Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-06

@Buschel

A few observations. The problem I experienced before is now resolved and rotation is graceful and works exactly as expected.

I did find a slight glitch related to rotation though and a few other items.

1) If you bring up the details dialog window for TV shows in full screen for any shows in the bottom row problems start. For the two inner shows when the dialog is visible and rotation occurs the dialog gets stretched out. For the two in either corner the dialog disappears.

2) Somewhat petty observation, when in full screen ken burns and rotation occurs it’s not as graceful as the other full screen rotation. Probably not worth a lot of effort to fix this as I’m guessing it will be a pain to get working really nicely.

3) There still seems to be a problem when sneaking out of full screen ken burns. When the settings overlay window shows up gestures still aren’t working but if you tap on the ken burns window (now under the settings window) gestures will work. So, this is improved from the way it was before.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-07

(2022-11-06, 23:43)amasephy Wrote: 1) If you bring up the details dialog window for TV shows in full screen for any shows in the bottom row problems start. For the two inner shows when the dialog is visible and rotation occurs the dialog gets stretched out. For the two in either corner the dialog disappears.
I am sorry, but I cannot really follow your description. While playing around I could see the action sheet popovers (long pressing an item) do not behave correct. But I am not sure you meant this. Could you try in different words or just upload a video?
(2022-11-06, 23:43)amasephy Wrote: 2) Somewhat petty observation, when in full screen ken burns and rotation occurs it’s not as graceful as the other full screen rotation. Probably not worth a lot of effort to fix this as I’m guessing it will be a pain to get working really nicely.
If you refer to the animation fading out and in again: yes, this I cannot get rid of this for now. The Ken Burns animation needs to be re-initialized each time the screen dimensions change. Otherwise there are black areas left.
(2022-11-06, 23:43)amasephy Wrote: 3) There still seems to be a problem when sneaking out of full screen ken burns. When the settings overlay window shows up gestures still aren’t working but if you tap on the ken burns window (now under the settings window) gestures will work. So, this is improved from the way it was before.
The fix is not in yet Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-07

1) I had a feeling it would be an issue so prepared a video just in case. I just wasn’t set up to upload from iPad.

Here it is.

Description of what is going on.

Family Matters: long press to bring up dialog. Rotate screen. Dialog disappears.

Family Guy: long press to bring up dialog. Rotate. Dialog is now super stretched.

Chernobyl: dialog rotates correctly.

2) Yes that was exactly what I was talking about. It’s such an edge case I can’t imagine anyone really encountering in real usage nor it bothering anyone.

3) Ok, I wasn’t sure! Thank you. 🙂

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-07

Thanks for sharing. This looks like an iOS issue to me. Anyway, I already decided to just dismiss the action sheet when rotating. Reason being that the origin which the sheet points to is wrong after rotation (layout changes, e.g. different amount of columns and rows).

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-07

Good catch. I did not even notice it was doing that!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2022-11-08

Just a small thought of mine: Why is there for TV Shows even this pop up before showing the details window? For albums and movies, there is no such thing in between, i.e. if I tap an album or a movie, you know, I get the details displayed immediately. Why not implement it in the same way for TV shows? Why is this long press necessary followed by the pop up with exactly one single option before showing the series details?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-08

Oh, this is because I am not using an iPad and I really never bothered about it. The logic is like this for nearly a decade. Smile
Change: PR#769.

Edit: Video

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-08

I just went back and looked at this after watching the video and realized something.

Long press brings up a different popup. This should remain as is. It had an additional item to mark an entire TV show as watched. Tapping a TV show should work as UlfSchmidt stated.

I think you intend to do this anyway but figured I would mention it.

Secondly I found a slight bug related to the overlay for things like movies, tv shows etc.

The footer that has the buttons for things like movie collections, filters and sorting has a slight issue.

If you start a search by tapping in the search box but don’t type anything and press the dismiss keyboard button in the lower right corner the footer doesn’t come back. It will only come back if you press cancel.

Finally, a very minor visual glitch. When coming out of full screen view, for a split second you can see a sort button which I suspect is an artifact from before going full screen. (It appears in the same position). When leaving full screen the footer slides in from the left and quickly overlaps this “artifact”.

Edit: Regarding the search bar, if you start scrolling the list the keyboard gets dismissed but the footer doesn’t come back in this instance.

Edit 2: iPhone experiences the same issue regarding the footer. Shouldn’t the footer redisplay if there is no search term entered? Right now hitting cancel is the only way to bring it back.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-09

Thanks for letting me double check the long press function. Needed to update the PR slightly, and now it is working as intended: short press triggers the popover, long press the known action sheet.

On the briefly visible sort button: Confirmed. This was just the toolbar being drawn in the fullscreen view with full width before animating back to the smaller width. I now changed the order of the animation to improve this. These are the tiny fixes which make the UI feel better. Smile

On the keyboard dismiss: Confirmed. The toolbar is hidden as soon as the searchbar field editing starts. This is already triggered by just clicking into the searchbar. If you now dismiss the keyboard, you are still in editing mode, even though no filter is applied yet. To the user this looks like just being in the normal (non-search) list view, but the toolbar is missing. I now changed this logic to only hide the toolbar when in editing mode and having a non-empty search field. Really needs some more testing though. These kind of changes can easily backfire.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-10

1.11.1 build 3532
Release Notes

Next set of changes with a focus around iPad fullscreen, but also adding "art" support for music videos.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2022-11-10

(2022-11-10, 19:18)Buschel Wrote: 1.11.1 build 3532
Release Notes

Next set of changes with a focus around iPad fullscreen, but also adding "art" support for music videos.

Thanks @Buschel
Wow! All I asked for! Smile

And, for my limited use cases, no bugs so far. Maybe @amasephy discovers some glitches when doing some special gestures? ;-)

Go for public release imho

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-10

Thanks for the vote of confidence @UlfSchmidt !

Indeed I have discovered a nasty bug. But it’s not new as I went back to the special test build to check.

Basically you can generate any number of duplicate settings pane windows. To reproduce just bring up the remote and hit settings. Then bring up the remote again and tap settings. You now have two settings panes!

I found something else that is more of an annoyance than a bug.

If you are in full screen for TV shows then bring up show details. Then tap the TV icon in the upper right corner of the show details pane.

This should bring up a list of show seasons and then individual episodes. From here the only way to dismiss this overlay pane is to swipe down which reveals the search bar. End the swipe. Now swipe again to actually dismiss the pane. I think a long swipe down should override the forced viewing of the search pane and dismiss this window instead of having to swipe twice to escape this view.

Note for the above paragraph, pressing the remote button when the details pane is present simply dismisses this view and does not bring up the remote.

Finally, is it intentional that the remote gets dismissed when rotation occurs in fullscreen mode? It doesn’t get dismissed when not in fullscreen and rotation occurs.

Everything that was fixed for this build looks great. I don’t notice any issues with the fixes. 👍🏻

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-10

And right here we have the next reports.
1) The multiple settings panes were an issue since quite a while. Not on the prio list, but definitely an issue.
2) The popovers are dismissed by pressing any area outside the topmost popover. This happens when you think you press the remote. You just dismiss the topmost popover. No error, works as designed.
3) Also popovers stack up on top of each other. You need to dismiss them one after the other again.
4) I will check what happens when you swipe in fullscreen with an active popover. I remember there was an inconsistency with behavior of different iOS versions and swipe away popovers was not desired because of this. But I really didn‘t ever use the fullscreen popovers like this.
5) Rotation with fullscreen and remote I will also take a look at.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-11-11

Another minor iPad glitch. This has to do with the keyboard. My iOS keyboard is set to the split keyboard style where the keys are more towards the edge of the screen and a gap in the center separating the two halves.

When you bring up the keyboard (like when things in the search box) for a split second the gap is filled with the translucent background. Then it disappears and presents itself correctly as it does in other apps like safari.

Edit: the remote that comes up from the remote control panel looks like the first image where the translucent box stretches the width of the screen and simply stays that way. This makes a little more sense in this context tho because the text box is part of the keyboard area.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-11-11

4) Confirmed, happens only when showing popovers with a searchbar. Not regression though, was like this since the popovers in fullscreen were introduced for music (v1.9).
5) Confirmed and fixed. Came in when I decided to dismiss action sheets due the problem with the origin. The code simply dismissed all kinds of popovers, including the remote. Now it will specifically only dismiss the problematic action sheet.

@amasephy, how do you configure this keyboard split view?

Edit:
1) After I looked at this again over my breakfast coffee I found a debatable solution for this with a special treatment only for the custom button view. Any other instance of this can be removed from stack and the newly requested one is pushed on top of the stack. I tested this with having custom buttons view on top, and also with having them at the beginning or the middle of the stack. But you still can have multiple instances of the Kodi setting view when you entered "...more" already and do this again. I am still not 100% convinced of this ...