Kodi Community Forum
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV (/showthread.php?tid=360018)

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - RunAway189 - 2023-03-10

(2023-03-04, 22:33)ntropy Wrote: Other builds do not play choppy over wlan.   Nightly v20 plays HDR10 fine.   Kodinerds v20 and v21 play DV fine.   Plex plays DV fine.  M9702 plays full disc ISOs with DV fine.  

Is there a Kodi add-on that will test and report wlan speed?  I am curious what the local speed Kodi is connecting to.

My friend, Kodi was driving me nuts as well on my Shield 2019 Pro. Your issues are related to the crap 9.1.1 firmware (if you are on that). All you have to do is to follow this guide and disable all the unnecessary listed services. After that, reboot your shield and thank me later, good luck!

https://florisse.nl/shield-tweaks/

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Wanderer189 - 2023-03-13

From what I can tell, this doesn't support DV, it is only turning off Hardware Acceleration by default in Kodi. You can do the same thing in the Player settings in the official Kodi.

Dolby Vision is something that needs to be supported in the firmware of the android device to work correctly

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - chengfeng - 2023-03-16

You can try this,new build for am6

https://github.com/monsoons/xbmc/releases/tag/xbmc

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - ZIPC - 2023-03-17

Sorry if already asked but I didn’t find anything:
Using a new NVIDIA Shield pro, connected to Denon receiver that’s connected to Sony TV x90j.
When enabling both audio pass-through and running MP4 DV file, it’s starting to shutter and stuck. Without audio passthrough (just stereo PCM) it works, but also really sensitive and gets stuck sometimes.
Tried the build in start of thread and last 20.1 version, both look the same.

Any ideas? Or is it not possible currently? Cause same thig worked for me when I connected the Shield to LG C1 OLED.

Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Hitcher - 2023-03-17

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Reckoner89 - 2023-03-24

There is a problem with the maven build of Kodi Nexus. Choosing "default selection action" as "show information" doesn't work as intended. I click on a movie and it just plays instead of opening the information. Not sure if this is a problem specifically with the maven build or Kodi 20.1 as a whole. Anyone else run into this?

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - izprtxqkft - 2023-04-08

(2023-03-24, 21:31)Reckoner89 Wrote: There is a problem with the maven build of Kodi Nexus. Choosing "default selection action" as "show information" doesn't work as intended. I click on a movie and it just plays instead of opening the information. Not sure if this is a problem specifically with the maven build or Kodi 20.1 as a whole. Anyone else run into this?

this thread has nothing to do with default select actions

comparatively there are no issues with kodi and default select actions but these are controlled by skins and addons so you should start a new thread with a Debug Log so your issue can be worked out

if it comes down to being a problem with maven's then that's on their forum - https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/69428-Maven-s-Kodi-Builds-f%C3%BCr-Android

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - rajivaryan1984 - 2023-05-01

Hi sir, did u found a resolution to your issue

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - ThaMichie - 2023-05-02

I have kodi V21 installed on my Shield 2015, it's connected to my Marantz SR6014. My tv, Philips OLED873, does not support Dolby Vision, only HDR10.

Unfortunately all DV movies are green/purple. I was hoping V21 would solve the issue but I still have the same problem.

Do I need to provide logs or is this a known issue with the older shield?

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Hitcher - 2023-05-02

The 2015 version doesn't support Dolby Vision.

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - ThaMichie - 2023-05-02

My tv doesnt either. Isn't it supposed to switch to HDR10 then instead of trying to display DV which is incompatible and thus displaying a green/purple screen?

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - BluHD - 2023-05-02

The TV will only switch to HDR if the the source file you are playing also has HDR10 encoded in the video stream, if it's purely DV then your stuck

Aha, that's probably the reason. Thanks!

RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Crackinhedz - 2023-05-15

Just installed v21 and my DV mkv file played perfect for the first time ever, but after stopping the file and playing again I get the "Dolby Vision" icon but a pink screen only and kodi simply freezes up.

So wierd it worked on first try and now will not work. Any thoughts? (I tried the maven build with no luck)

Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - Hitcher - 2023-05-15

(2023-05-15, 01:54)Crackinhedz Wrote: Just installed v21 and my DV mkv file played perfect for the first time ever, but after stopping the file and playing again I get the "Dolby Vision" icon but a pink screen only and kodi simply freezes up.

So wierd it worked on first try and now will not work. Any thoughts? (I tried the maven build with no luck)

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum