Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-04

(2022-11-04, 17:06)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
No worries...I haven't added support for multiple album fanart images yet...just for the default fanart.jpg. You'll have to set the music viz fanart to default fanart for now.

Ah, OK. No problem. Thank you! It's looking good anyway.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-04

@latts9923

So I'd been having an issue with not seeing any of my library posters in other views after I'd enabled Character Art in right list view. I updated to 28.9 and played around a bit.Still no joy. đŸ˜• Except there were a dozen or so I COULD see.

So then I installed the skin and added my library on a totally different device. Same thing. I could see my main poster in all views no problem. But as soon as I clicked Character Art, then I couldn't see posters in any views other than Right List and  Kodiflix. So I thought it must be a problem with one or more of my files But I tried a couple other Aeon skins and I *could see* them. They cycled through all my posters just fine...

So I looked closer at the files themselves. The only movies I could see posters for in all views on MQ8 were ones that just had one poster. Just Poster.jpg. No Poster1 Poster2 etc. So I added more posters to a couple files, reloaded the skin, Enabled Character Art in Right List, switched to Posterlite and PosterList  views and bam. They were gone. I couldn't see them in those views, after adding a second poster, when I had seen them before,

I'm at a loss. They show in other skins, so I don't know what to do.đŸ˜– Any ideas?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-05

@RCBodyslam
I think I figured out the problem. Do you have "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" disabled in the Top Menu?

@Lehmden
I got the Maps Browser & Maps Browser - Show location add-ons to work with Matrix, and they will display the geo location of your images (if they are geotagged) in Google Maps.

1. Install the Maps Browser add-on from my repo.
2. Install the Maps Browser - Show location add-on from my repo.
3. Open KODI and navigate to a geotagged image. Open the context menu and select "SHOW LOCATION IN MAPS BROWSER".
4. Some of the map controls work and some do not (some of the "Places" functions , the "Search" and "Street view" button).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-05

(2022-11-05, 01:57)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
I think I figured out the problem. Do you have "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" disabled in the Top Menu?
YES! That was it. I did have it disabled because I thought it was just to show animated gif posters. Once I switched it on then went to other views I could see my posters again. Awesome! That did the trick. Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it.đŸ™‚

@RCBodyslam
You're welcome! That button does control the display of animated posters, but the poster code ties it to the "CASE ART" setting as well when "CHARACTER ART POSTER" is selected.

I have a fix for posters failing to display when "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" is disabled. It will be part of the next update.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Holzfred - 2022-11-05

Hi Latts,

one question.. Is it possible to change the font for the text in the disk in music view 4 or maybe the disk self? I play with the fonts in media, but this take no effect... 

Thanks for answer... Anyway... you make the best skin ever for me...

Uwe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-05

Quick question about discart.
Is there an easy way of changing the size of the default centre cutaway in a disc when playing fullscreen, or when viewing the disc anywhere else for that matter in the skin? For Vinyl LP discart  you get a hole which is significantly cutting out the center label I suppose because it assumes it's a CD image with a larger centre hole.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-05

(2022-11-05, 12:36)latts9923 Wrote: @RCBodyslam
You're welcome! That button does control the display of animated posters, but the poster code ties it to the "CASE ART" setting as well when "CHARACTER ART POSTER" is selected.

I have a fix for posters failing to display when "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" is disabled. It will be part of the next update.
Cool. Thanks again. I'm glad it was something so simple as a button click.

I also had a question about the music viz. In View 5 and 3-D, if an artist doesn't have a clearlogo, then it just shows their name in text floating to the top of the screen. I'm running Kodi on 3 different devices and none of them allow me root access to edit XML files so can't copy and paste anything.  Sad (Amazon Firecube, Sony Bravia tv and XBox One, lol) 

Could a fix for this be included in the next update along with the one for the missing disc art?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-06

@Holzfred
Sure, you can change the disc image and font for layout 4. Open MusicVisualisation.xml and go to line 1001 (might be different for you since I've recently added code to the file). Look for cd-blank.png...you can change this to whatever image you'd like. For the font, open Font.xml and find "fontCDartist". The font used for that is PermanentMarker.ttf. You can also change that to whatever TrueType font you'd like.

@Chalklands
I've removed the diffuse image that created the transparent hole in the center for all styles in music viz. Now the entire LP image (if available) is displayed. I did the same for the views.

@RCBodyslam
You're welcome! I removed the artist text at the top if the clearlogo is missing from layout 5. The artist text does not display in layout 3D.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-06

(2022-11-06, 01:54)latts9923 Wrote: @Holzfred
Sure, you can change the disc image and font for layout 4. Open MusicVisualisation.xml and go to line 1001 (might be different for you since I've recently added code to the file). Look for cd-blank.png...you can change this to whatever image you'd like. For the font, open Font.xml and find "fontCDartist". The font used for that is PermanentMarker.ttf. You can also change that to whatever TrueType font you'd like.

@Chalklands
I've removed the diffuse image that created the transparent hole in the center for all styles in music viz. Now the entire LP image (if available) is displayed. I did the same for the views.

@RCBodyslam
You're welcome! I removed the artist text at the top if the clearlogo is missing from layout 5. The artist text does not display in layout 3D.
Gosh, thank you @latts9923, really appreciated.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-06

@latts9923 and Team.

Found an issue today after the recent "music visualisation" updates.

I have not changed settings for over 1 year, but all of a sudden (presuming last update, but maybe 1 or 2 updates prior - I havent played any music recently), the Slideshow+Viewing (on any visualisation, like 3 or 7) seems to throw in the image of the Record player from the main menu background for Music as the transition occurs.

This Slideshow used to work perfectly, transitioning between the fant art without the "Music Menu Background" displaying.

Now, when transitioning through the fanart, that Record Player image is transposed over the tranistion between the each artwork for the song currently being played.

I changed to Slideshow only and still have the same issue.

I tried to grab an image, but it is very quick.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-06

(2022-11-06, 09:42)Chalklands Wrote:
(2022-11-06, 01:54)latts9923 Wrote: @Holzfred

@Chalklands

@RCBodyslam
Gosh, thank you @latts9923, really appreciated.
As well as collecting album booklet scans etc I've also started adding discart to a generic vinyl png for my favourite albums:

So this really finishes everything off nicely. Not for everybody I suppose, but it keeps me happy!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-06

@RB0135
I have tried both "SLIDESHOW" and "SLIDESHOW + VIEWING" but so far I am unable to reproduce the problem you've described. Is anyone else seeing this same behavior?

@Chalklands
You're welcome! Very nice...a Genesis fan I see. They are a favorite of mine as well. Have you ever heard Feeding the Fire? It was an unreleased track from Invisible Touch. This might be my favorite song of theirs...and perhaps Phil's strongest vocals ever!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-06

@RB0135 @latts9923 RB0135 - Check your Artist Slideshow addon settings and make sure you have "Fade to Black During Change in Artists" set to on.