Kodi Community Forum
Release HBO Max - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release HBO Max (/showthread.php?tid=358484)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: HBO Max - KarelB - 2023-10-02

(2023-09-11, 15:07)davorf Wrote: Hello!

Besides the addon not displaying TV Show name, I've recently encountered an error, and I cannot play any HBO Max content via addon. I've tried to continue TV shows I'm watching, as well as playing movies I haven't watched, but in both cases I get the following error: 

I've tried playing the same TV Shows and movies via web browser and Samsung TV app, and they play properly. 

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Davor

Hi, the same issue here in the Czech Republic, it!s happening time to time, usually it works again on the next day... On the PC in FF it still works.

Thank you!

BR,

Karel

RE: HBO Max - izprtxqkft - 2023-10-02

(2023-10-02, 20:46)KarelB Wrote: Hi, the same issue here in the Czech Republic, it!s happening time to time, usually it works again on the next day... On the PC in FF it still works.

Thank you!

BR,

Karel

https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/issues

RE: HBO Max - Kravatak76 - 2023-10-05

Is there anyone out there who uses an add-on to export streams to the Kodi library called Osmosis? I have been using it for SlyGuy addons for a long time, because there is no other option (Netflix and Amazon addons have internal solutions). Unfortunately, Osmosis for HBO Max has stopped working for me and exports to the library do not work for me. I thought it was a problem in Kodi Omega Alfa 3, but the problem is also in Kodi Nexus... It always ends with the error "2023-10-05 19:01:23.770 T:10177 error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://slyguy.hbo.max/?_=_bookmarks". Export from Disney+ and others addons works. The problem is only with HBO Max. I have the latest version 0.11. I have no idea what the problem could be. Changes to Osmosis haven't been happening for a long time, so I guess there's something different about the HBO Max addon.

RE: HBO Max - izprtxqkft - 2023-10-05

(2023-10-05, 19:13)Kravatak76 Wrote: Is there anyone out there who uses an add-on to export streams to the Kodi library called Osmosis? I have been using it for SlyGuy addons for a long time, because there is no other option (Netflix and Amazon addons have internal solutions). Unfortunately, Osmosis for HBO Max has stopped working for me and exports to the library do not work for me. I thought it was a problem in Kodi Omega Alfa 3, but the problem is also in Kodi Nexus... It always ends with the error "2023-10-05 19:01:23.770 T:10177 error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://slyguy.hbo.max/?_=_bookmarks". Export from Disney+ and others addons works. The problem is only with HBO Max. I have the latest version 0.11. I have no idea what the problem could be. Changes to Osmosis haven't been happening for a long time, so I guess there's something different about the HBO Max addon.

if the export addon is having a problem listing the contents of _bookmarks then disable it in settings or change the code removing the entry

https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/blob/master/slyguy.hbo.max/resources/lib/plugin.py#L44

-----

what is osmosis?

(2023-10-05, 19:19)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-10-05, 19:13)Kravatak76 Wrote: Is there anyone out there who uses an add-on to export streams to the Kodi library called Osmosis? I have been using it for SlyGuy addons for a long time, because there is no other option (Netflix and Amazon addons have internal solutions). Unfortunately, Osmosis for HBO Max has stopped working for me and exports to the library do not work for me. I thought it was a problem in Kodi Omega Alfa 3, but the problem is also in Kodi Nexus... It always ends with the error "2023-10-05 19:01:23.770 T:10177 error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://slyguy.hbo.max/?_=_bookmarks". Export from Disney+ and others addons works. The problem is only with HBO Max. I have the latest version 0.11. I have no idea what the problem could be. Changes to Osmosis haven't been happening for a long time, so I guess there's something different about the HBO Max addon.

if the export addon is having a problem listing the contents of _bookmarks then disable it in settings or change the code removing the entry

https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/blob/master/slyguy.hbo.max/resources/lib/plugin.py#L44

-----

what is osmosis?

the problem is not in the bookmarks, nothing can be exported. I primarily export the watchlist, I just tried exporting from another HBO Max folder.

Osmosis is a third party library integration addon developed by the "Kodi Nerds" community group.

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre.../?pageNo=1

RE: HBO Max - davorf - 2023-10-05

Hello!

I've tried Osmosis few weeks ago, and it did merged HBO Max content with my library content. Haven't had any trouble doing it, but decided it's too hard to find my own content if it's all merged into the library. At that time HBO Max addon was working properly (no error about fetching JSON data), but the version of addon haven't changed since (0.11). So, maybe HBO Max made changes in their API that causes both, error in HBO Max addon and Osmosis.

Best regards,
Davor

(2023-10-05, 20:04)davorf Wrote: Hello!

I've tried Osmosis few weeks ago, and it did merged HBO Max content with my library content. Haven't had any trouble doing it, but decided it's too hard to find my own content if it's all merged into the library. At that time HBO Max addon was working properly (no error about fetching JSON data), but the version of addon haven't changed since (0.11). So, maybe HBO Max made changes in their API that causes both, error in HBO Max addon and Osmosis.

Best regards,
Davor
a few weeks ago it still worked for me, apparently the addon version hasn't changed either, so it's possible that something has changed directly in HBO Max. And could you please try it one more time, if the problem is not only with me and I have something wrongly set somewhere, although I see it as unlikely?

RE: HBO Max - Paco8 - 2023-11-11

Is it me or the addon doesn't work anymore on Android?

I can only play a few movies and old TV shows. New ones, like Wonder Woman 1984 won't play. There isn't any error, just playback never starts (blue circle spinning all the time).

This content does play on PC but in SD only.

I tested on an nvidia shield, a chromecast with google tv and a fire stick, it doesn't work on any of them.

Edit: the problem in android is fixed if I turn off the SlyProxy option in the SlyGuy common addon.
Edit 2: I think I find out the problem. When using the "bypass" or "disabled" in the playback quality option in the addon, it appears it sends all video streams to kodi, including those not supported by the device (like HDR and Dolby Vision), even if those formats are disabled in the addon settings. And when using the SlyProxy those unsupported streams seem to be at the top of the list. As a result kodi selects one of them and playback is not possible. Selecting another option in playback quality fixes the problem.

RE: HBO Max - curtisny - 2023-11-23

Running in to an issue activating the addon via code: Thanks for your help; love your work.

RE: HBO Max - matthuisman - 2023-11-24

@curtisny
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons/issues/454

RE: HBO Max - ten17eighty1 - 2024-01-05

In the meantime -- FWIW I don't know if this is an option outside of the US, but here you can subscribe to Max through Amazon and use the Prime VOD addon to access the Max content as well as the live channels. I had this before HBO Max was a thing, but Amazon dropped HBO for some reason for a few years.

RE: HBO Max - jamescalled69420 - 2024-01-17

(2023-01-22, 22:22)Sholander Wrote: Don't know about others, but from Amazon I'd go for new FireTV Cube:  https://www.firesticktricks.com/firestick-4k-vs-fire-tv-cube.html
(I don't need nor use Google Chromecast; can do everything I need without it Smile

FireTV Cubde is ❤️

RE: HBO Max - davorf - 2024-01-27

Hello!

Lately, I tried using HBO Max addon again, and, somehow, error that showed up before (Failed to fetch JSON) doesn't show up anymore. Everything works almost perfect (sometimes it doesn't start Movie/TV Show from the first try, it messes up resolution, but after going back and starting it again, it works), but I have one question, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. After an episode of TV show ends, I would like it to go to the next episode automatically. I've checked Play next episode in the HBO Max addon options (tried with Skip credits turned on and off), but after episode ends, it just goes back to Kodi home. Skip intro is off too by default. I also have "Up next" addon installed from Kodi official repository, but, when watching HBO Max, it doesn't pop up 15 seconds before episode end time (it's set to 15 seconds for all episode lengths), and it works when watching stuff from the library. Tried "Up next" with Skip credits turned both, on and off, too, so, I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Should I make some other changes to addon/Kodi settings too? 

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Davor

RE: HBO Max - matthuisman - 2024-01-27

are you in the usa and the HBO Max add-on is now working??

RE: HBO Max - davorf - 2024-01-27

Hello!

No, I'm in Bosnia (Europe), and it's still HBO Max here, but few months ago I had problems when I tried using addon - it showed Failed to fetch JSON when I tried playing anything. Now it works, and error message doesn't show up. 

Best regards,
Davor