Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-06

@latts9923 
They're a band I grew up with. First band I ever saw in 1980 and last saw them last year!
Yes, that's a great track. My favs are either Afterglow or 'Open Door' (B side of Duchess  single).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-06

Hi,
I've got the addons: Recordlabel Icons  - Coloured and Recordlabel Icons - White installed and enabled. What do they actually do and do I need them?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-06

(2022-11-06, 14:26)wags1 Wrote: @RB0135 @latts9923 RB0135 - Check your Artist Slideshow addon settings and make sure you have "Fade to Black During Change in Artists" set to on.

Thanks @wags1 I will check that, but the issue I am seeing is with the same Artist and different artwork for them... mmmm.. I think I do recall it doing the same thing when changing artists. As mentioned though, this has never occurred for atleast a year as I have had the same settings.

I'll report back when I can check (later today).

Much appreciated for the suggestion.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-06

@latts9923 @wags1 

Ok, further to the post, Wags1, the option was already turned on "Fade to Black". I turned it off and saved the settings, then turned it back on, just incase the setting had become corrupted. However, I have verified it does not fade to black on Artist change. It fades to the Record Player (default Music Menu Background) instead.

I have managed to capture some images:

This image is when using Artist And Viewing, or SlideShow And Viewing. The Record Player image is always present when the whole song is being played.

This image is when using Artist or Slideshow only. You can see the transition between the same Artist Fanart, with the Record Player image (so 3 images at the transition time). Once transition is fully completed, the Record Player image is not there.

If it helps, these are my settings:
Main Menu I have Extra Fanart on

Visualisation Menu (options turned ON):
Show Furniture
Hide Furniture when OSD is Visible
Layout 7
Hide Rating Stars

Layout 6&7 Options:
Allbums, Banner, Enable Animations ON

Disc Art - if available (found another issue here.. The discart is never shown. I have discart for all music, AND, it used to work perfectly prior to one of the recent updates)

Background Image:
Artist Fanart
Slideshow

If I try Mosaic or Viewing, the background only shows Record player image only.

Im wondering now if it is an Artist Slideshow add-on issue. I havent checked if that was updated recently or not.

Thanks.... Rob

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-07

@Chalklands
If you have record labels assigned to your albums, these add-ons will display the logo of the record label in the bottom left. This does not display for all the views yet...you can test it with the Right List view.

@RB0135
I'm running Artist Slideshow v3.3.2, and I don't see any difference when "FADE TO BLACK" is enabled or disabled. I have a fix for the discart not displaying when "IF AVAILABLE" is enabled. It will be part of the next update.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-07

@RB0135 That is a strange one. I don’t see that issue when using Layout 7. I am using Artist Slideshow 3.3.2.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-07

(2022-11-07, 05:42)wags1 Wrote: @RB0135 That is a strange one. I don’t see that issue when using Layout 7. I am using Artist Slideshow 3.3.2.

@wags1 @latts9923 To confirm, Im using Artwork Slideshow 3.3.2 as well. Mod Version Build 1.0.2.9. As mentioned, this only occured say in one of the last 2-3 minor updates. It was perfect before then (say a month or so ago). It is a shame I dint take much notice of when it started like this.

It is strange that any of the visualisation Layouts (I normally use #3) it shows the same situation... 

It does point to Artwork Slideshow, but the version 3.3.2 seems to have came out on August 18, 2021.. My system has been fine way after that date....

I'll keep playing/searching... Maybe something will pop up (or just fix itself like things do).

Thanks...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-07

@latts9923 

Here is another weird image.

So, this never happened.... The image shows some fanart that is not full screen, yet, rather than the black background on the right/left side, I get the "cached" Record Player Image.

Is there a cache file that might be stuffing up somewhere, where it thinks a default black background is the record player image?

Thanks,
Rob

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-07

@RB0135
Look in SKIN SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS. Is "KEEP BACKGROUND'S ASPECT RATIO" enabled? If so, disable that button and try that song again.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-07

@RB0135 I always apply Latts's latest updates and have not seen any issue like that on either of my two instances that I run on two different Nvidia Shields. It is strange indeed. Have you tried clearing cache, deleting simplecache, forcing stop and restarting? Also maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling Artist Slideshow?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-07

(2022-11-07, 13:47)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
Look in SKIN SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS. Is "KEEP BACKGROUND'S ASPECT RATIO" enabled? If so, disable that button and try that song again.
@latts9923 
Funnily enough, I was after the exact same thing but the other way round today! Great timing!!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-08

(2022-11-07, 13:47)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135

Thanks @latts9923 BUT I don't care about the aspect ratio. This post was to show that whatever update has occurred over the last month to the musicvisualisation.xml, has broken something I have not had an issue with previously for over a year of settings not being changed, and that is the Black Background is not Black now, it is now using the Menu Image as a background.

I spoke with Artist Slideshow people and they state that it is the Skin that is causing it, not Artist Slideshow.

I suppose it's going to be the "it's not us its them" scenario.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-08

(2022-11-07, 15:24)wags1 Wrote: @RB0135 I always apply Latts's latest updates and have not seen any issue like that on either of my two instances that I run on two different Nvidia Shields. It is strange indeed. Have you tried clearing cache, deleting simplecache, forcing stop and restarting? Also maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling Artist Slideshow?
I have now tried it on a 3rd system that never had Kodi or the Mod, and it is occurring on that as well now, so that is 3 systems (not Nvidia Shields. One Ubuntu Linux and two Windows 11 boxes).

I don't keep the system running, it is turned off when not in use, so that is pretty much a force stop and start :-)

Cache/simplecache clearing is the next thing... Just finding time to spend on something I shouldn't have to is the key here.

Thanks.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-08

@RB0135
Can you upload a copy of your skin's settings.xml file via Google Drive (or something similar) so I can try it on my system? I have to be able to reproduce this problem before I can fix it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-08

(2022-11-06, 01:54)latts9923 Wrote: @Holzfred
Sure, you can change the disc image and font for layout 4. Open MusicVisualisation.xml and go to line 1001 (might be different for you since I've recently added code to the file). Look for cd-blank.png...you can change this to whatever image you'd like. For the font, open Font.xml and find "fontCDartist". The font used for that is PermanentMarker.ttf. You can also change that to whatever TrueType font you'd like.

@Chalklands
I've removed the diffuse image that created the transparent hole in the center for all styles in music viz. Now the entire LP image (if available) is displayed. I did the same for the views.

@RCBodyslam
You're welcome! I removed the artist text at the top if the clearlogo is missing from layout 5. The artist text does not display in layout 3D.
Looks good! With the changes and fixes the skin keeps getting better and better! 👍