Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-03

One after the other Smile
For now I played a bit with making the adjustment look smoother. Impression: https://www.dropbox.com/s/091d4oa1m53r3pe/Simulator%20Screen%20Recording%20-%20iPad%20Pro%20%2812.9-inch%29%20%285th%20generation%29%20-%202023-04-03%20at%2016.11.06.mp4?dl=0

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-04-03

Nice!
Are you on vacation? Wink

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-03

Yes, I am. Smile Last day though…

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-04-03

Lucky you! Keep pushing the last updates! Easter is next…

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-04

Is it not possible to avoid the header floating through the other pane as you are sliding it up or down to resize?

My thought was if you are increasing now playing pane size that the now playing grows as you slide the header upwards. Right now it looks like the resize event happens after you let go of the slider.

I tried to find an example of what effect I’m trying to portray but it’s not easy.

I am not sure if you use outlook for work but I’m thinking how how you can expand the area for the list of messages and the message preview area. It just dynamically expands as you slide the divider. It just has a really polished look and feel.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-04

I know what you have in mind, and I already tried it. But it doesn't work without further changes. I will look into this once I get time for this again.

Edit: Was simpler than I expected Smile -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfxppl33509cjna/Simulator%20Screen%20Recording%20-%20iPad%20Pro%20%2812.9-inch%29%20%286th%20generation%29%20-%202023-04-04%20at%2007.28.42.mp4?dl=0

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-04

That looks great!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-04-04

Both thumbs up!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-23

Welcome back!

During the downtime of the forum a new TestFlight build was released which migrated to XCode 14. This resolves some layout issues with the iPhone's newly introduced island (e.g. iPhone 14 Pro).

1.13 build 3841
Release Notes

Next week some major changes are expected to get merged: an updated NowPlaying and Remote message layout, the resizable left menu on iPads and support for randomized library view. A few other fixes and language updates should also be added.

Info: In the past week there were some massive problems with crashes of the remote App when using Kodi server nightly builds. A regression in the Kodi server API caused the App to crash. The regression in the Kodi server is already fixed, and I am already working on changes to make the App more robust in such case.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-04-24

Yes, welcome back!
I found a minor regression in the current App test flight:
When a Kodi server is shut down and the connection is lost, the background image of Now Playing is no longer removed, but remains as a shadow... Is this by intention?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-24

Good catch, this was a regression. Fixed it.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-24

Happy to see the usual suspects back on the forum! Been using the new test flight since release, no issues so far with iPhone usage. Did not have time for any iPad testing but looks like UlfSchmidt has that taken care of.

Looking forward to the big upcoming changes.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-26

This probably isn’t a regression, and I don’t recall reporting this before, but noticed a few peculiarities with the now playing list view.

The current playback time doesn’t match was Kodi server reports. It’s delayed by about a second. If you are using party mode there is about a two second delay due to the unloading and loading of songs from the queue.

When jumping around the playlist mid track, the time reported is the previous songs playback time before skipping, then it unwinds the time to start at zero. Is it possible to prevent this behavior? This little operation is probably what causes the de-synching.

Finally, if you go into edit mode and attempt to reorder the position of the currently playing item it will move back to its current position. As you know sometimes the “burger” button that lets you long press and drag the items order positioning isn’t always visible. One way I get it to always show up is to reorder some other item in the playlist. Then attempt to move the currently playing item.

As an aside, does anyone else here use mobile to access this forum? I’m noticing a lot of forum glitches while making this post. For starters I got logged out from my session yesterday, that never happened before. The post tools (the formatting buttons visible while writing a post) are not displayed correctly anymore, I can’t dismiss the keyboard by pressing the Done button on the keyboard, and I even had two failed logon attempts even though I use the built in iOS password manager? Very weird, hopefully these quirks are fixed. I know the forum is running on new software.

Edit: Here’s a nasty little bug I just discovered. Playing music. Go to the now playing list view. Change the category to either movies or pictures. Now go back to the normal now playing view. The scrubbing bar is now broken. Go back to list view. Set the music category. Go back to normal view. Scrubbing now works again.

Untested is every combination, ie movie playing scrubbing etc.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-26

On the dislayed time code: I guess that's caused by the concept of the current implementation, and I am not sure this can be easily changed. The app uses a 1-sec timer that pulls updates from Kodi, which includes the player (video, music, pictures), title, thumb, ... and current time. I am sure this is where delay comes from.

That the current time of a song is display for second when attempting to play a next is not a regression. It was like that before. I can look into this once we got the NowPlay updates in. I assume this can be solved.

On editing / removing current play song: nearly 1 year back I created an issue for this as a reminder (#645) and looked into this several times. I could not find a way to properly control this from iOS side.

Edit: The "scrubbing is broken" I am not able to see. Can you share the exact steps or share a video?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-26

I can make a video later but really all I did was populate the playlist using party mode just to quickly create one.

Start playing something.

Go to the now playing list view and change the list view to a list of movies (middle button).

Go back to the normal now playing view.

From here when I scrubbed ahead and let go of the slider it just jumped right back to where it was. I did an app restart to ensure it wasn’t a one time glitch.

Scrubbing only worked when the now playing playlist view was set to music.