Kodi Community Forum
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV (/showthread.php?tid=360018)

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Schrotty - 2021-02-19

@fandangos can you update too final Kodi 19 please?

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - afss - 2021-02-19

(2021-02-19, 18:41)Schrotty Wrote: @fandangos can you update too final Kodi 19 please?

Please, it would be great to have Final Kodi 19 with DV support (64bits) !

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - fandangos - 2021-02-20

I'll try but no promises.

I'm really short on time my kid is almost here so this is taking a lot of time to have everything ready.

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - lemkeant - 2021-02-20

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for building this. We really appreciate it (and hope you build a version based on final Big Grin )

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Angelots - 2021-02-20

(2021-02-20, 01:46)fandangos Wrote: I'll try but no promises.

I'm really short on time my kid is almost here so this is taking a lot of time to have everything ready.

“For video, most of the changes are more technical, and may depend on your hardware: AV1 software decoding, HLG HDR and static HDR10 playback on Windows 10, static HDR10 and dynamic Dolby Vision HDR support on Android, and more OpenGL bicubic scalers.“

Release Kodi 19

Vision is now supported?!?

Kodi 19 Matrix - 32bit

Kodi 19 Matrix - 64bit

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - fandangos - 2021-02-20

Dolby Vision works on main Kodi and with the Nvidia Shield but only from mp4.

There are a few things this build does that isn't part of main Kodi:
1. MKV dolby vision.
2. Dolby Vision support for FireStick.

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - mattmarsden - 2021-02-20

Has anyone got a Leia build of this...please!!!!

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - ScratchInside - 2021-02-20

It seems, the microstuttering could be from the gdrive addon. I couldn't play my mp4 DV smoothly they'll pause so many times through the addon, but if I download it and play it locally it plays perfect. 
For mkv DV no pauses but there's microstuttering. I haven't tested playing mkv DV locally.

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Angelots - 2021-02-20

(2021-02-15, 00:28)fandangos Wrote: Are you getting the same error as me and quietvoid had?

Can you post the error here?
I remember googling it and this was very common but no answer has been found.
Can't remember from the top of my head but I believe I can get some ideas from Team Kodi.

At least I can ask, right? Smile
make -C tools/depends/target/cmakebuildsys

Determining if the function iconv exists failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/ang/kodi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_b55a8/fast"
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ang/kodi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/ang/kodi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
/home/ang/android-tools/arm-linux-androideabi-vanilla/android-21/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-clang   -DANDROID -D__ANDROID_API__=21 -fexceptions -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -no-canonical-prefixes -fPIC -DPIC -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -Og -g -D_DEBUG  -I/home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/include/android-21 -isystem /home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/include -Wall -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=iconv   -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o   -c /home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_b55a8
/home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/home/ang/android-tools/arm-linux-androideabi-vanilla/android-21/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-clang -DANDROID -D__ANDROID_API__=21 -fexceptions -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -no-canonical-prefixes -fPIC -DPIC -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -Og -g -D_DEBUG  -I/home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/include/android-21 -isystem /home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/include -Wall -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=iconv  -L/home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/lib -Wl,--exclude-libs,libgcc.a -Wl,--exclude-libs,libatomic.a -L/home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/lib/android-21 -Wl,--exclude-libs,libunwind.a    CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o  -o cmTC_b55a8 /home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-21-debug/lib/libiconv.a
/home/ang/android-tools/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c:17: error: undefined reference to 'iconv'
clang90: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_b55a8.dir/build.make:88: cmTC_b55a8] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ang/kodi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:121: cmTC_b55a8/fast] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ang/kodi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

and if I ignore it and continue ...  I get this error.[font]ang@ang-VirtualBox[/font]:[font]~/kodi/build[/font]$ make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I have manage to edit something and continue, but building it will always stop with an error. I can try to recreate the error, but I think its smarter to fix this error first.

These errors are Leia branch specific

I had the same error with pcres or some other addon that I can't remember. 

You can always try to build this iconv again with
$ make -C target/iconv distclean
or whatever the folder it is or name it has. 

But even trying that I could never figure out Leia too.

Maybe @fritsch have some idea?

(2021-02-20, 16:41)fandangos Wrote: I had the same error with pcres or some other addon that I can't remember. 

This wasn’t even the only thing, had some other errors I had to tweak so it would work until this point. The tutorial is definitely outdated

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - eddownz - 2021-02-20

Hi guys, just letting you know that I am getting flawless playback (at least I believe so) of Dolby Vision MKVs using the 32 bit version of this build on my tube nvidia shield. Thank all so much for the brilliant work.

(2021-02-20, 16:45)Angelots Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 16:41)fandangos Wrote: I had the same error with pcres or some other addon that I can't remember. 

This wasn’t even the only thing, had some other errors I had to tweak so it would work until this point. The tutorial is definitely outdated

The tutorial is not outdated but probably a few things changed since the old days of Leia. 

To be really honest with you, I see no reason to use Leia, at all.
Uless you need some outdated addon and in this case, you are doing the work backwards, instead of trying to compile Leia, you should ask the addon developer to bring it to python 3.

(2021-02-20, 16:52)eddownz Wrote: Hi guys, just letting you know that I am getting flawless playback (at least I believe so) of Dolby Vision MKVs using the 32 bit version of this build on my tube nvidia shield. Thank all so much for the brilliant work.

Okay, after some further testing, whilst it is playing dolby vision, the vast majority of movies just end up freezing after a while, sometimes I can skip the movie forward and it will carry on but unfortunately cannot watch a movie all the way through. Just lots of freezing but no buffering issues per se.

(2021-02-20, 17:38)eddownz Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 16:52)eddownz Wrote: Hi guys, just letting you know that I am getting flawless playback (at least I believe so) of Dolby Vision MKVs using the 32 bit version of this build on my tube nvidia shield. Thank all so much for the brilliant work.

Okay, after some further testing, whilst it is playing dolby vision, the vast majority of movies just end up freezing after a while, sometimes I can skip the movie forward and it will carry on but unfortunately cannot watch a movie all the way through. Just lots of freezing but no buffering issues per se.

Sorry to keep posting about this but I have a strange issue. With this current build, every single movie freezes within the first 10 seconds, it can be 1080p SDR and it will still freeze. I think It has something to do with my advanced settings file:

<advancedsettings>
  <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
 <readfactor>20</readfactor>
 <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>

For some reason, if I remove this file, the 4k dolby vision movies will play but they almost immediately start buffering. 

My last build works normally with this advancedsettings.xml file. 

Any ideas?