Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-04

Will check this with another Kodi 20.x instance.

Which subset of EXIF data to show I took from several web pages which pointed out the most important sets. Of course there can be more data added, just let me know what is really required. I would like to limit this to the most important stuff to not overload the screen -- especially on smaller screens this is already too much.

Edit: Quickly checked with Kodi 21.0 ALPHA -> Also nearly all of the responses are empty strings (""). Looks to me like an issue with the Kodi API. The current specification of InfoLabels (https://xbmc.github.io/docs.kodi.tv/master/kodi-base/d5/d11/modules__infolabels_boolean_conditions.html) still supports the requested labels.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-06-04

No, the subset you’ve selected is fine, only the camera manufacturer is missing from my point of view.
In order to make the most of the available space, I would suggest to show also for images three lines of information on the bottom of the Now Playing screen, maybe:

Image name
Date and Time taken
Camera manufacturer and model name

These data could be always shown, similar to the interpret and album names when playing music…
What do you think?

Sadly, this is not that straight forward because the information source and the implementation is different for the overlay screen and the NowPlaying info itself.

I am even in doubt whether I should switch off the feature again for the next release. If the latest Kodi version has problems with it, this will only cause bug reports.

Please, continue to show at least the information that is always available (date, time, camera type) - at least for my use cases this would be already of big help (as I often discuss with my wife who took some specific picture and when Wink )

First, I started thread in the JSON section of the forum to seek for help on the API issue: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373390

I understand your wish to add more NowPlaying info for pictures, but -- even though possible -- this is not in line with the current implementation and would need a specific solution only for pictures. For now I am not planning to work on this as NowPlaying is anyway quite complex and I am not eager to cause regressions in this area.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind if the EXIF information remains shown as in the current TestFlight, even with fewer fields. My comment was solely referring to “I am even in doubt whether I should switch off the feature again for the next release”. Because that would be a pity from my point of view.

Ah, ok. Then I really got you wrong. Let's see how quickly this can be fixed in Kodi server. Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-06-05

Hi @Buschel,
another observation:
Quote: XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: {
method = "VideoLibrary.GetSeasons";
stack = {
message = "array element at index 6 does not match";
name = "Item.Fields.Base";
property = {
message = "Received value does not match any of the defined enum values";
type = string;
};
type = array;
};
}

METHOD
VideoLibrary.GetSeasons

PARAMETERS
{properties=(season,thumbnail,tvshowid,playcount,episode,art,title);sort={ignorearticle=0;method=label;order=ascending;};tvshowid=20;}

…when I select any of my TV Series, but only on Kodi 17.6. Sad

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-06-05

Also on 17.6: doppelt gemoppelt

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-05

It is disheartening how different Kodi versions behave. It makes it so hard to test changes. With which version of the App did the API error start?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-06-06

If necessary, I can do some rechecks, but I am quite sure that the API error was introduced with the most recent changes (showing episode numbers like album track numbers) -> 1.13 (3993)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-06

Looks like I found the root cause. It was the fix for enqueueing items after the first episode renaming change which was added with the last TF build. I now use the parameter "title" when requesting "VideoLibrary.GetSeasons", but this is only support since JSON API v10 -- my fault, I was simply overseeing this when checking for compatibility. I will look into this later today.

Regarding the leading "08." before the episode title I cannot really do anything about it. This is obviously the "title" which Kodi provides, as it before was providing the "label" "1x08. Something". At least the App displays as desired for newer Kodi versions.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-06-07

Thanks for the new build.

Just want to report that I’m experiencing rather noticeable stutter in the TV show episode list view when you expand a season.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-07

Just tested this and also see some stutter which started with TF 1.13 (3953). It seems ok with 1.13 (3924). It also was stuttering with the two test builds to check for your loading problems: 1.13 (3779) and 1.13 (3780). Can you also check this and confirm? I also only see this with the episode view. Same for you?

Edit: Did some test, especially as even 1.13 (3779) stutters. Looks like the migration to the updated Open Source package sd-webimage-downloader caused the problem. This migration removed a Remote App specific change to scale (down) images once while downloading and before adding them to the cache. Now the images are scaled to the desired size each time when becoming visible, e.g. while scrolling. I obviously need to see if I can re-add this optimization to the code again.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-07

1.13 build 3993.42

@UlfSchmidt, can you double check with this test build, if the API error when entering TV Shows on Kodi 17.6 is fixed?