Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-10-23

The new build looks very promising from my point of view. I couldn’t find any glitches during extensive testing. But I am obviously not @amasephy who seems to have very different use cases… Wink

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-10-24

Thanks for the laughs UlfSchmidt!

I have indeed found a bug. This time it’s iPad only.

Load up some content such as starting party mode so the now playing playlist has some entries.

Now navigate to the Add Host pane.

Tap either of the new hyperlinks (Wiki or Forum)

Close the browser window by hitting Done.

The Now Playing Playlist list has now disappeared.

Toggling one of the other views (Music, Video, Picture) refreshes the list and once again the existing playlist is revealed.

I don’t think it’s just that the browser is brought up causing this. I was so surprised by this behavior I decided to bring up the browser another way and see if it did the same thing. If you know how, bringing up the Wikipedia entry on music info for an album does not trigger the same Now Playing disappearing act.

Everything that was fixed for this build seems find on my iPhone.

Overall excellent build! 👍🏻

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-10-24

Yeah, I remember that I reported in the past also some issues with the playlist pane, but these were almost always not reproducible. I fear these are still there, but as they really do appear very rarely, it might be still difficult to solve these.

One of these issues (and the only reproducible one) is that the remote gets stuck when you start a slide show on a folder containing more than just a few images, as the queuing process forces a refresh for each image added and the redrawing of the playlist simply is by far too slow…

Nevertheless, as you wrote, an overall excellent build!

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-24

Thanks, guys! I can easily reproduce the vanishing playlist on iPad. For me this even happens when calling the browser via Wikipedia search. Locally I have found ways to keep the playlist visible, but I would to review a bit deeper into this. I expect this can be fixed for the release with a small code change. Btw, this happens since 1.10 when a change was introduced to not reload iPhone playlist if not needed.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-25

Fixed this with https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/pull/945. This now keeps the playlist up, the editing mode active and the NowPlaying overlay visible when coming back from the browser. The related code is 7-11 years old, I tested this on iPhone as well and could not observe any side effects. On iPhone the view is anyway deallocated after reaching this point.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-10-25

Sounds good.

Side note: has any testing with iOS 17 taken place? I haven’t upgraded yet so just curious if there are known or anticipated issues.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-10-26

(2023-10-25, 23:54)amasephy Wrote: Side note: has any testing with iOS 17 taken place? I haven’t upgraded yet so just curious if there are known or anticipated issues.

Yes, I did my testing on an iPad with iOS 17.0.3. No issues observed. Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-10-26

After updates to Kodi 21 and iOS 17.1 I did some additional testing and came along the following (which shouldn’t be related to any version change at all):

- There is an option which is called „Beschriftung in Kachelansicht ausblenden“ in German and this does not seem to have any effect Sad
- But everything else still works as expected Smile

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-26

For me this works as expected. This is the title which is shown as overlay at the bottom of covers in "grid view".

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-10-30

(2023-10-26, 18:45)Buschel Wrote: For me this works as expected. This is the title which is shown as overlay at the bottom of covers in "grid view".
Sorry @Buschel, I missed your answer.

This is how it looks with the option set to „on“, for my understanding with labels suppressed:

And this is it with the option set of to „off“:

Shouldn’t this look different somehow? Or am I just completely mistaken and the option means something completely different?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-30

Just recognized that you refer to fullscreen mode, which I did not check before. I only tested the standard grid view. Will look into this.

(Edited to respond in English)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2023-10-30

I quickly checked this issue and it’s actually a bug in iOS 16 on my iPad as well. So not a regression with iOS 17. I’m sure Buschel will quickly know how long it’s been a bug. 🙂

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-30

Seems like this was never implemented any different. In fullscreen mode the labels were simply always shown ... I can change this quite easily to this: https://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2023-10bti79.png (left = as is, right = with setting taking effect).

I just need to spend some time to review the horizontal spacing. Ideally this should be identical to the horizontal spacing, which depends on the screen size.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2023-10-31

(2023-10-30, 23:57)Buschel Wrote: Seems like this was never implemented any different. In fullscreen mode the labels were simply always shown ... I can change this quite easily to this: https://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2023-10bti79.png (left = as is, right = with setting taking effect).

Oh no, not these rounded corners again! Wink

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2023-10-31

(2023-10-31, 00:30)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Oh no, not these rounded corners again! Wink
Of course, I love it Smile

I looked into the layout code and this needs a bit more rework, but can then even become a lot better than right now. Currently the fullscreen just uses the same item sizes as the grid view. This is why there are some bigger horizontal spacings between the items for some iPad screen sizes. This can be reworked to let the items have exactly the size they need to always have the desired (minor) spacing between them. But I really need to test the different options and how this looks. So, nothing for the next release. The App lived with this for more than 7 years, so it can hopefully live with this another few weeks. Wink