Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-06-07

(2023-06-07, 09:45)Buschel Wrote: 1.13 build 3993.42

@UlfSchmidt, can you double check with this test build, if the API error when entering TV Shows on Kodi 17.6 is fixed?

Yes, it is. Well done. Works like a charm. Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-07

Great, thanks for bringing this up.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-07

1.13 build 3993.43

This test build which resolve the stuttering when scrolling in some lists, e.g. episode view. @amasephy, can you please check this?

@kambala, thanks for your continued support to provide the TF builds!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-06-08

Thanks Buschel, this test build resolves the stutter issue.

I just noticed another issue. Starting at build 3924 - the one you introduced smooth rotating now playing animation - there is a visual glitch now. A black horizontal bar can be seen at the top while flipping between the views. It is not present prior to this build. To reproduce just load up an empty now playing session.

Edit: another new issue. Glitched tv show season episode view animation while expanding additional seasons. The episodes expand from above the season header - overlapping the preceding season.

Here’s the glitch in action.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-08

Thanks for confirming the fix works.

The other two issues I am aware of. The first one I hope to be able to fix, the latter I do not currently have any idea on how to resolve. But this is nothing new.

Edit:
First issue fixed.
For there 2nd I now found a way to make this less disturbing (now the animation does not start above the section header, but each new episode is expanding): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyltswdkifmah6g/Simulator%20Screen%20Recording%20-%20iPhone%2014%20Pro%20-%202023-06-08%20at%2013.01.51.mp4?dl=0.
But still there is the glitch where the whole list "jumps". I really have no idea how to resolve, but to me it looks like this happens when the whole visible list of episodes first time reaches near the bottom of the list's frame. @kambala, the bottom inset is 0 and the frame is set properly. Any idea where to look at?

There appears to be a side effect to the new scaling solution implemented in the special fix for stuttering. The images for movie poster art has a problem loading in full resolution images. They’re loading it as very low resolution. I’m not sure what triggered the first few rows to be full resolution. Initially every row was low resolution but now the first two are the only proper ones. I noticed this on iPhone too but when I alternated which TF build I was using the problem went away. Obviously that’s not a solution for the release build.

Edit: it’s loading in full resolution images eventually but taking an eternity. On the order of several minutes per row.

Also I detect a tiny amount of stutter when scrolling in full screen on my iPad. Generally occurs near the end of a scroll movement. It apparat’s as one single jerky motion.

I did a change and hope to get a TF build out soon. I found one bug in the code and also saw reduced resolution when rolling this back to what was used in the last TF build. I hope this is fixed then for you as well. Why loading takes ages I cannot tell. But I remember you reported something like this before, so it might be related to your setup. Most of the thumbs will now be reloaded.

Sounds good. From what I could tell when I let it sit earlier was that it simply stopped loading the high resolution art after the first couple of rows and never resumed. So I was stuck with low resolution for the rest of them no matter how long I let it sit there and wait.

For the other issue with art loading that was just slow loading at all but not anywhere near what I’m experiencing now.

1.13 build 3993.44

Next test build to resolve stuttering when scrolling, this now should provide high resolution thumbs again (if available). You might need to remove the image cache. This can be done via removing the app complete and reinstall, or via enabling the setting „remove cache at start“ and then restarting the app.

Thanks Buschel,

Testing will have to wait until Monday for me as I will be out of town. Will report back then!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-09

Needed to dig further into this and found one more bug which is still present in 1.13 build 3993.44. For testing you will need to remove the cache, then test (all images should have the desired high resolution and scrolling should not stutter), but this will not persist. After restart the images are still of high quality, but stuttering will be back. Reason is, that the downscaled images are not persisted properly.

I already updated the PR, but it will not be able to push another TF before next week.

Edit: The sdwebimage migration needed a lot more tweaking than I thought, but I am confident this is in good shape now. The cache paths changed and the file naming changed. The rework also let me recognize some outdated clear-cache implementation in the App which I now updated and recognize an improvement opportunity for playlist thumbs (which should have a higher quality as also pre-scaled cached images are used).

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-06-12

Thanks for putting in the unexpected extra work on this.

So to be clear, am I needing to waiting for the next build before testing?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-12

Yes, please wait.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-06-15

1.13 build 3993.45

This has all the latest rework for image scaling and cacheing. If you had installed and used one of the former image cache related builds, please clean the cache (can be done in settings and then restart the app). If you do not delete the cache, you might still see stuttering as the downscaled images were not cached properly and only full-size images were added to cache.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-06-16

Just tested on iPhone. I’m still getting a little bit of stutter on tv show season - episode lists. Even in an instance where there is no season poster art.

I can post video showing it if you need it. Will report back on iPad tomorrow.

Edit: Stutter only happens in that one view when rounded corners are enabled. Disabled it’s gone entirely.