Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2021-03-25

@latts9923 is there any reason to have Media Icons Pack for Aeon MQ 7 - Coloured installed anymore?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - ScratchInside - 2021-03-25

(2021-03-23, 02:39)movie78 Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 00:37)latts9923 Wrote:  

@movie78
The cases only display the icons in white. Thanks!

All,

There is a new version (0.1.5) of the Colored Media Icons on my repo that fixes the problem with the icons not displaying. My error...sorry.
@latts9923 

I was referring the video resolution icon in color Dolby Vision

What skin/view is this? Looks different than mine

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2021-03-25

(2021-03-22, 02:15)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #9 - This will update the skin to v1.0.0.9

Hi @latts9923, unfortunately, I have to report, that after using this update for 2 days, it has introduced the Skin Helper problems I (and presume others) were experiencing and bombs (crashes) Kodi constantly. I tried a different mod skin and did not have one crash, although, that skin is not to my liking. It would be nice if more time was spent on this issue. I understand it takes time, but you have mentioned you know why the skin is causing these issues with the Skin Helper service. Disabling embuary helper made it worse, so I have had to go back to disabling Skin Helper altogether.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Holzfred - 2021-03-25

Hi @latts9923 

with the 1.0.0.9 i have the following problem. After I change something in the skin settings Kodi crash 3 Times after restart. After this all working fine. 
Something was also noticed. when I restart with the 0.8, I see the info from my DVBViewer, how it fills the EPG data using a progress bar. With the 0.9, only the upper edge of the skin darkens.

The logs don't show something special. The last lines only show infos... 

Hope this helps to find out some...

Have a nice day

Uwe

Hope the beer arrived...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - movie78 - 2021-03-25

(2021-03-25, 06:28)ScratchInside Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 02:39)movie78 Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 00:37)latts9923 Wrote:  

@movie78
The cases only display the icons in white. Thanks!

All,

There is a new version (0.1.5) of the Colored Media Icons on my repo that fixes the problem with the icons not displaying. My error...sorry.
@latts9923 

I was referring the video resolution icon in color Dolby Vision

What skin/view is this? Looks different than mine

PosterLite

(2021-03-25, 09:45)RB0135 Wrote:
(2021-03-22, 02:15)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #9 - This will update the skin to v1.0.0.9

Hi @latts9923, unfortunately, I have to report, that after using this update for 2 days, it has introduced the Skin Helper problems I (and presume others) were experiencing and bombs (crashes) Kodi constantly. I tried a different mod skin and did not have one crash, although, that skin is not to my liking. It would be nice if more time was spent on this issue. I understand it takes time, but you have mentioned you know why the skin is causing these issues with the Skin Helper service. Disabling embuary helper made it worse, so I have had to go back to disabling Skin Helper altogether.
I updated to v1.0.0.9 on both my Nvidia Shields and have not experienced the problems you describe...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2021-03-25

@halidri
The default covers are still used for most of the views. The next update will correct the problem introduced by the last update.

@wags1
Yes, the Colored Media Icons is used to display the language and subtitle icons. I though about making a new Add-on for MQ 8 that only has the icons required for language and subtitle. The Colored Media Icons add-on has a lot of icons that are not used by MQ 8.

@RB0135
I am not experiencing any crashes due to Skin Helper. Are you in a certain area (Movies, TV Shows) when the crash happens? If I said I know why the skin is causing these issues then I misspoke. I was seeing Skin Helper errors before I update to Skin Helper v1.1.33, but after that all seems well.

@Holzfred
I'll see if I can reproduce your problem, but I am not experiencing any crashes after changing any of the Skin Settings. I made some changes to the top alerts which display the yes/no buttons in the last update. Let me take another look at that. LOL...the beer has arrived! Thanks a lot!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - halidri - 2021-03-25

Thanks, awesome!

(2021-03-25, 15:23)latts9923 Wrote: @halidri
The default covers are still used for most of the views. The next update will correct the problem introduced by the last update.

@wags1
Yes, the Colored Media Icons is used to display the language and subtitle icons. I though about making a new Add-on for MQ 8 that only has the icons required for language and subtitle. The Colored Media Icons add-on has a lot of icons that are not used by MQ 8.

@RB0135
I am not experiencing any crashes due to Skin Helper. Are you in a certain area (Movies, TV Shows) when the crash happens? If I said I know why the skin is causing these issues then I misspoke. I was seeing Skin Helper errors before I update to Skin Helper v1.1.33, but after that all seems well.

@Holzfred
I'll see if I can reproduce your problem, but I am not experiencing any crashes after changing any of the Skin Settings. I made some changes to the top alerts which display the yes/no buttons in the last update. Let me take another look at that. LOL...the beer has arrived! Thanks a lot!
@latts9923 Thanks for that. The reason I ask is that I have your skin installed on two Nvidia Shields. AFAI can tell both are installed identically. On one I have the Colored Media Icons addon installed no problem but on the other one it just won't install. I try to install it from your Matrix repo and it downloads, it says "installing", never goes past 0% and then never installs. I am baffled. Can you point me to or give me a link to the zip file for it and I can try to download that and then install from zip.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2021-03-25

@wags1
On the Shield that won't install, close Kodi, navigate to Kodi/addons/packages and remove resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip. Now navigate to Kodi/addons/temp and remove any subfolders. Open Kodi and try to install v0.1.5 from my repo again.

(2021-03-25, 16:41)latts9923 Wrote: @wags1
On the Shield that won't install, close Kodi, navigate to Kodi/addons/packages and remove resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip. Now navigate to Kodi/addons/temp and remove any subfolders. Open Kodi and try to install v0.1.5 from my repo again.

@latts9923 Removing the resource.images.mediaicons.coloured-0.1.5.zip file from Kodi/addons/packages and installing from your repo fixed it. Thank you!

Funny, I looked in that packages sub directory yesterday when I was trying to fix it but wasn’t sure that was the right file.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - haku_x - 2021-03-25

Hiii, 

I'm just installed the skin and it's AMAZING ... only one issue at the moment:

When I am playing content and I go back to the main menu while the movie is running, I see the preview on a small screen of the movie with the home menu but it looks bad, it does not scale the video image to the window .

Can anybody help me with this problem?¿

THANK YOU !!!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - simomkd - 2021-03-26

@latts9923

I have 2 ISSUES + 1 SUGGESTIONS/IMPROVEMENTS Smile

1) ISSUE: FAILED SCRAPING WITH NEW "THE MOVIE DATABASE (PYTHON)" SCRAPER
I've tried several times but on some specific file it returns error that is not possible to find anything (example: Humandroid, Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows, 1 and 2).

ImageImage

Pages obviously exist and file naming is correct (they are perfectly recognised in Kodi 18.9 with TMDB scraper).
Any possible reason for that?

2) ISSUE: VISUAL PROBLEMS WITH ICONS IN SETS, INCLUDING WHEN USING BLURAY BOX CASES

Both in main page "Movies" and within the SET section, there are all missing icons in the bottom side (I presume the same set in "includes.xml).
There's also a misallignement between boxset and cover and the presence of the "set.png" icon from resource.image.videocodec

ImageImage

Could it be possible to have different icons in the bottom bar specific for sets or the usual media info (studio, videocodec, mpaa, etc...)?
Or in case, just hide those when you are in set visualization?

3) SUGGESTIONS/IMPROVEMENTS

1) retrieve information about audio and subtitle channels from "Information" sub-section and positionate them above the cover, cancelling the same infos in the bottom bar
2) oscar statues appears if the award has been given to the movie (they should just appear as IMDB-Top250 icon does), as much status as oscars given to the movie. 2 positioning (frankly, I like "a")
3) centered redistribution of icons in the bottom bar, if we move the audio/ubtiltes infos above the cover (1) like didi here: https://i.imgur.com/l2sj4ly.jpeg

Thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Bruce_Banner - 2021-03-26

(2021-03-26, 01:10)simomkd Wrote: @latts9923 do you know about some issues with the "The Movie Database (Python)" scraper?
I've tried several times but on some specific file it returns error that is not possible to find anything (example: Humandroid, Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows, 1 and 2).
Pages obviously exist and file naming is correct (they are perfectly recognised in Kodi 18.9 with TMDB scraper).

Any possible reason for that?
Hi. I also have this problem. see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361654&pid=3025688#pid3025688
Create a debug log and upload the problem it is a Kodi 19 problem I think.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - simomkd - 2021-03-26

(2021-03-26, 01:57)Bruce_Banner Wrote: Hi. I also have this problem. see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361654&pid=3025688#pid3025688
Create a debug log and upload the problem it is a Kodi 19 problem I think.
Here's the solution I found reading the log https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=361654&pid=3026136#pid3026136