Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-24

(2022-11-23, 14:13)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
I created a smart playlist that contained a single album, added that as a main menu item and it displays just that album. You can access your playlists from the Music submenu or from accessing the top list above Artists while browsing.

Thanks for the reply @latts9923.
Must be something I've done at some time because I can't get the playlist function to work. I'm a tad confused.

As a test I've installed the MQ7 skin. In this skin. There is indeed a sub menu for playlists that works as I'd expect. It shows the playlists I have set up and lets me create new one's etc etc which is super.
However if I change another sub menu item: Interface settings/Configure Skin/Customise main menu/Replace this menu with/Music-Playlists. Then go back to the main music screen When I click on this sub menu I get a virtually blank screen with just the heading PLAYLIST and that's all. No playlists shown and no options to create new ones etc.

So, going back to MQ8, somewhere along the line I have lost the original 'Music-Playlists' submenu and can't seem to get it back. In MQ8, I can also change a sub menu to 'Music-Playlists' via 'customise main menu', but as in MQ7,  I just get a virtually blank screen.
I suppose I could start afresh with a new install of MQ8, but I'm loathe to do this as I may end up losing everything I've done to the skin so far. Do you know of a way to get the original music-playlists screen to show, because I can't find a way?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-24

@K0D1User1138
I just created a new version of my repo that contains a Nexus repo...v4.0.0. I've created a Nexus version of MQ 7 and MQ 8 (nothing official yet...for testing purposes only) as well as all the required add-ons to allow the skins to install. I also installed the Library Editor script and added some Movies to my library. So far it seems to be working just fine.

@Chalklands
Have you tried cloning the submenu for Music to your Playlist menu item via Customise Main Menu?

(2022-11-24, 15:43)latts9923 Wrote: @K0D1User1138
I just created a new version of my repo that contains a Nexus repo...v4.0.0. I've created a Nexus version of MQ 7 and MQ 8 (nothing official yet...for testing purposes only) as well as all the required add-ons to allow the skins to install. I also installed the Library Editor script and added some Movies to my library. So far it seems to be working just fine.

@Chalklands
Have you tried cloning the submenu for Music to your Playlist menu item via Customise Main Menu?
Hi, @latts9923 
Yes, but I've changed all of the sub menu items so the original Music-Playlist option is not there. I must have done something somehow historically that overwrote whatever makes the playlist creator show. It works fine in the default kodi skin and AQ7. Just can't find it in MQ8.

(2022-11-24, 16:35)Chalklands Wrote:

@Chalklands
Hi, @latts9923 
Yes, but I've changed all of the sub menu items so the original Music-Playlist option is not there. I must have done something somehow historically that overwrote whatever makes the playlist creator show. It works fine in the default kodi skin and AQ7. Just can't find it in MQ8.
@latts9923 
Update: Apologies, think I've got round it. I went into the Estuary skin and added the playlist creator/editor to my favourites. in AQ8, I can now add it to my music submenu as a favourite and create smart playlists..

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-24

@Chalklands
You should be able to either highlight an existing submenu item or create a new submenu item, select "REPLACE THIS MENU WITH..." and select "MUSIC-PLAYLISTS" from the item list on the right.

(2022-11-24, 17:06)latts9923 Wrote: @Chalklands
You should be able to either highlight an existing submenu item or create a new submenu item, select "REPLACE THIS MENU WITH..." and select "MUSIC-PLAYLISTS" from the item list on the right.
Hi, @ Thanks, working fine now!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - woggs - 2022-11-24

Hi Latts - I've run both the current MQ7 and MQ 8 on Nexus (Windows) and haven't encountered
any real differences from Matrix - every now and then they would both crash. Checked your 4.0 Repo
but it looks the same as 3.0.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - K0D1User1138 - 2022-11-24

I installed your repo but there doesn't seem to be anything within it? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I couldn't find the LE or any other actual addon.

I did find the Metadata scraper addon built from someplace else while browsing the main repo, installed it and gave it a test. It works ok but has many more clicks required than what LE does. This addon does allow for generating the individual NFO is one does not exist however the NFO is not formatted in the same manner as a full Kodi export NFO is and it is lacking the media stream details, cast list and probably a few other things. But seeing a direct export of a single NFO got me excited. Would be awesome if LE could do that with a full Kodi NFO (I know you didn't really build LE just daydreaming out loud here).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-11-25

@woggs
@K0D1User1138
I created the Nexus repo to display for the Beta 1 pre-release build (v19.90.801). If you're running a Nightly build you may not see my repo. You can download the files from the repo here.

That would be nice if you could export a single NFO. I don't believe that's possible.

UPDATE #31 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.1

Image Additions
  • I added a new button in the music viz settings that's named "HIDE MUSIC CHANNEL AND CODEC". This controls the display of the audio channel and music codec icons for layout 7. It is disabled by default and only visible when layout 7 is selected. Thanks to wags1 for the request!
  • I added a new button in the music viz settings that's named "HIDE JEWEL CASE". This controls the display of the jewel case for layout 3D. It is disabled by default and only visible when layout 3D is selected. If enabled, the slide animations will not work, but the disc art still displays. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added a new button in the music viz settings that's named "HIDE WEATHER AND DATE". This controls the display of the weather and date for layout 3D. It is disabled by default and only visible when layout 3D is selected. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added a new button in the music viz settings that's named "HIDE RATING STAR AND SONG INFO". This controls the display of the rating star and song info for layout 3D. It is disabled by default and only visible when layout 3D is selected. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added a new button in the music viz settings that's named "HIDE NEXT SONG INFO". This controls the display of the next song info for layout 3D. It is disabled by default and only visible when layout 3D is selected. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • The Grab Fanart Script backgrounds for the Main Menu will now display for video playlists if you add one as a Main Menu item. Thanks to Eladios for the request!
  • I added a new button in SKIN SETTINGS > ICONS AND IMAGES that's named "HIDE MISSING FLAG ICON". When enabled, it will hide the "..." image that displays for missing media flags. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the idea!
  • I added code to the Shelf 3D and Shelf 3D v2 music views to fix a problem with the fanart images not displaying correctly in the top right window if "KEEP BACKGROUND'S ASPECT RATIO" is enabled. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added the disc art to songs for the Wide view.
  • I added the audio and subtitle language icons to Shelf 3D. They will display if you have "AUDIO AND SUBTITLE FLAGS" set to "LOGO".

Image Bug fixes
  • I added a button named "SHOW DIFFUSE FOR DISC ART" in the Top Menu for Albums or Songs. This fixes the problem introduced in the last update where I removed the diffuse image and disc art that had a background outside the disc image was being displayed.
  • I scrubbed the music viz layouts that display the artist logo. They will now display the Artist's logo (if available) and then fallback to the Artist as text if the logo is missing. Thanks to RB0135 for reporting the bug!
  • The Artist's clearlogo was not displaying in the Poster view.
  • I fixed the "EXTRA FANART" art setting for Music if you do not have additional artwork already applied to the Artist (fanart1, fanart2, etc.). To see the artwork, set the "PATH:" setting in the Top Menu to your Artist Information Folder and create an extrafanart subfolder with your artwork for each Artist.
  • I updated the code for the music viz layouts to make the disc art (if available) always display when "DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE" is enabled...whether "LOGO IN CD" is enabled or not. Thanks to Holzfred for reporting the bug!
  • The record label, audio channel and music codec for layout 7 in music viz were not displaying the color icons if they were enabled in Skin Settings.

ImageMaintenance
  • I cleaned up some discart animation in the 3D views.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-11-25

@latts9923 Awesome update...your mod(s) continue to amaze, thanks for all the work you do on them!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Nickerw - 2022-11-25

@latts9923 
Thank you so much!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-11-25

@latts9923 
Thank you! Great stuff. Appreciate all your work you do in the skin.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Skin helper error - 2022-11-25

@latts9923 

Thanks for this update. I'm just starting to use Kodi to play music. there are tons of options, it's really great. Very good job as usual.

@wags1
@Nickerw
@Chalklands
@Skin helper error
You're welcome!