Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-12-26

What a nice gift to us users. Loaded with fixes! Thanks @Buschel

One thing I was happy to see was the scroll to expanded season episode view. I almost reported this but didn’t.

Regarding that fix it looks like there’s a couple of new bugs surrounding it. One is if you have the search bar active and you tap a season the active search should be dismissed. It doesn’t. On top of that, once you perform those actions you can’t dismiss the search via scroll.

Edit: on top of search not dismissing when scrolling, the search box itself is no longer functional.

Secondly related to this view, the scroll to expanded season is a little overly ambitious. My thought is that the view should scroll to the season header and then start the view at episode one in that expanded season. Now it scrolls way down to the bottom of the expanded season.

From what I can tell the other fixes that made it into this release look good.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-12-27

Hi and thanks for the feedback.
  1. expanding while search -> Confirmed. Fixed, but this needs again double checking many uses cases around this topic.
  2. overambitious scroll -> Confirmed. Funnily in my test data the series which allows me to work on this feature only has only 1 episode in each season. The current code scrolls the whole unfolded section into the visible area. I can change this very easily to move only the section header or the first episode of the section into the visible area. The latter feels best from playing around with this.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2022-12-28

More of an observation than anything but the volume slider with the gesture pad seems to translate more smoothly on the Kodi server OSD when adjusting volume. The volume circle on the TV adjusts just as smoothly as it does on the app with the gesture pad. With the normal volume slider it’s not a continuous smooth change. Really not much to be concerned about but figured I would mention it.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2022-12-28

You will be glad to see there is already a change to improve this a lot. It just didn’t make into the last build: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/pull/820

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-01-15

1.11.1 build 3712
Release Notes

This build is a release candidate for next version which we will bump up to 1.12 as it has not only hot fixes but quite some improvements and even features. Please especially have a look at the behaviour of the volume slider and buttons (short press and hold) as this was changed to have a smoother experience.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-01-15

Thanks for your continuous efforts, @Buschel

I only discovered the following minor glitches after intense testing (if these are really glitches or if it is intended behavior could be discussed too), none of these two should block you from releasing:
  1. Global Search: grouping of the results loses the group headers once starting to search for an item?
  2. Volume Control: the volume slider and volume +/- buttons are now also working for passthrough audio, but obviously don’t show no effect then. This was different at some point in time in the past, but obviously might be related to Kodi 20, not necessarily a bug in the App

I highly appreciate this improvement in this release: Scroll first episode of unfolded season into visible area Smile

Great work!

@UlfSchmidt, thanks for the quick check.

On the Global Search topic: Yes, this is intended and consistent with all other library view. As soon as you active a search there is only a single section left which shows the amount of results. I am aware that for some library entries this is not optimal, e.g. "Genesis" can result is showing artist, album, song, music video and possibly even a movie. A while back I created https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/issues/733 to not forget about this.

The volume control changes do not impact the command type, but only how often it is sent. Now updates happen more often which makes the usage smoother. I am also not aware of any behavioral change of Kodi 20 on this.

1.12 build 3715
Release Notes

This is identical to 1.11.1 (3712), but uses the desired version number 1.12. It is sent to AppStore for release review.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-01-15

(2023-01-15, 17:35)Buschel Wrote: @UlfSchmidt, thanks for the quick check.

On the Global Search topic: Yes, this is intended and consistent with all other library view. As soon as you active a search there is only a single section left which shows the amount of results. I am aware that for some library entries this is not optimal, e.g. "Genesis" can result is showing artist, album, song, music video and possibly even a movie. A while back I created https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/issues/733 to not forget about this.

How do you know that I have used in fact "Genesis" as search string? Some secret telemetry from the App? Wink

(2023-01-15, 18:04)UlfSchmidt Wrote: How do you know that I have used in fact "Genesis" as search string? Some secret telemetry from the App? Wink
No worries, there is no telemetry outside of the standard AppStore metrics -- which can be pretty helpful if it comes to crashes. I found this with my music database which also has quite some of Genesis. Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-01-17

Hi Buschel,

Thanks for the new beta. Overall looking really solid. It’s getting close!

Unfortunately I have some bad news for you. The settings menu still misbehaves. While it no longer shrinks into oblivion when resuming the app, some rows start shifting. Looks like it only does it once. Repeatedly resuming the app does not incur further shifting.

However, when entering edit mode for this menu screen and suspend/resuming the app it really goes wild with breaking the text.

Also, I see the light mode fix we talked about (the burger button) got implemented. However looks like a regression happened here. The “i” button to the left of it is now hard to read in light mode. This is the button that brings up the menu rename screen.

Please see screenshots. I suspect this slipped by you because only certain phrases seem to be affected. The edit scenario is far more edge case.

Regarding the fix we discussed about the seasons scrolling when expanding. I was honestly expecting it to work a little differently. It’s better than it was before but let’s say you expand a season that is near the bottom of the screen, only the first couple of episodes shift into view. What I think would be a better UX would be to scroll the season header to the top of the screen - this would make the most amount of episodes visible on the screen once someone has selected a season.

@UlfSchmidt - regarding the volume slider working even when in pass through mode, I’m pretty sure it’s working like it always has. I remember bringing up that issue last year. The app does not distinguish pass through mode. Kodi server simply ignores volume adjustment. Note, the same issue is present for physical remotes.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-01-17

This reminds me of the official Twitter App, showing even a more massive layout problem with all texts moved to the right after switching back to it. Maybe related to some iOS misbehavior?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-01-17

@amasephy, @UlfSchmidt, I confirm what you wrote.
(1) The unreadable info icon in light mode is fixed,
(2) The formatting problem I was not seeing during my test (possibly to few items and no setting with switch). It is even worse, if you resume during editing mode. I do not know why this happens yet.
(3) The season unfolding I will keep like it is for now. I only aim to find a solution for (2) and move on.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-01-18

Now I have found a solution / workaround for the issue (2). Need to discuss this with @kambala. Sometimes changes done for a different purpose (in this case unifying the loading and caching of cells), fall back on you...

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-01-19

1.12 build 3720
Release Notes

Bugfix: Improve readability of button rename icon in light mode
Bugfix: Fix custom button layout problems after sleep / resume (#837)

This fixes the last mentioned issues with the custom buttons.