Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2021-06-04

(2021-06-03, 21:34)Dom61 Wrote: Changing with the Default Estuary Skin
The "Studios" flag is displayed
Where am I wrong?
Thank you.

In "COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW" make sure that "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS-POSTER" and "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS-FANART" on very bottom are NOT selected.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2021-06-04

@Stu1961
I'll have to take a look at Advanced Emulator Launcher

@robyn68
I'm not sure why your library won't update...the skin update should not have anything to do with that.

@Edomatic
I'll have to take a look at the network and Bluetooth settings for CoreELEC.

@Dom61
I'll have to compare the code for Estuary and MQ 8.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Dom61 - 2021-06-04

(2021-06-04, 01:47)andrzejls Wrote:
(2021-06-03, 21:34)Dom61 Wrote: Changing with the Default Estuary Skin
The "Studios" flag is displayed
Where am I wrong?
Thank you.

In "COLLECTION/CHANGE VIEW" make sure that "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS-POSTER" and "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS-FANART" on very bottom are NOT selected.
I SOLVED!!
I have to thank you very much.

Edit... Sorry
(2021-06-04, 03:04)latts9923 Wrote:  

@Dom61
I'll have to compare the code for Estuary and MQ 8.
Thank you for your interest
andrzejls pointed out my mistake.
As regards the equivalent aspect equal to all films at 1.78: 1, it depends on the fact that all films stored in MKV (HD-UHD 1: 1) the black bands are encoded in the video.
For this problem I don't know if there can be a solution.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - tuareg - 2021-06-05

I would like to try Latts version of MQ8 for Matrix. Tried once but failed on most addons. Would like to try once again and would appreciate knowing the sequence in which to go.

I already have Kodi Leia working with MQ8 very well.

So should i uninstall first and then proceed.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Dom61 - 2021-06-06

Good morning.
Sorry if I ask a stupid question.
In the settings panel, the options do not appear:
"Base", "Advanced" "Expert" as the default skin?
Thank you

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - vansai - 2021-06-06

(2021-06-06, 11:01)Dom61 Wrote: Good morning.
Thank you

try pressing the remote button to the left

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2021-06-06

@tuareg
If you upgrade to Matrix, you can follow the installation guide on the first post of this thread to install the skin.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Dom61 - 2021-06-06

(2021-06-06, 12:13)vansai Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 11:01)Dom61 Wrote: Good morning.
Thank you

try pressing the remote button to the left
Thanks so much Sorry for the stupid question,
I was used to other skins at certain times I go into confusion with the commands.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Edomatic - 2021-06-07

Is there a possibility to update the widget content when using smart videolists? Such a great skin this aeon mq8!

I did had to revert to using video nodes doh, since i regulary add and remove folders and files from my shares (smb shares) and these changes are not reflected when using smart video playlists, is there a solution or workaround for this issue?

I am using the odroid N2+ with aeon mq8 matrix, installed following the instructions here on the main page
Currently i have the kodi matrix nightly installed , version 2021-06-04

If anyone here has an idea..shoot! :-)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Buff - 2021-06-09

Hi, wondered if anyone can help - just switched back to this skin after seeing this mod is available for Matrix - many thanks.

I'm using AEL for games and for some reason the fanarts aren't showing up - I have default fanart switched on and fanarts show fine for all films etc... just not games. If I go into the AEL settings the fanart path is correct and the other artwork (boxfront, clearlogo) show fine, just not the fanart. Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Dom61 - 2021-06-10

Good morning.
I am very happy with this skin, thanks to the passion of the authors to make it better.
I ask confirmation if I made the correct proceedings in installing "Colored Flag Add-ons" in particular "resource.images.audiochannels.color-1.0.0.zip".
In when the colored flag relating to audio channels is not activated.
Thank you very much.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - geircito - 2021-06-10

Kodi 18.9 with Aeon MQ 8 2.9.0 4/6/2019 by MarcosQui
MOVIES section
Highlight a movie and press I (info).
Highlight a actor's thumbnail and pressing Enter brings me to a list of movies/TV-show where this actor is in the cast.
To the right I see a POSTER for each movie/TV-show for this actor.
When pressing Enter on one of these movies it brings me to the info page for THAT movie.

Kodi 19.1 with Aeon MQ 8 1.0.12 05/23/2021 by MarcosQui Mod by Latts
MOVIES section
Highlight a actor's thumbnail:
- well, sometimes Kodi crashes when doing this
- sometimes it brings me to a list of movies/TV-show where this actor is in the cast.
To the right I see a FANART (not a poster) for each movie for this actor (for TV-show I do see a poster).
When pressing Enter on one of these movies/TV-show it brings me BACK to the main Movies list.

How do I solve this behaviour in 19.1?
Is there any settings that I have "messed" up, or are there something else?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Holzfred - 2021-06-10

(2021-06-10, 14:38)geircito Wrote: Kodi 19.1 with Aeon MQ 8 1.0.12 05/23/2021 by MarcosQui Mod by Latts
MOVIES section
Highlight a actor's thumbnail:
- well, sometimes Kodi crashes when doing this
- sometimes it brings me to a list of movies/TV-show where this actor is in the cast.
To the right I see a FANART (not a poster) for each movie for this actor (for TV-show I do see a poster).
When pressing Enter on one of these movies/TV-show it brings me BACK to the main Movies list.

How do I solve this behaviour in 19.1?
Is there any settings that I have "messed" up, or are there something else?
Hi Latts,

here the same. In the Artist view I see the some fanart from all the movies what I have in my folder with this actor and the posters from the movies I don't have and the actor playing it. The crashes I don't have but sometimes the actors are not shown. Then I have to go to a different menu (ex. TV) and back and the actors will be shown. 

I forgot to tell you, because I don't use this so much. 

All the best Uwe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2021-06-10

latts9923
Once again "Skin  Helper Service" (1.1.33) is crashing constantly (I am on Nvidia Pro 2019) and, again, studio logos are not being shown in both "TV_Shows" and "Movies". Any ideas?

Edit:
Just as I posted this, Studio logos started to show again. Is there a timer for "Skin Helper Service" to restart itself?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - RB0135 - 2021-06-11

(2021-06-10, 20:37)andrzejls Wrote: latts9923
Once again "Skin  Helper Service" (1.1.33) is crashing constantly (I am on Nvidia Pro 2019) and, again, studio logos are not being shown in both "TV_Shows" and "Movies". Any ideas?

Edit:
Just as I posted this, Studio logos started to show again. Is there a timer for "Skin Helper Service" to restart itself?
@andrzejls - Skin Helper Service still constantly crashes both a Linux (Ubuntu) setup and Windows setup for me which I have documented. Most times, I will see a SHS error on the top left of the screen, then guaranteed, Kodi will bomb within 20 seconds.

I have spent countless hours debugging and sifting through code to find the crashing reason and have informed both Skin Helper Developers and @latts9923 what is crashing Kodi, but get no response. The developers seem they cant care less and keep saying that it is the others fault. 

The developer of SHS says it is up to the Skin Mod developer to fix, but it is evident when there is a crash it is SHS causing it and not this skin (seems that SHS and the other components it calls do not handle errors very well of returned external data).

I was even told it was my data causing it, but never happened with the same data in V18.9 with latts9923 MQ8 mod. And, my Windows setup is a test setup that doesn't use the same data. The Windows Kodi crashes within 20 seconds of Kodi starting. I disable SHS in the Windows Kodi (by removing the SHS addon folder.. only way I found possible to at least get Kodi to start) and works perfectly, without crashes. Obviously, debug logs show nothing as it is a hard crash, but always the last command before the crash is SHS setting up to get external extrafanart (and my extrafanart is local, so it should not be going externally).

For me, I disabled Skin Helper Service and Kodi never has crashed since. I loose a few Skin functionality, but what I loose is irrelevant to me as I dont see any difference of having it enabled or disabled (apart from seeing actors images which I dont care if the system is stable). I cant find a definitive list on what this Skin Mod uses SHS for.

Interestingly. SHS version is now several minor versions past 1.1.33, which might include fixes, so I am wondering why this mod is still using an old version.

Cant comment on whether studio logos show on mine (with or without SHS enabled) as Im not particularly interested in what studio produced a TV show or Movie but I have seen them on the Boxes in Kodiflix view.