Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-13

@latts9923 Thanks for the latest. Great update as usual! I have a request for your consideration - 

The only two customizations I make anymore in the MusicVusualization.xml file is to delete the sections in Layout 7 that display the channel number and codec. Would it be possible for inclusion in a future update to add a switch to turn those two display elements off, much like you did with the star ratings? Thanks.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-11-13

@Chalklands  I'm using layout 7
@latts9923  yep, that fixed it, thanks for the workaround and all that you do to make this skin friggin awesome

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-13

(2022-11-13, 15:11)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
1) With the latest update, I see the default music background if I play a song that has no extrafanart folder for the Artist. If I then select another song that does, I see the extrafanart images.
2) You're running KODI on an Nvidia Shield correct? I know there's quite a few that have reported odd behavior with KODI after the latest OS update. I need to find a used one just so I can see this behavior.

@latts9923 - Thanks for your reply. But, Im not sure you are replying to my issues I have posted.

1) The update you mentioned to me (as per message I quoted) as stated, if there is no fanart, then the black bakground is displayedvand then no other fanart images are shown for any song afterwards, even though each song/artist/album might have 10-15 images. The only way to get the "slideshow" to work is to restart Kodi. This is using the Top Menu - Extra Fanart option (as per previous issues you looked at). I have not tired with the update you posted here yesterday (1.0.3.0). Autoupdate of AddOns in Kodi doesnt seem to be instant.
2) No, I have never said I have an Nvidia Shield. I have 2 dedicated MediaCentre PC's, one running Ubuntu and one running Windows 11. I also have another Windows 11 that I test on.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-14

(2022-11-13, 15:11)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
I haven't tested the skin with KODI v20 yet, but I will start very soon.

@Chalklands
Haha...you're welcome!

I don't see an image for #2, but I think I know which screen you're talking about.

1) By default, the fullscreen player will display fanart images in the extrafanart subfolder of the Artist (if available) if "EXTRA FANART" is enabled for the Music art. I see the fanart images in the extrafanart subfolder that I created in the album folder for just the songs of that album. You should see the fanart in the album's extrafanart folder...not sure why you don't.
2) I didn't see a screenshot for this, but I know what screen you are on. If "EXTRA FANART" is enabled, you should see fanart images in the extrafanart subfolder of the Artist (if available). The "ARTWORK HELPER FANART" setting displays fanart images in the album folder, not the extrafanart folder.
3) This player control screen is displayed in the Main Menu after about 8 seconds of the song playing. By default, the main menu should display the default fanart of the Artist. You can manually change the song's fanart image from the info screen if you want to display a certain album fanart image instead. If you manually change the default fanart image for the song, it will also display in screen #2 for the song instead of the default fanart if "DEFAULT FANART" is enabled.

I'm sure that's all clear as mud...haha.

@Shredder_guitar
@RCBodyslam
@Chalklands
I didn't think about that change affecting discart that still has a background in the image. I will create a new button that lets you enable/disable this feature. For now, you can fix this by opening MusicVisualisation.xml and do a find and replace for "-cdart_diffuse.png". Replace that with "cdart_diffuse.png".

@RB0135
1) With the latest update, I see the default music background if I play a song that has no extrafanart folder for the Artist. If I then select another song that does, I see the extrafanart images.
2) You're running KODI on an Nvidia Shield correct? I know there's quite a few that have reported odd behavior with KODI after the latest OS update. I need to find a used one just so I can see this behavior.

@Holzfred
Make sure you name your images discart.png. I'm going to update the code for the music viz layouts so that the discart (if available) will always display when "DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE" is enabled...whether "LOGO IN CD" is enabled or not.
Hi @latts9923, got the extrafanart working in fullscreen. It looks absolutely amazing! Thank you. I still need to look at the 'track listing' screen, but that's for another day!! Thanks again.

Pete

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-14

(2022-11-13, 15:40)wags1 Wrote: @latts9923 Thanks for the latest. Great update as usual! I have a request for your consideration - 

The only two customizations I make anymore in the MusicVusualization.xml file is to delete the sections in Layout 7 that display the channel number and codec. Would it be possible for inclusion in a future update to add a switch to turn those two display elements off, much like you did with the star ratings? Thanks.
Hi @wags1, how did/do you turn off the star ratings?

Thanks

Pete

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-14

@RCBodyslam
I have a fix for the square choo choo wheels. Haha. It will be part of the next update.

@wags1
Thanks...and you're welcome! Sure, I can create a new button in the music viz settings that will be visible when layout 7 is selected and will let you enable/disable the channel number and codec. The record label icon will also display (if available). Do you want to hide that as well?

@Shredder_guitar
Haha. You're welcome...and thanks for the kind words! I have a fix for this ready to go in the next update.

@RB0135
1) Ah...OK. I'll wait to see if this problem goes away when you install the latest update.
2) OK...wow. I don't have Ubuntu or Windows 11 installed, but I have never seen this behavior with Windows 10.

@Chalklands
Glad you got it working! And you're welcome!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-14

@latts9923 I would just like a button that would enable/disable the channel number and codec. I like the record label icon display. Just by way of explanation, the reason I prefer not to see the channel number and codec is that it is almost always exactly the same for the music I listen to. The record label icon always changes and I like to see the label associated with the song that is playing. Thanks for this!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-14

(2022-11-14, 00:26)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
1) Ah...OK. I'll wait to see if this problem goes away when you install the latest update.
2) OK...wow. I don't have Ubuntu or Windows 11 installed, but I have never seen this behavior with Windows 10.

Hi @latts9923 - I can now confirm, even with the latest update, there are still some "funnies" occuring (both ubuntu and Win 11 boxes), and mainly, it seems the Slideshow switches "off" out of the blue if there is no fanart images, not all the time, but at any random one time (tried it with Top Menu set to Extra Fan Art and Artwork Helper Fanart). It never recovers when the next song starts. If I went into the Music Visualisation settings and switched from say Artist Slideshow to Slideshow, then it magically started displaying the background images again. I even removed ALL my fanart (as it has been collected over the years) and allowed Artist Slideshow addon to download any artwork on each song change but at a random time, same situation.

Im doing some more testing to see if I can narrow the issue down (as I thought it might have been my artwork collected over the years, but it seems it wasnt that).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-14

Ive had this issue (Ive had this for a while but couldnt be bothered asking about it until now), but in Visualisation #3, I always get the Artist Text and the Artist Logo/Clear logo shown at the same time (see image). In Visualisation #7, I don't get the same thing happening, but in #7, only the text is shown and not the logo.

Is this just simply a switch I have turned on/off, or is there possibly another reason?

Thanks..

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-14

@latts9923
The work you put into constantly maintaining and improving the best Kodi skin is greatly appreciated. Many thanks. 🙂

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Holzfred - 2022-11-14

@latts9923 

Hello Latts,

all my discs ar stored in the folder for pictures with discart.png

The view is like follow...

https://ibb.co/PgKJbNs    This is a picture in the moment after skip to the next...
https://ibb.co/qgrKKhF
https://ibb.co/Xx86QjF 

All the best

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-14

@Chalklands Their is a button/switch to turn it off/on in the visualization window settings (Top Menu, Art, Settings (visualization window)). That button/switch is there for Layout 6 and 7.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-15

@wags1
You got it. I added a new button to the music viz settings that lets you enable/disable the channel and codec for layout 7.

@RB0135
So if you have "SLIDESHOW" enabled as the music viz background it disables itself during playback?

I scrubbed the code for all the layouts in music viz that display the artist logo. They will now only display the artist logo (if it's available) or the artist as text if the logo is missing. This will be part of the next update.

@RCBodyslam
You're welcome!

@Holzfred
I found a problem with the "LOGO IN CD" button. If it is enabled it will display the blank CD whether you have disc art available or not. Try turning that off and see if your disc art displays.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-15

@latts9923 Thank you, much appreciated!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-15

Evening Chaps,
Doubt if anybody is interested, but just playing around with Music Viz after the latest update that @latts9923 completed. I think it looks pretty spiffing! Great work @latts9923!

Music Viz

I'm using the 3d view at the moment.
Note, I didn't record any sound because of copyright etc, so it's just eye candy.

NB I have a lot more artists in my library then Genesis, they are just the test subject. Over all very pleased with what you can do with it.