Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-12-14

(2022-12-14, 00:23)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-14, 00:14)andrzejls Wrote: @killersquirrel59, OK, never thought of that configuration.

Yeah I've got a bunch of videos in my collection that don't neatly fit into either Movies or TV Shows so I need to do a lot of manual organization and creation of subcategories. This seemed the best way to collect a bunch of them in one easily accessible place. And the structure works, it's just a bit annoying I can't get separate background images for them.
Couldn't you use, as a starting point, one of the standard menus, rename it and reconfigure it?. I do not really know your details but I I tried something like that I would probably start from there. Just a thought.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - killersquirrel59 - 2022-12-14

(2022-12-14, 01:09)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-12-14, 00:23)killersquirrel59 Wrote:
(2022-12-14, 00:14)andrzejls Wrote: @killersquirrel59, OK, never thought of that configuration.

Yeah I've got a bunch of videos in my collection that don't neatly fit into either Movies or TV Shows so I need to do a lot of manual organization and creation of subcategories. This seemed the best way to collect a bunch of them in one easily accessible place. And the structure works, it's just a bit annoying I can't get separate background images for them.
Couldn't you use, as a starting point, one of the standard menus, rename it and reconfigure it?. I do not really know your details but I I tried something like that I would probably start from there. Just a thought.
Yeah that's basically what I ended up doing. I used the Open Tray option which will do nothing on a Smart TV with no disc tray connected and custom built a submenu under it after renaming it. It works, just seems more than a little silly to need to be this convoluted. Honestly, what is the point of the My Menu options at all? You can't configure them to new actions and can't even effectively use them as a placeholder like this.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Wanilton - 2022-12-14

@killersquirrel59 

Here MarcosQui explains about it

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341547&pid=2841287#pid2841287

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - killersquirrel59 - 2022-12-14

(2022-12-14, 01:51)Wanilton Wrote: @killersquirrel59 

Here MarcosQui explains about it

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341547&pid=2841287#pid2841287
Thanks for that explanation. That now makes this and several other weird inconsistencies I've noticed such as submenus altering themselves make a lot more sense. It's annoying but I can accept that my case is not standard for most users and it's likely the greater speed and efficiency is more boon than catering to my unique issues on this one. I'll hold out hope for MQ 9 (if it ever actually releases at this point).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2022-12-19

@latts9923 

Hey friend, thanks a lot for another great update!

Merry Christmas!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-12-19

@melons2
Hey bud...you're welcome! Standby for another update...uploading to the repo now. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-12-19

@latts9923. I have a question regarding TV Shows. As we know we have a method/vehicle in Movies that let us combine movies into one "Collection" that we can name. Could some like that in TV Shows?. In my mind I have an idea that user can name category for TV Shows, let say  "SiFi", "Star Wars", "Family" for example. Please let us know if this is feasible.

@andrzejls
You can create a smart playlist for TV Shows. I don't know of any other way to group TV Shows.

UPDATE #33 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.3

Image Additions
  • I added code to the default music views so that you can now switch between text and logo for the Artist depending on your "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS:" setting. Thanks to andrzejls for the request!
  • I added the ability to display multiple characterart images to Video Info for TV Shows if you have them assigned as art (characterart1, characaterart2, etc.) by using Artwork Helper. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request! I also updated the code for Right List to use Artwork Helper for characterart. This seems to have fixed a long standing problem where switching between Movies/TV Shows that have one or multiple characterart images would cause the characterart to stop displaying correctly.
  • I added Korean MPAA ratings. To display the icons, use the following text (bold text only) as your rating...All = 전체, 12 = 12세, 15 = 15세, 18 = 불가, and R = 제한. Below are the colored versions...there are also default versions in the skin's texture file. Thanks to Youffran for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • I fixed a problem with the clearlogo for some of the default views not displaying in the correct position after adding the Glass List view to music. Thanks to RCBodyslam for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I adjusted the clearlogo code to use the Artist's local clearlogo images for the views first. If you have multiple clearlogos for the Artist, it will use Artwork Helper to display them. If only one exists, of course it will only display that logo. If you are missing the local clearlogo, the skin will use Skin Helper to fetch the images from fanart.tv. Thanks to MB1968 for the request!

There is also an update to the Colored MPAA Icons (v1.0.9) in my repo.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2022-12-19

@latts9923 

Way ahead of you .........LOL!

I have installed 1.0.3.3 !! I found it on your repo very early this morning!

THANK YOU & MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Skin helper error - 2022-12-19

@latts9923 

Thank you for this update, and have a good holiday everyone  Nod

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2022-12-19

Thanks @latts9923 
Merry Christmas to you and everybody on the forum!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - murnaz - 2022-12-19

thankyou for this update

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Schenckmeier - 2022-12-20

thank you latts for your great work for so long.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-12-20

@latts9923 Thank you for the early Christmas present 🎁. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and everyone else here in the forums!