Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2022-11-06

(2022-11-06, 09:05)Buschel Wrote: This is how the current state looks like on a iPad 9G iOS16.0 simulator: Video
Very good! Smile
For a long time I was even not aware of this fanart fullscreen view feature, but I discovered some rather strange rotation problems during my tests yesterday. Then I was not able to reproduce these. But from your video, I am convinced that everything is fine now. Even the glitches I encountered…
Thanks again!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-06

1.11.1 build 3513
Release Notes

This build fixes the wrong background colors caused by the TVShows changes in the last TF build. @UlfSchmidt, please have a look. I tested a lot, but will be good to have someone else also double checking. In addition, I fixed a problem with pull-to-sync in iPad's fullscreen mode. This did only work once when the fullscreen was entered from a list view.

What's next:
Rotation support for iPad fullscreen. I have one final issue to resolve, but personally I can live with this: When you have 2 or 3 stack views active (e.g. albums > album titles > album info) and then start the fullscreen from the first view (e.g. albums), I currently need to drop the views and 2 and 3. After ending the fullscreen you only will have the first screen (e.g. albums) visible.

(2022-11-06, 10:54)Buschel Wrote: 1.11.1 build 3513
Release Notes

This build fixes the wrong background colors caused by the TVShows changes in the last TF build. @UlfSchmidt, please have a look. I tested a lot, but will be good to have someone else also double checking. In addition, I fixed a problem with pull-to-sync in iPad's fullscreen mode. This did only work once when the fullscreen was entered from a list view.

Confirm that everything is back to "green". Smile

But we may need to talk about the Music Videos views later again. I don’t understand why not the cover art is used here, but previews from the clips instead?

(2022-11-06, 11:35)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Confirm that everything is back to "green". Smile
Perfect, thanks!
(2022-11-06, 11:35)UlfSchmidt Wrote: But we may need to talk about the Music Videos views later again. I don’t understand why not the cover art is used here, but previews from the clips instead?
For me this looks different (screenshot). Seems to be related to your meta data. May I ask how the "recently added music videos" and the NowPlaying screen looks like when playing one of those, can you share screenshots?

That’s interesting.
My meta data there is a poster and fanart for each music video (simply similar to poster and fanart for movies):

"Recently added music videos", do you talk about this view? Here I would also expect to see on the left the posters associated with each video instead of a cropped video image, since on the right the fanart is correctly shown - and since the placeholder size suggests that something like a DVD cover art is expected here too and not something square:

Also NowPlaying doesn’t use the poster (as its is doing for movies), but a random snapshot from the video just playing:

Side note: In Kodi itself, everything looks fine. A comparison with Chorus doesn’t make sense, since Chorus is in fact build solely around the video snapshots… How do you manage to get your posters (or whatever these images are) shown?

The App only reads the "thumbnail", not "art". When I enable "art" I also get a "poster" for one of my videos, which is finally a screenshot of the video. Exactly the opposite of what you experience. Behaviour really depends on the meta data.

I am relying on what I can see here. Of course I could in general also request "art" from Kodi and let "poster" then dominate "thumbnail".

Edit: Just checked my Kodi 19.4 test system. It also shows the "thumbnails" and not the "poster".

(2022-11-06, 14:17)Buschel Wrote: The App only reads the "thumbnail", not "art". When I enable "art" I also get a "poster" for one of my videos, which is finally a screenshot of the video. Exactly the opposite of what you experience. Behaviour really depends on the meta data.
Seems that the App is quite lazy when it comes to music videos. Why not treat them like movies if similar meta data is available from Kodi server?
(2022-11-06, 14:17)Buschel Wrote: I am relying on what I can see here. Of course I could in general also request "art" from Kodi and let "poster" then dominate "thumbnail".
This would be my feature request Smile
But strange enough for me, that fanart is already processed and used by the App, but posters aren’t…

Maybe full support for music videos artwork like posters and fanart was not always available in Kodi? Even the official documentation is incomplete:
Music videos - Official Kodi Wiki

Well, for me it is *now* behaving just right with the test files and metadata I have (same thumbs shown in Kodi and the App). In my case I even do not receive any "fanart", it is empty.

Strange, since all placeholders in the App have DVD cover (i.e. poster) dimensions and the App fills them with cropped previews from the videos in a completely unmatching 16:9 format… Sad

I guess this caused by the not so great scrapers -- just tested to add a few other songs, same limited results. I am not creating any nfos on my own, simply not having enough time for this.

In fact, I stopped using scrapers a long time ago. Because I don’t have to maintain a huge complex App, I have the time to use Media Elch to manage my libraries. Smile

Nevertheless, nothing explains why the App has these portrait placeholders and why it fills these with landscape images. This is completely unrelated to any additional data I might have added using Media Elch. I would be already more than happy if the App would show the video previews correctly and not cropped:

@UlfSchmidt, you will like this one: PR#767. It does not change the size of the thumb or how it is being filled (aspect-fill), but "art" is now working as you can see from the screenshots. It was just not enabled as I never could test this. I now added a few fanart, clearlogo and poster images manually -- including a total temporary mess-up of my test system.

@Buschel , I knew I could count on you Smile

1.11.1 build 3513.42

@UlfSchmidt , @amasephy, this is a test build for the iPad fullscreen rotation. The code is not merged yet as I wanted to hear back from you. The build should support both iOS16 and iOS15 or earlier. The rotation should work for fullscreen grid view (incl. popovers) and fullscreen fanart.

Thanks, @kambala !

(2022-11-06, 20:56)Buschel Wrote: 1.11.1 build 3513.42

@UlfSchmidt , @amasephy, this is a test build for the iPad fullscreen rotation. The code is not merged yet as I wanted to hear back from you. The build should support both iOS16 and iOS15 or earlier. The rotation should work for fullscreen grid view (incl. popovers) and fullscreen fanart.

I am happy to confirm that with iPadOS 16.1 (20B82) on an iPad Air (3. Generation) everything works perfectly well. Smile
Good job @Buschel

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.