Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2024-03-04

Also okay đź‘Ť
Will I also get "my" Now Playing button in the bottom bar? 🤔

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-03-04

Sure, but I do still need to find a better place: https://ibb.co/9Yjqmb6

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2024-03-04

Have you ever considered harmonizing the grey tones used in the lower bar, in fact some buttons look as if they are disabled, others don’t?!
I would suggest to use the same white level for all active buttons, especially the Speakers Off button looks like a not available option.

Besides that I really love everything coming with your rework! (Final confirmation with respect to long song or movie titles pending Smile )

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-03-05

Much better symbols. Really appreciate you embracing the feedback. It was definitely worth it!

By the way, something I noticed in Apple Music I thought was cool - maybe neat to see it in the app.

For the volume and progress sliders you can tap and hold from anywhere and drag to adjust. This means you don’t need to grab the progress indicator point and drag.

I see this as more beneficial for bigger screens like iPads. Do you guys have any thoughts about that?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-03-05

1.14 (4259) has now been officially released on AppStore.

Thanks to everyone who supported testing, who reported issues and made suggestions and who of course reviewed the code, merged, built and uploaded it!

Next steps:
- TF build with current state of NowPlaying / UI rework
- Migrating to Xcode 15, will be shared via TF as dedicated build with this change only
- Start adding more changes to mainline

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-03-07

1.15 build 4259.42

New UI / NowPlaying test build is out!

• New and consistent gradient gray background for controllers
  • Updated play controls with centralized and highlighted PlayPause button
  • Shuffle/Repeat accessible on NowPlaying
  • iPad play controls move to NowPlaying screen
  • iPad NowPlaying fullscreen support
  • iPad bottom controls have aligned color (light gray)
  • Transparent navigation bar for iPhone NowPlaying
  • Removed Kodi logos from backgrounds in NowPlaying and connection status

Would be great, if someone with a device iOS < 15 can check, if there are any problems with the NowPlaying navigation bar. I assume it is just not transparent, but cannot test this on my side yet.

Bug: When entering the iPad NowPlaying fullscreen and then stopping playback (or it ends end of playlist) you are stuck in fullscreen and need to restart the app.

1.15 build 4264

Same content as the official release 1.14 (4259), but built with Xcode 15 SDK. Please report any glitch which is not seen with 1.14.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - kambala - 2024-03-07

(2024-03-07, 09:12)Buschel Wrote: 1.15 build 4264

Same content as the official release 1.14 (4259), but built with Xcode 15 SDK. Please report any glitch which is not seen with 1.14.

so far works fine in a very simple use case: connect to server and use remote control to play/pause/stop

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2024-03-07

(2024-03-07, 08:06)Buschel Wrote: 1.15 build 4259.42

New UI / NowPlaying test build is out!

This is such a fantastic evolution, such a big improvement. It looks so much fresher Smile
And, despite the one bug you already mentioned, it works flawlessly!
Wow! And a big thank you and thumbs up!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2024-03-07

@Buschel …but, just for the sake of consistency, could you please change the “full screen” arrows in full screen mode to the opposite arrows, as it is e.g. already done when you switch to full screen browsing?!

Yep, was thinking the same.

Edit:
I now found two solutions to keep the play controls visible.

1. Make play controls visible once the iPad stack view is initialized. This avoids a visual glitch during startup, but keeps the play control visible when no server is connected.
2. Let visibility of play controls follow the connection status (connected = controls visible, not connected = controls invisible).

The latter for me feels more natural, but of course you can only leave fullscreen if the server connection is up. Imho this is not really a problem as a user cannot do anything without a server connection.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-03-08

Currently out of town but used VPN to remote into Kodi system.

I like the new gradient style without header at the top.

I’ll be honest though, I’d much prefer a much darker gradient. I feel it’s way too bright currently.

Also the gradient seems to have some severe banding issues. It’s not very smooth. Is this something that can be smoothed out?

Also, did you deliberately adjust the volume slider? It’s smaller and not centered anymore. Seems to be offset to the left a little.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-03-08

(2024-03-08, 05:47)amasephy Wrote: I’ll be honest though, I’d much prefer a much darker gradient. I feel it’s way too bright currently.

Also the gradient seems to have some severe banding issues. It’s not very smooth. Is this something that can be smoothed out?
It's important for me you're honest. I can for sure make this darker in general. For the remote screen I might need to brighten it up a bit to make buttons recognizable. For now I am not planning to redo the buttons as this is -- here I am honest -- a nasty manual work. The background is just a scaled image of lower resolution. Using higher resolution images should be ok, but first the color and grading is important.
Can you by chance share the RGB grayscale you have in mind for the min and max value, or even share a png with 2:3 (portrait) aspect ratio?
(2024-03-08, 05:47)amasephy Wrote: Also, did you deliberately adjust the volume slider? It’s smaller and not centered anymore. Seems to be offset to the left a little.
Nice finding. This was a double bug. One I just introduced when changing the position on iPad, the other was an old layout bug which now had an impact as I increased the size of the volume lable which is only used on iPad. Fixed now.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-03-08

When I get home this weekend I can share a high resolution gradient png or any format you want. You can crop for any size and shape you need from there. I can create a few variants of gradient colors so we are all happy with the color.

I took a look at the source code for this app a few days back. Objective C seems very verbose to me. I am familiar with C# and have a bit of experience with configuring the gui with that platform. To me it seems very intuitive. Although with everything being manual work and having to support so many devices I can see how it is a nightmare for you to mess with it.

I agree, gradient color is important to get right. It cannot interfere with existing UI elements.