Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-15

@Chalklands
Looking good!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-16

(2022-11-15, 20:31)Chalklands Wrote: Evening Chaps,
Doubt if anybody is interested, but just playing around with Music Viz after the latest update that @latts9923 completed. I think it looks pretty spiffing! Great work @latts9923!

Music Viz

I'm using the 3d view at the moment.
Note, I didn't record any sound because of copyright etc, so it's just eye candy.

NB I have a lot more artists in my library then Genesis, they are just the test subject. Over all very pleased with what you can do with it.
I think it looks pretty cool . Good work by both of you.👍

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-11-16

@Chalklands Very Cool dude!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-16

(2022-11-15, 01:21)latts9923 Wrote:  

@RB0135
So if you have "SLIDESHOW" enabled as the music viz background it disables itself during playback?

I scrubbed the code for all the layouts in music viz that display the artist logo. They will now only display the artist logo (if it's available) or the artist as text if the logo is missing. This will be part of the next update.

Hi @latts9923 - Thanks.

Correct after a few songs, it seems to disable itself or gets stuck (on the black screen) and cant load/show images. I do get just the black screen (and I know I have artwork to show)... However, today, I was able to get through a lot of songs then it seem to disable. I stopped the song, then went back to the main menu. I noticed the weather icons were not showing, then I realised on Movies and TVShows, there were no "Recent" covers showing, just the spinning wait image for all of them. I tried to restart Kodi and it hung... As mentioned, I have had the same settings for a year and never experienced this.

Something more interesting... I usually couldnt get through 5 or so songs (from a playlist of assorted music) and Kodi would bomb out (this is more annoying than no fanart being shown). This issue also has only happened in the last month. After searching for ideas over the last few weeks, I found something from the Kodi Forum from 2006 and 2014 (See links - 2014). Those posts have the exact same problem I have with Kodi hanging (both on Linux and Windows). Apparently the bug was fixed all those years ago, but I have (had) the exact issue. The song starts and Kodi freezes or bombs out. The fix was to enable/turn on crossfade, even if it was for 1 sec. Well, you wont believe it, but mine was off (always has been) so I turned it on for 1 sec. I was able to play 58 songs and not once did Kodi bomb out....

Until the 59th song and the Slideshow stopped... This was on the Linux box. My Windows 11 box had the same issue, turned on the Crossfade and set to 1 sec... Not a problem at all (only tested 10 songs). 

Forum Links:
XMBC Crashes when switching songs

Crash on next music track

Just need to know why the freeze of the Slideshow... Would love to be able to solve that for you, but pretty hard to debug being Python (give me C, C++ anyday)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-16

Hi @latts9923 
Hope your week is going OK?

More requests/questions I'm afraid. No hurry for a reply to any of these, I'm sure you're busy enough.

1. I'm using the 3D music viz view. Is there anyway of adjusting it as follows:
     1. Date/Time/Weather - Is there any way of stopping this showing?
     2. Is it possible to hide the star ratings at the bottom of the screen and the Flac/Genre/kbps etc line below and maybe move the time elapsed line down to replace it?
     3. When playing a track the next playing track shows the album cover, bottom right. However when there are no tracks left to play, it shows a music cleft/note in a black box. Can this be changed to show nothing, if you know what I mean?
     4. Also, Is it possible to add an option to turn off the media case in this view?

2. This is a general question and probably down to my ignorance re image size.
On the shelf 3D v2 view. I've replaced the generic artist fanart with album fanart. However it is cutting off the image left and right (See below). Is that due to image dimensions? I've tried resizing the fanart to match the dimensions of the generic fanart to no avail. This may be my lack of understanding re image sizing etc. Just wondered if you had any idea?

Sorry for all the questions!

Pete

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-11-17

@latts9923  I think there's perhaps a bug in the Movies sub-menu >"in-progress" widget. If i navigate into that widget menu i can see 20 random movies that are in progress...all fine there. However, when i select back, instead of backing out of the menu, instead it refreshes to 20 different random in-progress movies; selecting "back" a third time takes me to a list of playlists that the library data editor plugin is using to parse the movie lists, I would expect selecting back once from the 20 movies displayed list would navigate back to the main menu screen, is this intended? 
"Unwatched" has a similar behavior as well, the rest of the menus seem fine.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-17

@RB0135
OK...I'll run through a bunch of songs and see if I can reproduce this. I have never enabled the crossfade setting, but then again I've never played a ton of music at one time with KODI. Are you letting these songs play all the way through, or are you manually skipping to the next song?

@Chalklands
Doing well thanks...how about yourself?

3D layout...
1. I can add a button to disable that.
2. I can include the 3D layout in the "HIDE RATING STARS" button in the music viz settings. It's currently tied to layouts 6 & 7.
3. I'll take a look.
4. I can add a button to disable the media case. Do you still want to see the album cover and disc art?

I can alter the code for that fanart window in Shelf 3D & Shelf 3D v2 to use the "KEEP BACKGROUND'S ASPECT RATIO" button in Skin Settings so that the album art images display correctly.

@Shredder_guitar
Hmm...when I select back I see no change. I can select up and it returns to Movies in the main menu.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-11-17

@latts9923  "Back" meaning "Backspace" on the keyboard. i made a quick video of what i'm experiencing, navigating into the menu is fine, but every time you see the screen change is when i press backspace on the keyboard

https://youtu.be/_5YdCoBS7bA

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-17

(2022-11-17, 14:31)latts9923 Wrote: 4. I can add a button to disable the media case. Do you still want to see the album cover and disc art?
Hi @latts9923 , yes please.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-17

(2022-11-17, 14:31)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
OK...I'll run through a bunch of songs and see if I can reproduce this. I have never enabled the crossfade setting, but then again I've never played a ton of music at one time with KODI. Are you letting these songs play all the way through, or are you manually skipping to the next song?

HI @latts9923 - I skip through the songs within a few to 30 seconds to find the one Im interested in at the time from the playlist. It is random when crashes, sometimes on the first song, sometimes it might take a few. Im sure it is some sub process that when I skip hasnt completed what it was doing (like getting missing fanart images), then gets itself lost and crashes. However, in saying that, Ive had the Slideshow disable after playing a bunch of songs without skipping. I dont tend to spend hours playing music this way, just when Im in the mood to hear a few songs. All my songs are ripped from my originals, and I use Music Picard to get all information for the song tags. The songs are a mixture of Flac and MP3 (moving my MP3 to Flac slowly). I havent really noticed if it happens more on Flac or MP3 songs... I will try and test that more.

Thanks.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-18

@Shredder_guitar
I gotcha...I'll look into it.

@RB0135
Thanks for the updated info. I haven't had a chance to test on my end yet.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2022-11-18

(2022-11-18, 14:05)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
Thanks for the updated info. I haven't had a chance to test on my end yet.

Thanks @latts9923 - No need to rush, best to work on those issues that seem to effect more people than myself. I can "live" with the issue. When I do more testing, I will try and find a pattern that causes it (like the type of song, or if it happens switching between an MP3 and FLAC - as mentioned, I mainly play a playlist of assorted songs in both those formats).

However, I must say that turning on Crossfade, I dont see the random Kodi crashes when songs change or when skipping through songs (a bug in Kodi from 10+ years ago that was meant to "fixed" within Kodi. This did only start happening though a month or so ago when the Slideshow started acting up).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-19

Well this is a new one. I went to install Aeon MQ8 from your 3.0 repo on a new Android box. Followed the steps in the first post. Everything went well, no dependency errors on Skin Helper or Extended Info. But the skin was stuck on 0% Downloading forever, so I cancelled, closed Kodi, rebooted and figured I''d try again. That's when I noticed the Dependencies listing was all greyed out! I couldn't click on it to see any of them.. Wth?!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Holzfred - 2022-11-19

Good morning,

how you tell me to change something in the font.xml I do that. But.. this part I find 3 times in the file:

<font>
            <name>fontCDartist</name>
            <filename>aeon_common.ttf</filename>
            <size>30</size>
            <linespacing>.7</linespacing>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>fontCDalbum</name>
            <size>25</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>fontCDalbum2</name>
            <size>20</size>
        </font>

Wich one is for? And maybe you see the linespacing... I change to 0.7 because every line covers the next with 0.5

Uwe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-19

I had/am having issues with downloading some items from your repo. Last night I tried a few different things, but I simply couldn't get the skin to install from the repo on an Android box. It would either hang at 1 or 2% or I'd just get "installation failed. I ended up just installing from the zip file link on the first page.

It seems to be working fine now, for the most part. I was able to install TV Tunes and most of the media icons. But when I try to add the colored studios and the actress png resource icons, they just stay at 0% Downloaded. Oddly enough, they won't install from the Kodi repo either. :-( Any ideas?