Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-01

@wags1
@Chalklands
@Nickerw
You're welcome!

@Kodependent
Hmm...my weather info is displaying fine in the Main Menu. Are you sure your weather add-on is working correctly?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-01

@latts9923 Fixed. Thank you!!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Kodependent - 2022-11-01

(2022-11-01, 14:46)latts9923 Wrote: @wags1
@Chalklands
@Nickerw
You're welcome!

@Kodependent
Hmm...my weather info is displaying fine in the Main Menu. Are you sure your weather add-on is working correctly?
Guess I spoke too soon. Not sure what happened. I had restarted Kodi a couple of times when I noticed it and it was still missing. Today I looked at it again and it's back. Weird.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-11-02

@latts9923  I have a cron job set up to change skin themes on November 1st. When that cron job ran and changed the theme, all of my custom icons in the "List 3D" view no longer show. What setting in the settings file would effect the pictures or placeholders in the List 3D view?...Other views seem to be working fine, it's only the List 3D view.

If i look in the library node editor, the icons appear like they are using a dvd type case instead of a CD type square

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-02

@Kodependent
Glad it's working for you again. I have noticed at times that if KODI sits idle for a while, some items stop displaying until you close KODI and restart.

@Shredder_guitar
I'll have to look at the List 3D code and see what the difference is.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-02

Hello,
As I play music a lot in Kodi, I've been thinking about fanart for individual albums.
I came across this thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349174&page=2

How easy would it be to add something like that to the skin? When I say 'like that', I mean having fanart specific to an album when the album is playing, if that makes sense?

From reading the thread, it suggests changing the music viz xml to include this code:

<control type="image">
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
<texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(album.fanart)]</texture>
<visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
<texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
<visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image) + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart))</visible>
</control>

Now, I'm not asking anybody to spend any time on this by any means. I was just wondering how easy would this be for me to implement (If at all possible, seeing this thread is a couple of years old and things may have changed)? Bearing in mind that I'm not a skinner.

Maybe this function is already there?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-03

Ok, understand better now. Interesting. The problem is the availability of the images. I find that even some of the artists have few images that are found…

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-03

(2022-11-03, 00:43)wags1 Wrote: Ok, understand better now. Interesting. The problem is the availability of the images. I find that even some of the artists have few images that are found…
Yeah, it is interesting, but I suppose there is little interest, as if so, it would have already been done.
I'm just going through the process of collecting CD/Album sleeve/booklet art off of discogs etc and saving them locally. At the moment just for viewing/reading whilst playing particular albums. Some of them are very well done. For me, it would look good to see them automatically displayed as a slideshow when playing the album and give more of a rounded experience of playing an album. Just eye candy though.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-03

@Chalklands
I have the album art option working in music viz...it will be part of the next update. That's a cool option. I've been creating and uploading all the jewel case artwork to theaudiodb.com for my favorite jazz band Spyro Gyra so others can get access to it as well. I remember as a teenager when I would buy a new album of theirs I couldn't wait to read through the booklet that came with the CD. Now you've given me something else to occupy any free time I might have. Thanks a lot. Haha.

(2022-11-03, 13:03)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
I have the album art option working in music viz...it will be part of the next update. That's a cool option. I've been creating and uploading all the jewel case artwork to theaudiodb.com for my favorite jazz band Spyro Gyra so others can get access to it as well. I remember as a teenager when I would buy a new album of theirs I couldn't wait to read through the booklet that came with the CD. Now you've given me something else to occupy any free time I might have. Thanks a lot. Haha.
@latts9923 
Sorry for taking up your free time! Wow that would be amazing.
Some of the CD booklets are artworks in themselves with photos & info about the album/band etc. When I play my LPs and CDs I love flicking through the booklets at the same time. I think it's a missing link between physical media and electronic media. Covers, discart and band info info are already there. The booklet artwork is the missing piece in the whole caboodle I think.

Looking forward to the next release!

Thank you

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Lehmden - 2022-11-03

(2022-09-24, 13:32)latts9923 Wrote: I just tested the export and import skin settings buttons, and I see the same result as you. This is not working correctly.

UPDATE: I just opened the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup add-on and ran a create backup, then restored the backup and it works. I'll look at the skin code.

Hi.
Any news on this issue? I updated to the most recent version of MQ8 but backup/restore still is not working. By the way, the same issue exists in MQ7...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-03

@Chalklands LOL, you are way more ambitious than I am...if images and art don't get grabbed automagically I don't see them. Although truth be told I have grabbed some fanart for a few artists that come up frequently on some of my Pandora (I use the Pandoki addon) channels when I get tired of seeing the same single background over and over...LOL.

Me again,
Can somebody enlighten me please - What is the difference between Aeon MQ 8 and Aeon MQ 8 Multi Mod?

(2022-11-03, 15:47)wags1 Wrote: @Chalklands LOL, you are way more ambitious than I am...if images and art don't get grabbed automagically I don't see them. Although truth be told I have grabbed some fanart for a few artists that come up frequently on some of my Pandora (I use the Pandoki addon) channels when I get tired of seeing the same single background over and over...LOL.

Haha. To be honest I just manually download stuff for my favourite artists at the moment or when I see images I don't like I'll replace them with something different. We can't get Pandora in the UK.

(2022-11-01, 00:01)latts9923 Wrote: @wags1
@Chalklands
@Nickerw
OK...I have a new fix for the discart when "IF AVAILABLE" is selected. I guess I only tested that with the multi-disc songs. My bad!

Also, @Nickerw...I reproduced a fanart problem when "EXTRAFANART" was enabled for the Music art and "SLIDESHOW" was enabled for music viz.

Download this zip file and copy the xml files.

I also need some beta testing...if you don't mind. I included new xml in the zip for the Showcase view for Movies. I added code to hide the "OPEN CASE" and "OPEN SET AS BOXCASE" buttons if "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled. I also added some code for the Sets to have the Movie discart roll in from the right one at a time if you have "OPEN CASE" enabled and disable "OPEN SET AS BOXCASE". Can you please verify that this works for you as well? Thanks!
Hi,
Just noticed that when using the Radio Addon no disk background showing in the music viz  (Layout 4). it is completely transparent so you just get text/logo spinning. Not major, but thought I'd mention it.