Kodi Community Forum
Req Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Tvheadend (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=168)
+---- Thread: Req Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm (/showthread.php?tid=359189)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - giaur - 2020-12-17

My hardware connected to Tvheadend server does not support percentage meters, it only able to show signal parameters snr as dB and aignal strenght as dBm (actually, driver never returns percentage values, that way is considered as deprecated and not supported). Both are fine in Tvheadend web interfeace, values are visible. However, it looks like Kodi alwyas expects only percentage values and nothing is displayed (always 0/0). 

My request is to add support to dB/dBm to Kodi to display correct values in case when hardware does not support percentage values. Or, if it's alreade there, please show me how to enable it?

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - User 427324 - 2020-12-17

(2020-12-17, 10:00)giaur Wrote: My hardware connected to Tvheadend server does not support percentage meters, it only able to show signal parameters snr as dB and aignal strenght as dBm (actually, driver never returns percentage values, that way is considered as deprecated and not supported). Both are fine in Tvheadend web interfeace, values are visible. However, it looks like Kodi alwyas expects only percentage values and nothing is displayed (always 0/0). 

My request is to add support to dB/dBm to Kodi to display correct values in case when hardware does not support percentage values. Or, if it's alreade there, please show me how to enable it?
maybe this:
- Go to Setting => "PVR & Live TV"
- switch at the bottom left the gear wheel from < "Standard" I guess > to "Advanced" (by clicking on it)
- click on "Playback" (left row)
- switch "Show Signal Quality" (right window part)

with Keyboard-key "o" you'll see the signal strength

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - giaur - 2020-12-17

Nope. That will show percentage, in my case always 0

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - moej - 2021-09-25

Same happens to me, is there any fix?
Would be nice to know the current state of my tuner from the pvr-client.

Thx

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - giaur - 2021-09-25

(2021-09-25, 18:44)moej Wrote: Same happens to me, is there any fix?
Would be nice to know the current state of my tuner from the pvr-client.

Thx

I don't know any fix. And also I did not get any response from devs. So I guess it won't be fixed

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - JiRo - 2021-09-27

It is a matter of setting Tvheadend in Configuration > DVB Input > Adapters. Try setting the Force old status parameter for each adapter.

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - giaur - 2021-09-28

Nope. Most modern hardware does not support old status.

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - wolfgang61 - 2022-02-25

I might have the same problem.
The tvheadend web frontend does show correct values like SNR=14.2 dB and signal strength = -36.5 dBm, so it is not a driver problem.

But kodi always shows 0% for both values.

This is debian on both server and client.
Quote:
Code:
ii  kodi                                 5:19.3-dmo0+deb11u2                     amd64        Open Source Home Theatre (executable binaries)
ii  kodi-data                            5:19.3-dmo0+deb11u2                     all          Open Source Home Theatre (arch-independent data package)
ii  kodi-pvr-hts                         6:19.0.6-dmo0+deb11u1                   amd64        Kodi PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts
ii  tvheadend                            4.3~1975.g23754f9a6-dmo1+deb11u1        amd64        TV streaming server and recorder
ii  tvheadend-data                       4.3~1975.g23754f9a6-dmo1+deb11u1        all          TV streaming server and recorder

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - giaur - 2022-02-25

From what I see, nobdy willing to fix that and nobody cares. So, yes, there's no signal indicator in Kodi anymore.

Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - ksooo - 2022-02-25

(2022-02-25, 14:05)giaur Wrote: From what I see, nobdy willing to fix that and nobody cares. So, yes, there's no signal indicator in Kodi anymore.

First of all, this would need a change for tvheadend to offer those dbm values via HTSP API. Then and only then I could extend Kodi PVR core and the Kodi tvh Addon.

Open a feature request for tvheadend and let me know when it got implemented. I will be happy to adapt Kodi side of things then.

RE: Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - Ptersburg_34 - 2022-05-01

Kodi Tvheadend PVR signal

Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - ksooo - 2022-05-01

(2022-05-01, 01:55)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: Kodi Tvheadend PVR signal

Whether you get values > 0 depends on the tuner hardware/ driver combination you use in tvheadend. If the driver supports signal strength as percentage values you get it in Kodi, if not you end with 0 in Kodi.

As I said, nothing can be done on Kodi side currently.

Posing screen shots as evidence does not help. We know that the problem exists.

Tvheadend signal value

Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm - ksooo - 2022-05-01

(2022-05-01, 17:05)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: Tvheadend signal value

Again, tvheadend use interface displays the information, yes. I know this. But this does not mean it offers a programming interface for its clients to receive this data.

Stop posting pictures of things we know, especially without writing a single line of text what do you want to say us.

If there is no tvheadend signal value, kodi will not run, I think there is an error caused by kodi.