Kodi Community Forum
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? (/showthread.php?tid=360606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - jjd-uk - 2021-03-15

It could have been the newer SDK we were required by Google to use to remain in the Play store. However the only person we had actively working on Android specific stuff hasn't had time for anything Kodi related since November, so we currently don't have any real idea and don't have anyone to look at it. As its only the Shield that seems to offer this functionality it looks like the only way to get it fixed is for Nvidia themselves to take an interest in helping their customers by investigating themselves what the issue is.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Caerridwen - 2021-03-15

I have these issues on Kodi V17, where it's not longer giving me access to my Windows 10 PC share. It works on my Fire TV that is running Kodi V18, but not on the other TV that is running Kodi V17. I've tried to input the exact same information, it makes 0 sense.

Anyone having issues on V17 too?

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - [email protected] - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-15, 02:23)gulian Wrote: jjd-uk, or anyone, would you know why Kodi does not see anymore shared folders from disk storage mounted by the Shield?

Thanks for your help.

I finally gave up on Kodi 19 due tu SMB issues. VLC works allright but fails to fast forward under android. I finally installed  Nova videoplayer  which does everything Kodi 18 used to do over a Windows network.
Hope this helps
Cheers

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - gulian - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-15, 02:58)jjd-uk Wrote: It could have been the newer SDK we were required by Google to use to remain in the Play store. However the only person we had actively working on Android specific stuff hasn't had time for anything Kodi related since November, so we currently don't have any real idea and don't have anyone to look at it. As its only the Shield that seems to offer this functionality it looks like the only way to get it fixed is for Nvidia themselves to take an interest in helping their customers by investigating themselves what the issue is.

Thanks for replying. It is not a big issue since users can easily personnalize their kodi user files; and as you say, this is a feature found on shield. But I'm technically curious to understand what happened.
Once fixed, this could help others android boxes developpers to add it to their ATV Os.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - timmins - 2021-03-16

(2021-02-20, 20:59)stirfry999 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 19:18)edsib1 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 17:44)HairBear Wrote: Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V1.

Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V3

If you leave the minimum at 0 it doesn't seem to pickup the range correctly. Just looks like a bug in the code.

Hi there hope someone can help me I have an nvidia shield it upgraded to 19 today now I cannot get anything to work I can't install any repository is there someone who could give me some help I'm not very technically minded please be gentle thanks
Before going any farer, check that you're connected to the internet. In settings, select system onfo and goto network . you should see Link: connected & internet connected. Also you should see the IP's

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - jjd-uk - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-16, 17:08)gulian Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 02:58)jjd-uk Wrote: It could have been the newer SDK we were required by Google to use to remain in the Play store. However the only person we had actively working on Android specific stuff hasn't had time for anything Kodi related since November, so we currently don't have any real idea and don't have anyone to look at it. As its only the Shield that seems to offer this functionality it looks like the only way to get it fixed is for Nvidia themselves to take an interest in helping their customers by investigating themselves what the issue is.

Thanks for replying. It is not a big issue since users can easily personnalize their kodi user files; and as you say, this is a feature found on shield. But I'm technically curious to understand what happened.
Once fixed, this could help others android boxes developpers to add it to their ATV Os.

Pinpointing the cause will be half the battle so if anyone is able to at least do that it would be a big help, even if they cannot fix it themselves, we at least maybe have a half chance of someone on the Team unfmailiar with Android being able to do something. Personally this is what I believe Nvidia should be doing at the very least on behalf of their customers.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - alphaomega16 - 2021-03-17

Trying to upgrade screwed everything up, could no longer use SMB section for adding network and old shares stopped working and wouldn't connect, tried fresh install and going back with no luck the normal pre allocated SMB share refuses to work like it did and had to use custom and am now in the process of rescanning my ENTIRE library.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - mo123 - 2021-03-18

Tried this?
https://androidpctv.com/connect-samba-network-kodi-windows-android/

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - damorsoft - 2021-03-18

(2021-03-18, 17:33)mo123 Wrote: Tried this?
https://androidpctv.com/connect-samba-network-kodi-windows-android/
you dont need the ip# device name works.
If you do the ip then you must set up static IP or the next time your router cycles you will have to start over.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Wilcobxl - 2021-03-19

Hello All,
Another Nvidia Shield user with mounted network storage experiencing similar issues ( network folders mounted in the shield settings not showing up under "Files" in Kodi 19 when they did in Kodi 18).

One detail that may be helpful: I set up the library to automatically update in 18. And... it still does under 19! I can see the episodes/movies I add to my shares on my PC in the "recently added" sections, and play them fine from there! So, wild semi-uninformed guess here: could the issue specific to the Shield-mounted network storage not be related to SMB ? Or could it be a different SMB issue?

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - tain1st - 2021-03-19

(2021-02-20, 17:44)HairBear Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB. In previous versions, you would see "WORKGROUP" and then drill down to the resource you wanted.

If you select the file shortcut that were migrated from V18, you get the the error "Software caused connection aborted".

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix in the pipeline?
Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V1.

That's the way. Thanks you, now my SMB come back.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - gulian - 2021-03-22

(2021-03-19, 00:40)Wilcobxl Wrote: Hello All,
Another Nvidia Shield user with mounted network storage experiencing similar issues ( network folders mounted in the shield settings not showing up under "Files" in Kodi 19 when they did in Kodi 18).

One detail that may be helpful: I set up the library to automatically update in 18. And... it still does under 19! I can see the episodes/movies I add to my shares on my PC in the "recently added" sections, and play them fine from there! So, wild semi-uninformed guess here: could the issue specific to the Shield-mounted network storage not be related to SMB ? Or could it be a different SMB issue?

What happens in Kodi 19 with the folders from a usb stick? Do they appear automatically in "Video" > "files"?
Were they in Kodi 18?

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - MrX_ua - 2021-03-22

This has worked for me, both the newly created source and the old one work now on 19.0 with SBM set to 1-3 https://androidpctv.com/connect-samba-network-kodi-windows-android/

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - revorge - 2021-03-22

(2021-03-19, 00:40)Wilcobxl Wrote: Hello All,
Another Nvidia Shield user with mounted network storage experiencing similar issues (network folders mounted in the shield settings not showing up under "Files" in Kodi 19 when they did in Kodi 18).

I am having this exact issue. 

Everything plays and new media is scanned. But a clear library asks to remove everything, because the "sources" are not present under files. 
This goes for both content on an external hdd connected directly to the Nvidia Shield and the SMB network folders mounted via the shield settings.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - ChipInNC - 2021-03-23

(2021-03-07, 10:37)pruthisith Wrote: Thanks everyone for help posting the fix for this version.
I'm not sure why this is happening, having SMB should be standards and I don't know why it is getting more complicated each time.

This is the step I took and got it to working.
  • Go to setting > service
  • Enable Expert mode
  • Set min requirement to SMBv1 (you need to restart and come back)
  • Set max requirement to SMBv1 (you need to restart and come back)
At this stage you will be able to connect SMB now but got stuck in user/pass. This doesn't work with non-user/pass folder.
If you want to access the folder then do the step below:
  • After the above setting, Now Legacy mode will be available turn it ON (you need to restart and come back)
  • DONE!
Now if you have the previous folder configuration, then this should fix it for you immediately.
But if you are new user, then you need to re add the directory again (smb://YOUR server IP) and then go in and add each shared folder one by one.

Also on the step above I did setup the workgroup to be the same one as my server and also setup WINS server to the same IP address as my router/gateway.

That's it, hope this help.
Hope this help.
This is totally incorrect for Linux Kodi 19.0.  On UBUNTU and Endless OS (Debian Linux) there is no SMB protocol in settings -> Services to change the version of.  There is also no SMB connection options for videos, music, etc...  It's totally GONE!

All my shared drives are now inaccessible from Kodi 19.0 on these OSs.  It's not related to Samba versions or passwords.

My question is WHY!  And.. WHY is there such confusion on this?  It may work in Windows or Mac, but not Debian Linux builds.