Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - sheen73 - 2021-03-14

Hi, 

adding video node widget functionality is missing or changed from AeonMQ8 Leia. 

Here is what's available, I cant even see the nodes I created. Did something change?

free image hosting

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2021-03-14

(2021-03-14, 13:23)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
Yeah, I didn't remove support for the extrafanart subfolder in case some users have not updated their libraries to have all their artwork in the main movie folder. I still have some myself that I use to test code with, so I never noticed that error. I did notice though that when you are missing the extrafanart folder, it no longer reverts to Skin Helper. I removed the code for the extrafanart support and it did use Skin Helper to display extrafanart with the "EXTRA FANART" setting enabled. I will have to scrub the files and remove calls for extrafanart. I know some variables for KodiFlix and KodiFlixTV use it (as you stated). You've forced my hand...haha. Thanks for reporting that...and you're welcome!

@latts9923 ... Thanks for your reply. I wasnt meaning that the extrafanart folder option should be removed as I would understand a lot of folks would have this extrafanart folder from way back when that was the norm. I only discovered my extrafanart wasnt being used because I too had some extrafanart folders where the images were working, so I went looking why the others weren't.

I thought I noticed Embuary Helper only looking for the extrafanart folder too (in code). Another error I was chasing.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that at present, there is no way MQ8 for Matrix will read the database for extrafanart location nor will it look into the main directory either and thus, presuming if I only select Default Fanart, it will only display fanart.jpg and not cycling through the fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc....

I understand it is a massive job to get everything in order for new versions of Kodi. Maybe I will take a look at the Kodiflixtv code....

Thanks again...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2021-03-15

@RB0135
I'm still mulling over what to do with extrafanart. I may only make the change to Matrix. It creates errors in the log when the folder is missing, and apparently affects Video add-ons like Youtube. Artwork Beef handled the extrafanart folder for Krypton/Leia, but that's not available with Matrix, so the images in extrafanart do not get loaded in the database. Skin Helper will still display extrafanart (online content...not from your extrafanart folder) if you select Extrafanart as the Art option. Yes, if you select Default Fanart it will only display fanart.jpg. To display multiple fanart images (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc.) you must select Artwork Helper Fanart.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2021-03-15

(2021-03-15, 01:59)latts9923 Wrote: @RB0135
I'm still mulling over what to do with extrafanart. I may only make the change to Matrix. It creates errors in the log when the folder is missing, and apparently affects Video add-ons like Youtube. Artwork Beef handled the extrafanart folder for Krypton/Leia, but that's not available with Matrix, so the images in extrafanart do not get loaded in the database. Skin Helper will still display extrafanart (online content...not from your extrafanart folder) if you select Extrafanart as the Art option. Yes, if you select Default Fanart it will only display fanart.jpg. To display multiple fanart images (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc.) you must select Artwork Helper Fanart.
Thanks @latts9923 

So, using Artwork Helper Fanart, then there is a way to show the multiples.... I did see that option, but wasnt sure what it did... mmmm.. Time for a play with that option  Big Grin

I understand with Artwork Beef in previous versions. I think it would be nice if all helpers (for matrix) going forward would read the DB for location if they cant find an extrafanart folder (rather than throwing an error in the log). I know, big task to do.. Maybe one day...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Maxi - 2021-03-15

@latts9923 

Hey, good news (I think). I decided to do a clean install today, and followed the process on your first post. I am using Android (NVidia Shield) and in the past I had the issue of the installation being stuck on "Please wait" with the % progress not even showing. This time it worked almost flawlessly (I noticed it installed a 10.0.8).

The "almost" is due to a little detail. After reaching 100% the screen suddenly gets completely black for a few seconds. Then, it recovers on its own and shows the main screen. Maybe I did notice those few seconds of black screen because I was expecting it to fail at some point like in the past. Maybe a normal user won't notice. So, don't get too hanged on that...

Thanks a lot for your hard work !!! You convinced me to take some python course and get back to programing

Max

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Holzfred - 2021-03-15

Good morning,

yesterday after watching a movie in Amazon VOD, Kodi crashed again in the time where it try to change the resolution. After the restart, your skin starting again to configure new and all my skin settings was destroyed. I find out, that the settings.xml in the Addon-folder have different size like before. I restore this file and all the skin-settings was like before the crash. 

You find out in the meantime, why the skin backup is not working? 

All the best

Uwe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2021-03-15

I haven't had any luck getting Skin Helper Service installed. Anybody cracked the code? I have tried to install cherrypy from several links and still no luck Do you have to uninstall cherrypy first? When I try to install skin helper service I get a Beutiful Soup error then a skin helper service dependency error complaining about python. I've tried using Skin Helper service from latts repo and from a few other places. I must just be missing something simple.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-15, 23:54)wags1 Wrote: I haven't had any luck getting Skin Helper Service installed. Anybody cracked the code? I have tried to install cherrypy from several links and still no luck Do you have to uninstall cherrypy first? When I try to install skin helper service I get a Beutiful Soup error then a skin helper service dependency error complaining about python. I've tried using Skin Helper service from latts repo and from a few other places. I must just be missing something simple.

I suggest you start a fresh install of Kodi, then just install the skin direct from Latts Repo. It will install the dependencies as needed.

Latts Repo is here.

So, Download the Repo zip file, go to addons->install from zip and select the location of the downloaded file. Once installed, go to addons->install from Repository, select Latts Repo Repository, go to the Skin category, then select MQ8.

When installing, you might get "white" buttons on top of the screen, arrow to the right to highlight the "yes" button (it wont show any text), and click the button. You might get a black screen, select BACK (if using keyboard, that is the backspace key or what ever you normally do to go back) and wait. You should again get a White button at the top of the screen, follow the same procedure above to select Yes. You might need to do this about 3 times, then the circle with the install percentage will start to move. Be patient with the above procedure, but it does work.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2021-03-16

@wags1
If you start with a fresh install of Kodi as @RB0135 suggested, try following the steps in the installation guide I added to the first post of this thread. If you follow those steps, you shouldn't have to worry about the buttons at the top with no labels (still trying to fix that).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-16, 01:02)latts9923 Wrote: @wags1
If you start with a fresh install of Kodi as @RB0135 suggested, try following the steps in the installation guide I added to the first post of this thread. If you follow those steps, you shouldn't have to worry about the buttons at the top with no labels (still trying to fix that).
For several reasons I upgraded my Kodi install from a working Leia (running on Nvidia Shield) and tried to follow your instructions from post 1. It fails at step 2 as described.

(2021-03-16, 00:12)RB0135 Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 23:54)wags1 Wrote: I haven't had any luck getting Skin Helper Service installed. Anybody cracked the code? I have tried to install cherrypy from several links and still no luck Do you have to uninstall cherrypy first? When I try to install skin helper service I get a Beutiful Soup error then a skin helper service dependency error complaining about python. I've tried using Skin Helper service from latts repo and from a few other places. I must just be missing something simple.

I suggest you start a fresh install of Kodi, then just install the skin direct from Latts Repo. It will install the dependencies as needed.

Latts Repo is here.

So, Download the Repo zip file, go to addons->install from zip and select the location of the downloaded file. Once installed, go to addons->install from Repository, select Latts Repo Repository, go to the Skin category, then select MQ8.

When installing, you might get "white" buttons on top of the screen, arrow to the right to highlight the "yes" button (it wont show any text), and click the button. You might get a black screen, select BACK (if using keyboard, that is the backspace key or what ever you normally do to go back) and wait. You should again get a White button at the top of the screen, follow the same procedure above to select Yes. You might need to do this about 3 times, then the circle with the install percentage will start to move. Be patient with the above procedure, but it does work.
If wiping and starting from scratch is the ONLY way then I guess I’ll have to bite the bullet. I did install the skin directly from latts repo. Honestly everything I care about was migrated and is working fine. If I could get skin helper service loaded I’d be golden.

Ever time it tries to install Skin Helper Service I get a error massage that a dependency on xbmc python 2.1.0 could not be satisfied? Even when I try to manually install Skin Helper Service from latts repo?

Finally got Skin Helper Service to install. I apparently had some hold over Adonis still installed thst I had to uninstall first...cherrypy (and another addon that had to be uninstalled before I could uninstall cherrypy), beautiful soup, and the old Skin Helper Service. Once I did that I was able to install the new cherrypy and skin helper service.
Update - also had to go thru and delete all the incompatible addons that I found. Seems to have fixed the issues I was having.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-16, 01:35)wags1 Wrote: Finally got Skin Helper Service to install. I apparently had some hold over Adonis still installed thst I had to uninstall first...cherrypy (and another addon that had to be uninstalled before I could uninstall cherrypy), beautiful soup, and the old Skin Helper Service. Once I did that I was able to install the new cherrypy and skin helper service.

Good news.. I was just going to post to check your addons as Kodi V19 uses Python 3 (not Python 2).

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2021-03-16

@latts9923 

I believe the version of script.module.thetvdb in your repo is old.
I think everyone should you this: Updated