Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Jumpy73 - 2022-01-15

(2022-01-15, 01:50)andrzejls Wrote: For 480p res I would use DVD, for 720 HDTV, for 1080 BDRip, for 4K 4K

I thought that HDTV (1080/720) and Web (480) were extentions to be used for TV Shows

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - emux77 - 2022-01-15

update fails for me too, I am also on the latest Nvidia 9.0 update ( android 11)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - andrzejls - 2022-01-15

(2022-01-15, 02:18)Jumpy73 Wrote:
(2022-01-15, 01:50)andrzejls Wrote: For 480p res I would use DVD, for 720 HDTV, for 1080 BDRip, for 4K 4K

I thought that HDTV (1080/720) and Web (480) were extentions to be used for TV Shows
Not really, you can and should use the same designation for Movies.

(2022-01-15, 00:12)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
I checked the repo...everything appears to be in order. Anyone else having problems?
Well, after ~40minuted it finally updated. My Internet access speed is 400MBits/sec. and I get that. tvdb section has scrambled "votes"

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matri - wags1 - 2022-01-15

@latts9923 I had the same issue. Ended up just grabbing the zip file and updating from that. I’m also running on Nvidia Shield with 9.0.0 plus hotfix. The 9.0.0 Shield update (which updates to Android 11) is definitely wonky with Kodi.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2022-01-15

If I understand this correctly the new TV Info page fills the ratings in from the tv nfo's I've made. My ratings are not completely filling in, I use Tiny Media Manager, What are you using? Your info page is filled out and looks great!

Thank you

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-01-15

Same here with using TMM for TV shows.... I'm looking on TMM and it doesn't look like TMM pulls in ratings for RT or Meta.....going to try chasing up on the TMM forum on reddit and see if there is something they can do or recommend to add it

@latts9923  Good work man, this looks friggin sweet

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-01-15

@andrzejls
I fixed the overlapping votes for TVDb. One of the "NO VOTES" was supposed to display under IMDb. Thanks for letting me know! Were you trying to install on an Nvidia Shield as well?

@melons2
You bet! I don't use any software to manage my library. I just manually entered the ratings into the nfo.

@Shredder_guitar
Thanks! It does look nice when the ratings are working. I'm going to overhaul the Movie ratings code now.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Shredder_guitar - 2022-01-15

For completeness, I chased up for ratings on the TMM post, they said that ratings for RT come specifically from the OMDB data source (there may be an issue with my OMDB api key, i'm chasing that now so not able to confirm this atm). I was trying to scan a tv show using specifically the OMDB data source without overwriting existing data @melons2  you might be able to try this and see if it works for you

*update*
response from TMM for completeness 

(2022-01-15, 14:52)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls
I fixed the overlapping votes for TVDb. One of the "NO VOTES" was supposed to display under IMDb. Thanks for letting me know! Were you trying to install on an Nvidia Shield as well?

@melons2
You bet! I don't use any software to manage my library. I just manually entered the ratings into the nfo.

@Shredder_guitar
Thanks! It does look nice when the ratings are working. I'm going to overhaul the Movie ratings code now.
@latts9923
Great, thanks. Yes, I downloaded your 1.7 zip (it would  not download and install update on 2 out of 3 of my Nvidia`s) and installed on all 2 Nvidia Shield Pro`s. I guess this correction will show-up in next rev?. I just noticed that I cannot edit/save (do not have permissions) any of the files in kodi directory structure. I was able to do that in the past but not now. Any reason for that?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-01-15

(2022-01-15, 17:43)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-01-15, 14:52)latts9923 Wrote: @andrzejls

@melons2

@Shredder_guitar
@latts9923
Great, thanks. Yes, I downloaded your 1.7 zip (it would  not download and install update on 2 out of 3 of my Nvidia`s) and installed on all 2 Nvidia Shield Pro`s. I guess this correction will show-up in next rev?. I just noticed that I cannot edit/save (do not have permissions) any of the files in kodi directory structure. I was able to do that in the past but not now. Any reason for that?
Yes, if you applied the 9.0.0 Nvidia update to your Shields it uses Android 11 and that introduced those permission restrictions for certain directories. You should be able to do everything but write to those locations (make sure you have applied the hotfix). This is the info that Nvidia tech support sent me:
In practice, for SHIELD Experience 9.0, this means a few things:
There are new ways for apps to ask users for access to storage. Currently, most apps are not updated to do this and so you will need to do this manually by following this faq: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5303/kw/permission
Sometimes apps will behave like in the Faq, othertimes apps will just give you the option to "Allow". The difference is apps which behave like in the FAQ are advertising API level 30 which means they are saying they are ready for Android 11 but since they are not asking for privleges correctly they are not really ready but advertising it. Apps which just show "Allow" are not even claiming to be ready for Android 11 and report and API level lower than 30.
Android now limits access to some folders to general apps which used to have access in earlier versions of Android. The most common issue here is app data folders found inside Android/.com.insert your app name here. Moving forward from Android 11 file browswers will no longer have access to this folder for othre apps. Users are reporting this behavior as file browswer are broken, but they are not, they are working correctly. The problem now lies with the apps which store their data there. These apps will need to be changed to store this data in a location which is now user accessible with Android 11.
The entire post can be found on the Nvidia forum here - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/481782/shield-experience-upgrade-90-known-issues/3196393/

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-01-15

I should add that as a work around you can still use adblink to push files into the Kodi directories. That is what I’m doing until something changes.

(2022-01-15, 22:33)wags1 Wrote: I should add that as a work around you can still use adblink to push files into the Kodi directories. That is what I’m doing until something changes.
Looks to me that "adblink" is to be used with FireStick (correct me if I am wrong). I use Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and my computers run linux mint and linux EndeavourOS. Is tere a way to install Kodi on usb attached to Nvidia Shield?

Edit:
I found adblink for Linux. It works, but is kind like scratching your left ear with right hand behind your head.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - melons2 - 2022-01-16

(2022-01-15, 16:05)Shredder_guitar Wrote: For completeness, I chased up for ratings on the TMM post, they said that ratings for RT come specifically from the OMDB data source (there may be an issue with my OMDB api key, i'm chasing that now so not able to confirm this atm). I was trying to scan a tv show using specifically the OMDB data source without overwriting existing data @melons2  you might be able to try this and see if it works for you

*update*
response from TMM for completeness 

I tried your suggestion but got a negative result.
There has to be some way to get these ratings without manually entering them in each tvshow nfo.
Let me know if you find a solution, I'll do the same!

Thanks!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-01-16

(2022-01-15, 23:16)andrzejls Wrote:
(2022-01-15, 22:33)wags1 Wrote: I should add that as a work around you can still use adblink to push files into the Kodi directories. That is what I’m doing until something changes.
Looks to me that "adblink" is to be used with FireStick (correct me if I am wrong). I use Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and my computers run linux mint and linux EndeavourOS. Is tere a way to install Kodi on usb attached to Nvidia Shield?

Edit:
I found adblink for Linux. It works, but is kind like scratching your left ear with right hand behind your head.
I use adblink for all my Android based streamers, FireTV and Shield. I run adblink on a Windows 10 Pro laptop but they have versions for several other OS’s. It does take a bit to get used to how to use and yeah, it’s not nearly as convenient as just being able to directly write the files…hence why I called it a work around.