Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-14

Do you have any menu item enabled by default, like letting the App move to "Movies" right after connecting?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-10-14

I have it set to remote by default.

However I’ll note that on occasion the app doesn’t appear to navigate to it after resuming from a period of time from sleep.

Thanks, from reviewing the code I cannot see how the connection icon could be replaced by the headphone icon. Really weird. What I can see is that there is a potential issue with updating menu items scrolled out of view in combination with disconnecting/connecting Kodi server (e.g. by shutdown or restart of server). Not a big deal though, and not what you refer to. Will fix this nevertheless.

My Kodi server does shut down in between those sleep times with the app. So shut down Kodi server, then suspend iOS app. Restart Kodi server some time later and then resume iOS app.

Probably doesn’t change anything in regards to isolating this issue.

The is points to sleep in combination with server connect/disconnect in your use case.

I have suspected something along those lines. Generally when I think to see if the issue manifests after awhile it almost always will trigger. Then if I try right away again after relaunching iOS app as fresh start I find it impossible to trigger the bug no matter how long I keep at it.

Going to make it nearly impossible to isolate. This is one of those scenarios where it would be nice if the app had some sort of logging built in that we could submit.

Probably a big ask to create this but what would it take to implement some sort of logger that could be enabled like Kodi server has?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - kambala - 2023-10-14

(2023-10-14, 14:38)Buschel Wrote: from reviewing the code I cannot see how the connection icon could be replaced by the headphone icon

if they're inside a cell, then it could be due to cell reuse

(2023-10-14, 23:11)kambala Wrote:
(2023-10-14, 14:38)Buschel Wrote: from reviewing the code I cannot see how the connection icon could be replaced by the headphone icon

if they're inside a cell, then it could be due to cell reuse

Yes, they are in a cell. But isn't cellForRowAtIndexPath called again, even when cell re-use is done? Because in cellForRowAtIndexPath each cell gets the icon set again freshly, and especially for row "0" only the connection status icons are set.

Edit: Now If found something, which could explain the situation in case of cell re-use: https://github.com/wutschel/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/tree/fix_menu_icon. The highlightedImage was not reset for row 0, which could result in keeping the formerly set highlightedImage -- e.g. a music icon. This perfectly matches the screenshot, where a wrong white icon was shown, which is the highlighted / selected icon type.

Edit2: If the selection state is also persistent for a cell, then re-use can also cause the other issue (mutliple selected menu items). Seems we're getting near. Wink

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-15

Got it. All was related to cell re-use. See https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/pull/943 for the details.

@amasephy, in fact there were no multiple selected items, but the wrong (brighter) background color was used.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-10-15

Incredible that you were able to find and fix so quickly. So it turns out noticing the server icon changing was a big factor in identifying this after all!

Very big thumbs up on this! Thank you for your persistence. 👍🏻

Yep, the hint towards the wrong icon really helped. So, last days before release we could really fix some long lasting glitches, improve robustness (there were some unexpected crashes reported) and add some more help in case of connection issues. I hope the latter lets more first-time users figure out what's wrong in their setup instead of just giving up.

I also forgot to mention. When setting up the connection to my windows box, I was finally able to use the “Find Kodi” option in the app and have it work for me.

It successfully found the server instance. A few observations:

The MAC wasn’t populated but it didn’t seem to matter? Is there a reason the app even requests this info? My connection worked without ever populating this info.

Secondly, is there a way to pull the user name from Kodi server and have that populated automatically when using Find Kodi?

1. Obtaining MAC
The MAC address cannot be obtained automatically since several iOS versions. Apple removed the support. This still works on OSX though.

2. Using MAC
The MAC address can be used for Wake-On-LAN. With this you can wake up your Kodi server, if supported by the hardware.

3. User name
You ask for the login user name? If so, this is not desired for Security reasons.

Thank you for the explanations.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-21

1.13 build 4099
Release Notes

The tranlsation updates could be finalized and all open changes got merged into this new build. It fixes the recently discussed main menu glitches, a minor color issue with toolbar icons, moves the preference for IPv4, IPv6 and host name from the settings menu directly to "Find Kodi" and adds two online links to help users resolve connection issues. In the next days I expect another translation update for the newly added strings, but overall this is very close to the 1.13 release.