Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-03

@Chalklands
The Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod is just for the original Leia version of MQ 8.

I've never tried a Radio add-on in music viz. I'll take a look.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Nickerw - 2022-11-03

@latts9923 
@Chalklands 
In layout 3 it is working, I use the radio add-on.
Greetz
Klaus

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-03

(2022-11-03, 20:26)Nickerw Wrote: @latts9923 
@Chalklands 
In layout 3 it is working, I use the radio add-on.
Greetz
Klaus
Just had another look.
In layout 4, it shows a disc sometimes depending if 'Disc Art - Always Visible' or 'Disc Art - If Available' is selected.
The issue I mentioned occurs if 'If Available' is selected.
If 'Always Visible' is selected it seems to work.
It may be caused by the addon not the skin I suppose. No biggie either way.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-03

@Chalklands if you are using Artist Slideshow (slideshow as background image setting in the visualization settings) it is possible that the Radio addon isn’t supplying the correct song tags. Pandoki does but I’ve never tried Radio. It is a bit trickier to get everything setup correctly when using streaming music.

One way to test that is to make sure you have a fallback setup within the Artist Slideshow addon config and have it populated with some images. Than if no images are found for an artist or if the tags are wrong the fallback should kick in and those images should be displayed.

(2022-11-03, 21:23)wags1 Wrote: @Chalklands if you are using Artist Slideshow (slideshow as background image setting in the visualization settings) it is possible that the Radio addon isn’t supplying the correct song tags. Pandoki does but I’ve never tried Radio. It is a bit trickier to get everything setup correctly when using streaming music.

One way to test that is to make sure you have a fallback setup within the Artist Slideshow addon config and have it populated with some images. Than if no images are found for an artist or if the tags are wrong the fallback should kick in and those images should be displayed.
Hi, @wags1 Thanks for your reply.
I think the fanart etc is OK, it's just the discart where the issue is, depending if you select 'Disc Art - Always Visible' or 'Disc Art - If Available'. I think it is 'Disc Art - Always Visible' where the issue is. I think this is impacting locally stored music as well, but I need to do some more testing.

(2022-11-03, 20:14)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
The Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod is just for the original Leia version of MQ 8.

I've never tried a Radio add-on in music viz. I'll take a look.

Thanks @latts9923.
I've just been playing some locally stored music and I think the issue is with the 'Disc Art - Always Visible' or 'Disc Art - If Available' settings.
'Disc Art - If Available'  - Shows discart if saved locally, if not it shows a totally transparent disc with just the logo etc spinning.
'Disc Art - Always Visible'- Shows a 'blank' CD-R disc all the time, ignoring any saved discart.

I'm using layout 4.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-04

@Chalklands Gotcha, sorry I misunderstood. I’ve really never used Layout 4. I’ve customized my Layout 7 so that’s what I use…

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-04

@Shredder_guitar
I fixed the node icons displaying the wrong dimensions when Library Node Editor is open. I've never messed with these music nodes much. How do you get them to display in List 3D?

@Lehmden
I am still unable to get the buttons in the skins to operate correctly in Matrix. You can manually do this for both skins by opening the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup add-on and create a backup. You can restore via the add-on as well.

@Chalklands
You can try the album fanart before the next update if you'd like. Open MusicVisualisation.xml and find this at the top of the file...
xml:

<!-- Fanart -->
<control type="image">
<include>backgroundspecs_single</include>
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg" background="true">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(fanart_image)]</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="50" time="400" condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)">Conditional</animation>
<visible>[String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra) + [String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5043)) | String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5044))] | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaic) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix)] + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5046)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5047)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5048)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5049)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5050)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5051))</visible>
</control>

Replace that with this...

xml:

<!-- Fanart -->
<control type="image">
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(album.fanart)]</texture>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="50" time="400" condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)">Conditional</animation>
<visible>[String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra) + [String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5043)) | String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5044))] | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaic) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix)] + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5046)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5047)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5048)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5049)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5050)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5051))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg" background="true">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(fanart_image)]</texture>
<visible>[String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart)) | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra) + [String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5043)) | String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5044))] + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart)) | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaic) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix)] + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5046)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5047)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5048)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5049)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5050)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5051)) + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart))</visible>
</control>

I tested the Radio add-on with layout 4 of music viz. The rotating artist text should only display with the blank CD if "DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE" and "LOGO IN CD" are both enabled and the artist clearlogo image is missing. I have a fix for that in the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-11-04

@latts9923  Use Library Node editor and make a new music or video library node and press 'C' and you can set a custom icon for the node. Regarding displaying in List 3D, they were displaying for me up until the cron job ran....I was suspecting that it had something to do with the displaying dimensions as larger in the node editor explaining why the icons weren't showing in the list 3D view. After my skin theme changed the List 3D view is just a blank screen for me now. What did you do to fix it?

*update* Jesus dude, I am SO sorry. I was looking at the wrong view, i normally use Poster view, not List 3D view. It's all working fine, disregard this. I am massively overworked, I apologize.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Lehmden - 2022-11-04

Hi.
(2022-11-04, 02:48)latts9923 Wrote: I am still unable to get the buttons in the skins to operate correctly in Matrix. You can manually do this for both skins by opening the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup add-on and create a backup. You can restore via the add-on as well.
Thanks, I will try that today.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-04

(2022-11-04, 02:48)latts9923 Wrote: @Shredder_guitar
I fixed the node icons displaying the wrong dimensions when Library Node Editor is open. I've never messed with these music nodes much. How do you get them to display in List 3D?

@Lehmden
I am still unable to get the buttons in the skins to operate correctly in Matrix. You can manually do this for both skins by opening the Skin Helper Service Skin Backup add-on and create a backup. You can restore via the add-on as well.

@Chalklands
You can try the album fanart before the next update if you'd like. Open MusicVisualisation.xml and find this at the top of the file...
xml:

<!-- Fanart -->
<control type="image">
</control>

Replace that with this...

xml:

<!-- Fanart -->
<control type="image">
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(album.fanart)]</texture>
</control>
<control type="image">
<visible>[String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart)) | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanart) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix)] + String.Contains(skin.string(musicfanart),extra) + [String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5043)) | String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5044))] + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart)) | [String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaic) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix)] + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5046)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5047)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5048)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5049)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5050)) + String.IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5051)) + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart))</visible>
</control>

I tested the Radio add-on with layout 4 of music viz. The rotating artist text should only display with the blank CD if "DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE" and "LOGO IN CD" are both enabled and the artist clearlogo image is missing. I have a fix for that in the next update. Thanks for letting me know!
Hi @latts9923 
Just had a play. I've changed the music viz xml but album art not displaying. I assume I put a fanart image in the album directory. What do I call it? albumfanart, musicfanart or something else? Do I also need to add an art type via Information/Choose art? Sorry for the numpty questions!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Lehmden - 2022-11-04

Hi latts9923 
The way with direct usage of Skin Helper backup is working as expected, thanks. So no need to rush anything here.

But I would like to have another option for MQ8... I have tons of images, nearly all have Exif information. And many of them also have GPS coordinates too. Is there a way to show at least the basic exif information as it s possible in e.g. Estuary?

So this seems to be possible in Kodi for sure. I would love to have those data displayed in MQ8 too...

But I don't know if any addon can show the GPS data of the images. 
It would be cool, if I can see a map with the position of the photo displayed, like it is in e.g. XNView:

I know, images are not something with high priority, but nevertheless it is an important part of Kodi, at least important to me.

@Chalklands
Save the image as fanart.jpg in the album directory and yes, apply it to the album via Video Info > Choose Art.

@Lehmden
You can see the Exif info for images by opening the context menu and selecting Information.

I've seen that other skins have implemented map controls for images. I'll take a look and see if it can be included in the skin.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-04

@latts9923 
Hi, tried what you said but mixed results.
Here are  couple of screenshots.
1. Full screen - Still cycling through the artist slideshow as previously, not showing any of the album fanart:

2. If I press back from the screen above the album fanart is showing & rotating through fanart, fanart1 etc:

Not sure how to get the album fanart on screen 1? Or if that is possible.

Sorry for all the questions!

@Chalklands
No worries...I haven't added support for multiple album fanart images yet...just for the default fanart.jpg. You'll have to set the music viz fanart to default fanart for now.