Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-26

Ok, I just tested if the scrubbing panel comes up and moved it. I did not try to really use the slider to go to a certain time position. And I also did not use Party mode, this can also have an impact. Will try later.

Edit: Confirmed (not a regression) and fixed.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-26

Ok great to hear you found and fixed.

My apologies, I should have written a more descriptive post about how to reproduce initially.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-28

(2023-04-26, 01:33)amasephy Wrote: When jumping around the playlist mid track, the time reported is the previous songs playback time before skipping, then it unwinds the time to start at zero. Is it possible to prevent this behavior?
Fixed as well.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-04-29

Wow, that’s great to hear!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-04-30

1.13 build 3924
Release Notes

This build brings quite a lot of changes (details you find in the Release Notes link above), including the ability for re-sizeable iPad main menu, randomizable library view, updated messages' layout when changing subtitles / audiostreams and of course the updated NowPlaying view. Also several fixes for long standing and recent issues were added and finally some internal refactoring to improve stability and maintainability.

Thanks to @kambala who reviewed, challenged me to improve the code and -- as always -- merges and provides the builds!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-04-30

Hi @Buschel,

Great work!

I recognize that you updated the descriptor of TV episodes to SnEm in the playlist and Now Playing view, but this now no longer matches the way it is displayed in the Selection View of all series and episodes, which still shows nxmm. Could you please consider harmonizing this for consistency? In my personal opinion, the episode number itself would be sufficient when selecting a specific episode, since there is always a header showing the series number.

Everything else looks stable so far. Impressive!

First small regression found:
After watching a TV episode I started playback of a music track, but the playlist is not updated and still shows the TV episode, because it is not switching from movie playlist to music playlist. Never observed this before…
Oh, after switching back from this forum to the App, it refreshed the playlist?!

And, what I always wanted you to ask for, is to correct the slight misalignment to the left of the artist or movie logo in the Now Playing view. Maybe it’s only on the iPad, because no one else ever complained?

Thanks!

I will look at the artist logo position.

On the SxEx topic: sadly Kodi API reports the library view results in „1x01“ style, the app only displays like this. The only way I am aware of to make it consistent again is to use the old „1x01“ style for NowPlaying and Playlists again.

Shouldn’t be too difficult to split the string at the x? Wink
Or do you think doing so would endanger compatibility with Kodi Server API modifications?
Just my 2 cents…
(Everywhere in the world, even in the file naming conventions used by Kodi itself, s01e01 is used for the first episode in the first series. Who had the idea to convert this to 1x01 and why? Sad )

Exactly, assuming 1x01 will be sent forever is a problem. I guess this was done as S and E will not represent Season and Episode in each language — 1x01 is agnostic. Even though I agree this is weird as Kodi expects SxEx as naming convention for files as well.

Wait, just checked again and there might be a way, not using "label" but "title" from the API.

Edit: Finally figured out how to unify the display of season and episode. Another probable reason to use "1x01" is that this is easier to read as the numbers have full height and the "x" only half. E.g. "S5E4" is imho harder to read than "5x04".

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-05-01

(2023-04-30, 21:42)Buschel Wrote: I will look at the artist logo position.
You were right, the logo was a bit off towards the left (on all devices). Fixed.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-05-01

(2023-04-30, 18:33)UlfSchmidt Wrote: First small regression found:
After watching a TV episode I started playback of a music track, but the playlist is not updated and still shows the TV episode, because it is not switching from movie playlist to music playlist. Never observed this before…
Oh, after switching back from this forum to the App, it refreshed the playlist?!

@Buschel, can you also confirm this? Or do you need more information?

And I totally agree with your arguments on using the "x" instead of "S" and "E".  Wink

Great to hear that the logo is now centered too! Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-05-01

On the SxEx you can find some screenshots here: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/pull/888
Good thing is that after this code was merged it will be easy to change the layout at a central place. We can then decide based on usability how we want to have this displayed.

On the clearlogo you can find screenshots here: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/pull/887

The playlist issue I could not reproduce with a bit of playing around. I tried playing a TV Show episode, while playback then using another remote to start playing a music song. The playlist switched to show the music playlist. The way back (music to TV Show) worked same for me. Is there any different way you tested this?