRA FANART" setting still works (uses Skin Helper) if you have an extrafanart folder. Artwork Helper looks for the fanart images (fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc.) in the Movie folder.
Hi @latts9923 ,
No idea where they came from then. However I've just restored a backup I had from a few days ago and everything is working fine now. Not sure what happened!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-10-30

Maybe it has something to do with how I've installed and uninstalled Kodi and the skin and my library more than once on this device (Amazon Firecube) Some files got left over and jumbled up or something. Puzzling.

I've also experienced the same way thing with extra artwork folders left by Artwork Downloader. My Library artwork was just a comp!ete mess until I went in and cleaned it up for 500 movies, yikes. Of course the other anomaly is that now they're all labeled properly and look exactly as they should in my Hard Drive Folder, according to the Kodi wiki. But when I go into Choose Art in for a movie, the categories are all kind of jumbled. Goes from Posters to Fanart to Key art, to Disc back to Posters to Fanart, etc.  Works fine, just looks wonky.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-10-30

More weirdness. I don't have Extrafanart folders for any of my movies. Yet the Extrafanart  still works. Back in the day I did use your skin with movies that had extrafanart folders. But I removed all of them and reinstalled your skin and yet the fanart still shows using that option. 🙃 TMDB Helper has an option to show Extra Fanart. When I enable it, then switch back to my Library, it switches to that and I can see all the pics.  I'll install the update later and see what happens.😛

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-10-31

UPDATE #29 - This will update the skin to v1.0.2.9

Image Additions
  • I added the country flag to Sets for the Video Info screen.
  • I created a new Colored Recordlabels add-on (v0.0.1 available in my repo) and added a button named "MUSIC RECORD LABEL" in SKIN SETTINGS > ICONS AND IMAGES to switch between white and colored icons. Most of the icons in the colored add-on are still white, but I am converting them as I have time.
  • I added GRP Records to the White and Colored Recordlabels. The White add-on update is available in my repo.
  • I added movie discart for Sets to List 3D and List 3D v2. Thanks to Mike413 for the request!

• I added a new button to the Top Menu named "SET INFORMATION:" for List 3D and List 3D v2. You have two options..."PLOT" and "TITLES".
  • I added a new background option to the main menu for Movies. If you go to SETTINGS > CUSTOMISE MAIN MENU and access your Movie settings, you will see a new button named BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE GRAB FANART SCRIPT. If you don't have the add-on installed, it will display ADD-ON REQUIRED: GRAB FANART SCRIPT. Selecting the button will initiate the add-on installation. When this is enabled, you will also see another button below it named DISABLE TITLES. By default, the Movie title will display at the top left of the screen. I saw this in Aeon Nox for Krypton, and I've wanted to add this for some time, but I couldn't get it to work correctly until now.

Image Bug fixes
  • I tweaked some Sets artwork and animations for the List 3D and List 3D v2 views.
  • The years for Movies in a Set were not displaying in List 3D.
  • The aspectratio of the flags for Countries content in the Right List view was not correct. I also fixed this for genres and add-ons icons. Thanks to Jumpy73 for reporting the bug!
  • The fanart from the last Movie/Set was persisting when navigating to Countries content and genres. Thanks to Jumpy73 for reporting the bug!
  • Some of the layouts for music viz were displaying the default discart on top of the alternate discart for albums with multiple discs.
  • The flag for "United States" was not displaying in the MOVIES-COUNTRIES submenu. I created a new flag with that name. Thanks to Jumpy73 for reporting the bug!
  • I resized all the MPAA icons to the same dimensions. Some of the icons were not displaying correctly for Video Info. Thanks to Jumpy73 for reporting the bug!
  • The Italy MPAA flag was displaying for the US flag if "Rated TV-..." was used as the MPAA rating in TV Shows.
  • I fixed a problem with the media cases persisting in the Coverflow view when "USE MEDIA CASE" was disabled. I also moved the watch flag to fit inside the poster when "USE MEDIA CASE" was disabled.
  • I fixed a problem with the Sets flags. If you reset the skin, the flags would not display correctly.

ImageMaintenance
  • I moved the resolution flag in front of the aspectratio flag for the Sets flags.

There is also an updated version of the Colored MPAA Icons add-on available on my repo.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-10-31

@latts9923 Before I apply this update just wanted to verify that the bug reported in post #1867 concerning displaying discart only if available is included in this update. Thanks.

@wags1
Yes, layout 7 will only display the blank CD as a fallback if "DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE" is selected.

@latts9923 Thanks! I figured it was in there but just wanted to make sure. Listening to music using layout 7 is my only Kodi use case anymore.

Honestly I think a skinnied down/locked down version of Kodi with your MQ8 Matrix mod and a few music vis layouts with maybe the Pandoki addon, and literally no other functions, would have interest to lots of folks. Sort of like a “Jukebox app”. I know lots of my friends and family that have seen it running at my parties want it…😁

@latts9923 Sorry to report that I don't get any discart at all now no matter what setting I use. And unfortunately reverting to the MusicVisualization.xml file from version 1.0.2.7 does not fix it this time. Could be due to all the other changes you made to support multiple discart? Thankfully I only updated one of my instances so the other is still working fine (updated to 1.0.2.8 but using the MusicVisulization.xml file from 1.0.2.7). Note that I have no multiple discart for any artists.

@wags1
Hmm...I know I tested this with all the music viz layouts when I updated the discart code. Does the discart display for any other layout?