Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2023-01-19

(2023-01-18, 22:23)RB0135 Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 15:20)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 13:32)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
@Nickerw
@martinsvision
I'm running Nexus on Windows 10, and so far I am not experiencing any crashes with the MQ 8 Nexus Mod.
I do not have any computer that runs MS Windows (any Windows) so I cannot check that on my end. I run Kodi on Nvida Shield Pro`s 2019. What I experienced was that Nexus run great with default, Confluence and Aeon Nox:Silvo skins. The Moment I installed Aeaon MQ 8 Nexus Mod it would crash within ~5-10 seconds. 
I have 1 (one) Firestick 4K Max so I can try and see if that works. I will post results of that later on.

UpdateL
Kodi Nexus is working fine on Fire-stick 4K Max when installed on main storage, if installed on USB then crashes.
Hi @andrzejls  - As mentioned before extensively by myself and several others, disable Skin Helper Service and 99.9% of crashes will be gone. 

I too decided to update one of my systems to Nexus. This system always crashed previous with any Skin that uses SHS and has SHS enabled (all 3 of my systems crash with SHS enabled, one Linux, one Windows 10 and one Windows 11).

So after upgrade, I ran for a little while no crashes, ran perfect. Decided to turn on SHS to test and crashed constantly after that.
Thanks. It turn out that it was "Skin Helper Service Widgets". Once I disabled it runs fine, so far on Nvidia-Shield Pro.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - martinsvision - 2023-01-19

@Jumpy73 To get your motion posters to work with collections on an android device while using a NAS you have to have the motion posters for sets on the android device itself.. For some reason the motion posters work for individual movies with the artwork on a NAS but Movie Set motion posters have to be on the Android itself..
And don't use "select animated art "with the sets ..Use manage, then chose art, then change the poster browse the root file system to where your animated poster is .. and it will load it as a motion poster ...
Hope this helps !

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Nickerw - 2023-01-19

@RB0135 
@andrzejls 
On my windows notebook there are not SHS widgets installed...
Greetz
Klaus

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Nickerw - 2023-01-19

I also deactivated the widgets on my matrix system - there had been some crashes, e.g at the end of a music folder when switching to the right list view.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2023-01-19

(2023-01-19, 13:35)Nickerw Wrote: I also deactivated the widgets on my matrix system - there had been some crashes, e.g at the end of a music folder when switching to the right list view.

Deactivate SHS althogether, not just the widgets and you wont have the crashes.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2023-01-20

Good news!

I installed Nexus and am running this MQ MOD (Thanks @latts9923 ) After reinstalling "ALL" addons everything runs perfectly!
Including "Skin Helper Service" 1.1.43

Go to "Settings" and "addons", "all" and at each addon click on versions and install most recent version.
If the addon installed has a version number higher than those available leave it alone.

I hope this helps a few..........

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Lehmden - 2023-01-20

Hi.
I see an issue with the Nexus mod. When using the "right list" no posters are shown, not in movies and also not in series.
Any other view is showing poster e.g. coverflow, low list,...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2023-01-20

@Lehmden
Hmm...I'm not able to reproduce this problem. I'm hoping to release v1.0.0.1 this weekend. I haven't changed anything in the Right List code, but see if the posters display with that version.

Hi.
I've installed the Nexus MQ8 Version on my Android devices and here the poster are shown. But on my only Windows 10 device there are no poster in right list view (every other view is showing them).

No big deal for me as the Windows device is not for "productive" use at all. It's for maintaining the database and test new things and similar. My main devices are Android TV Boxes. And her eit is working...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2023-01-20

I'm just going to ask here since i don't know where else to ask, I see now there is a nexus, nexus rc1 and nexus rc2; is there a new aeon mq mod skin being deved for these, if so which version?...or all of the above? I'd hopefully like to avoid another kodi 17 transition where i have to rebuild everything from complete scratch.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Chalklands - 2023-01-20

Hello everybody,
Quick question. I've just opened Kodi on my Nvidia Shield TV and it's automatically upgraded itself to Nexus without me doing anything. Is that normal?
Do I have to do anything like update the skin or any of the addons?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Nickerw - 2023-01-20

@Chalklands 
What I did was first installing the skin, because there was the standard skin. After this, I updated latts repo and there was the skin for nexus.
Greetz
Klaus

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2023-01-20

@Lehmden
Hmm...very strange that the case and poster are not displaying.

@Shredder_guitar
See my post a few above yours. The official Nexus Mod of MQ 8 is coming soon.

(2023-01-20, 18:00)Chalklands Wrote: Hello everybody,
Quick question. I've just opened Kodi on my Nvidia Shield TV and it's automatically upgraded itself to Nexus without me doing anything. Is that normal?
Do I have to do anything like update the skin or any of the addons?
This happened on my Android TV Box too, so it seems to be normal. Kodi Nexus was more or less working with the Matrix version of MQ8 but not stable. I first needed to update Latts Repo so the the Nexus version of MQ8 was shown and could be installed. Now it seems to work, but I need to do more tests for a final decision if I stay on Nexus or revert to Matrix...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2023-01-20

@Chalklands Just noticed that on one of my Shields as well (didn't try the other one yet). I'm going to roll the dice and load up Latts's Nexus version and see what happens...