Kodi Community Forum
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? (/showthread.php?tid=360606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - dpw2atox - 2021-02-22

(2021-02-22, 16:39)docwra Wrote: Yes worth stating that guest users no longer work and you need an user/pass now in V19.

This was identified during testing and I was hoping it would have been included as a known issue on release.

Changing to a new user/pass combo will likely also help if you already have one.

Still not working for me on my shield tv (2019). I changed the minimum level for the smb client earlier to v1, max is v3. I just created a new user on my nas which I can use without issues on another device, I was also able to map the network share on my shield itself but in Kodi I keep getting error2. I can't browse the network share and the mapped drives on the shield don't show up either. I really hope a fix is found soon.

Small update, I was able to manually mount the share through the IP but not the DNS.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - dkangel - 2021-02-22

(2021-02-22, 16:53)sjaakvg Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 14:28)dkangel Wrote: in kodi password.xml add this

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://IP ADRESS/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@IP ADRESSS/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

Can you help me a little more to put that xml data in kodi because I'm just a beginner thanks in advance
if you don"t have this file, you can create it and copy it in the userdata directory. it's where you have your sources.xml file

Ok so even with the shares mapped in Kodi, I am still having issues with stuttering, video playback pausing and such again that wasn't present when I had use the shares mapped on the shield. Is there a workaround anyone has found to be able to use kodi to again view shares that were mapped on the shield itself again? This worked without issue for Kodi 17.x and 18.x so I don't know why its broken in Kodi 19.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - face-plants - 2021-02-22

I too have an Nvidia shield (2016) that can no longer see the smb shares on my media server. It's a Windows 7 PC. The network shares are mounted in the Shield system settings and I can browse the shares through a file explorer. I can even play media files one at a time via "Open With..." In VLC or MX player but trying to open them with Kodi fails to play them.

I set a password for the user account on the media server. I changed SMB minimum v1 and maximum v3 (I tested it with Max version set to V1 as well), rebooting after each change and still no luck.

I am not getting an error message or a prompt for a password. Trying to browse to add video sources just shows nothing whether I choose smb:// or Windows Network (SMB).

I also have several Windows 10 PCs with shares that used to show up and none of them do now.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - tokidoki - 2021-02-22

I couldn't access my smb share either but got it working again. Maybe this will work for someone else so here's what I did.

I went to Settings -> File Manager -> Add Source -> Browse -> Add network location -> and added the same smb share but this time with my Windows username and password.

After that my original video source started working again.

I forgot to add that although I couldn't browse any network shares, my existing playlists were still able to play video files off of my media server. This has me convinced that there is something broken with the network browsing as it was clearly able to communicate and view my shared files still.

unfortunately, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app thinking that the update had messed something up and I've now lost all of my add-ons and playlists.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - mark112887 - 2021-02-22

I can absolutely confirm that what you need to do in order to get SMB working is going to settings services SMB client and set the minimum version to one. In addition you must go into your SMB source and make sure if you are not using password protected sharing set the username to everyone and just put in a dummy password, it doesn't matter what it is.

Once the steps are taken you will have access to your shares

(2021-02-22, 22:18)mark112887 Wrote: I can absolutely confirm that what you need to do in order to get SMB working is going to settings services SMB client and set the minimum version to one. In addition you must go into your SMB source and make sure if you are not using password protected sharing set the username to everyone and just put in a dummy password, it doesn't matter what it is.

Once the steps are taken you will have access to your shares

I've done this. I set minimum SMB version to v1 and max version to v3 (I tried with Max v1 as well, rebooting with each change).

Initially, I did not have a password set for the media server but I set one and it did not make a difference.

VLC and MX Player are both able to browse the shared media with similar settings.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - zeuxim - 2021-02-22

Same problem here...

I hate it when something works well and an update messes it all up.

I have a shield and a synology NAS and I can't access to my movies anymore.

Okay, I got the smb shares working finally.
First, check in settings - services - smb service set minimum version to v1 and maximum to v3 as others have said.

Then go to add library sources
-Hit browse then choose "Add Network Location"
(Browsing the network for SMB shares does not work anymore so you have to enter the settings manually)

-Choose Windows network SMB as the protocol
-For server name, enter the IP address of your NAS or file server (Entering the computer name did not work)
-Enter the username and password if you have password protected file sharing enabled
- leave shared folder blank at first to test. You can browse all the shares on the machine afterwards to your library

I was able to remove the user account password and it continued to work and I never had password protected sharing turned on.

Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - hoppel118 - 2021-02-23

(2021-02-21, 19:55)wpbpete Wrote: Hi, Not sure if I should start a new thread but my issue seems similar enough.
My Shield (tube) updated to Matrix and my smb files (movies&tvshows) Are in the library but not in "media sources" My drives are connected to the tube via smb so that may be where the library is getting them but the drives are not showing inside of Kodi. Anybody else seeing this?

(2021-02-22, 19:52)dpw2atox Wrote: Ok so even with the shares mapped in Kodi, I am still having issues with stuttering, video playback pausing and such again that wasn't present when I had use the shares mapped on the shield. Is there a workaround anyone has found to be able to use kodi to again view shares that were mapped on the shield itself again? This worked without issue for Kodi 17.x and 18.x so I don't know why its broken in Kodi 19.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19023
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19021

Both Issues are open some time now.

Regards Hoppel

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - sjaakvg - 2021-02-23

What are the exact SMB settings on a Windows 10 PC in conjunction with Kodi on Shield TV?

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - Filmbuff - 2021-02-23

(2021-02-22, 23:35)face-plants Wrote: Okay, I got the smb shares working finally.
First, check in settings - services - smb service set minimum version to v1 and maximum to v3 as others have said.

Then go to add library sources
-Hit browse then choose "Add Network Location"
(Browsing the network for SMB shares does not work anymore so you have to enter the settings manually)

-Choose Windows network SMB as the protocol
-For server name, enter the IP address of your NAS or file server (Entering the computer name did not work)
-Enter the username and password if you have password protected file sharing enabled
- leave shared folder blank at first to test. You can browse all the shares on the machine afterwards to your library

I was able to remove the user account password and it continued to work and I never had password protected sharing turned on.

That did it here as well, everything working as it should now.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - wpbpete - 2021-02-23

(2021-02-23, 15:55)Filmbuff Wrote: (Browsing the network for SMB shares does not work anymore so you have to enter the settings manually)

Or... they can hurry up and fix the problem  Wink