Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-05-01

(2023-05-01, 12:08)Buschel Wrote: The playlist issue I could not reproduce with a bit of playing around. I tried playing a TV Show episode, while playback then using another remote to start playing a music song. The playlist switched to show the music playlist. The way back (music to TV Show) worked same for me. Is there any different way you tested this?
I also tried to reproduce this today quite often, but without success. When I observed it, the App in its Playlist view updated the previously watched TV episode instead of switching to the music playlist after I watched first said TV episode and then (after its end) started the playback of a song. So, the progress bar of the previously watched TV episode was suddenly active again.
But, it seems not to be reproducible at all… so no worries…

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-05-01

On the SxEx topic again. Kodi UI does it with different ways of displaying this (like the current App version does). Kodi UI uses 1x01 in the library view and S1E1 in the playing screen. As said, we can use it for while and then decide how to configure it finally for a next release.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-05-01

Briefly tested iPhone. Don’t see any issues. I like the new look of now playing. Looks like ipad got lots of deserved love this release. I may take a look there to see if I see anything obvious.

One note while testing, this has likely been an issue forever and is possibly a Kodi server limitation.

While attempting to add items to the queue, nothing happens when attempting this on a “movie collection” item. Adding individual movies can be added to the queue just fine as expected.

Edit:

Briefly looked at iPad and noticed this. It’s also an iPhone issue just easier to see on a bigger screen.

Grid view rounded corners seem to be bugged. Only some artworks are rounded. I went back to oldest available test flight and they all show the problem.

Edit 2: IPad only. Movie/Show details lost padding around labels. This is a regression from some point. I rolled way back and it wasn’t an issue in earlier builds.

(2023-05-01, 18:39)amasephy Wrote: Grid view rounded corners seem to be bugged. Only some artworks are rounded. I went back to oldest available test flight and they all show the problem.
If even older version show the same problem I assume the problem is with the cached images. I am also not seeing any such problem on my simulator (tried with iOS 14 / iOS 16 and the movies grid view and full screen). Can you try to delete the cache (can be done via settings and then restarting the App), or the harder way via removing the App from the drive and freshly re-install again.

(2023-05-01, 18:39)amasephy Wrote: Edit 2: IPad only. Movie/Show details lost padding around labels. This is a regression from some point. I rolled way back and it wasn’t an issue in earlier builds.
Clearly a side effect of the migration to the Xcode version. Even when building 1.12.1 (the current app store version) it looks like this on devices withe newer iOS. Same device on iOS 14.5 works as expected. This is exactly the layout stuff which takes a lot of time and is tedious to fix...

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-05-01

I had wiped the app entirely when we were testing the long load times for artwork. I just cleared the cache but the images exhibit the same issue. I can tell the cache was cleaned as there was a slight delay before showing the poster art. The same images that worked fine before are the ones that still look fine. The rest remain with an incorrect rounding.

Be curious if I’m the only one exhibiting it. Interesting that it’s a problem on both my iPad and iPhone.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-05-01

(2023-05-01, 21:09)amasephy Wrote: Be curious if I’m the only one exhibiting it. Interesting that it’s a problem on both my iPad and iPhone.

I share your experience with non-working rounded corners. Since I have these normally turned off, this issue wasn’t visible for me.

Really strange, I am not seeing this at all until now. Can you share your exact iPad model and iOS you use? For debugging it will also be helpful to share more about the mode in wich you are: fullscreen or normal grid view, which main menu (movies, TV show,  recently added albums, ...), landscape or portrait. If you look into the screenshot this looks like the rounded corners are applied to frames but the pictures are not using the full width of the frame. Maybe this is just some problem with the picture not fully filling the frames.

@kambala, I looked into the padding issue reported by @amasephy. The UIToolbar really behaves different over various iOS versions (a rework with fixed width spacer works in iOS 16, but now looks screwed in iOS 14.5). Is there any hint, or shall I just leave it and migrate to a standard UIView instead?

Ah, I guess my last comment on picture aspect ratios might be the problem. I see similar problems, if I just resize my images (reducing the width). The non-working rounded corners can in this case be easily fixed (using ScaleAspectToFill instead of ScaleAspectToFit), but I need to review this and check for other possible glitches.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-05-02

I assume you are onto something but for me it’s just the normal grid layout view for movies or tv shows. Everywhere else rounded corners works fine.

iPad gen 8, iPhone mini 12 both on 16.4.x

I never bothered to look hard before but could this be related to one of the earliest bugs I reported to you here? The massive stuttering I reported when rounded corners were enabled? That was over two years ago I suspect. I’m pretty sure I disabled rounded corners after we tested your fix and never paid any attention to it until now.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-05-02

The code change that I currently suspect is two years old (related to introduction of station logos for recordings). As it only happens when the cover images do not have the expected aspect ratio, and mine seem to be ok, I did not pay attention to it yet.
What finally made me look into the right direction was your latest screenshot which shows signs of frames with seemingly correct rounded edges, but the covers not filling the frame, combined with the freshly synced images. We will see with one of the next builds.

Except the navigation item padding (UIToolbar problems) I raised PRs for all reported problems. @kambala, this time these are very small code changes. Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - kambala - 2023-05-02

(2023-05-01, 21:57)Buschel Wrote: @kambala, I looked into the padding issue reported by @amasephy. The UIToolbar really behaves different over various iOS versions (a rework with fixed width spacer works in iOS 16, but now looks screwed in iOS 14.5). Is there any hint, or shall I just leave it and migrate to a standard UIView instead?

no idea, sorry. Can only suggest to check docs for new APIs.
Quote:this time these are very small code changes
that's great Smile

(2023-05-02, 18:45)kambala Wrote: no idea, sorry. Can only suggest to check docs for new APIs.
Ok, thanks. Then I will go for UIView. Already did the same for another UIToolbar which caused problems.

Edit: Found a solution to keep UIToolbar and apply the trick to remove auto-padding described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48543542/uitoolbar-left-and-right-spacing-when-rotating-device-in-ios11 This needs more testing on different iOS versions (currently only checked with iOS 14.5 and iOS 16.2 simulators).

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-05-08

1.13 build 3953
Release Notes

The new build provides many (small) fixes for layout problems reported here and via GitHub, an update to sdwebimage 3.8.3 (image loader / cache) and some refactoring to reduce code complexity.

@amasephy, will be great if you could check if this build resolves the rounded edges issues you reported recently.

@UlfSchmidt, now the season / episode naming is consistently following "SxEy". To improve readability there are some more options possible, e.g. not using capital letters which will improve distinction of characters and numbers (e.g. s1e2, s7e12). Also it is an option to always use 2-digit numbers (e.g. e01s02, s07e12).

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-05-08

Thanks Buschel,

Rounded corners working fine here.