Kodi Community Forum
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? (/showthread.php?tid=360606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - ddasd - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-25, 08:15)wsnipex Wrote: nothing will get sorted out, unless people start providing a Debug Log of the issue of Android OS mounted shares not showing up.
We'll probably also need a logcat(android system log).

can u tell me what to do? i am wiling to give u all logs just tell me how and what.. but i have to tell it, it isnt so easy to do most stuff on tv, as u have only remote control and tv response isnt fastest Smile

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - damorsoft - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-25, 00:36)ddasd Wrote: hi!

is there any way to downgrade Kodi 19 matrix.. i wanna watch movies/series. after update (today) nothing works.. 

I am using kodi on sony TV (android), i have shared folders on my computer and now everything says: operation not permitted, nothing works.. 

I am no programer, cant understand most things u write in this topic.. is there any fast solution, to be as it was.. or how can i downgrade it?
19.0 is broken in many ways.
Go to HOME
settings-apps-KODI-uninstall
----
Go to kodi from KODI home get 18.9 put it on a stick
--
GO to HOME
-appinstaller?? on mine maybe different on other boxes but you get the idea
-SD card
-kodi 18.9
-install it
-Setup network as normal. using SMB browse as it works fine with 18.9

reinstall kodi
And start over.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - ddasd - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-25, 20:15)damorsoft Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 00:36)ddasd Wrote: hi!

is there any way to downgrade Kodi 19 matrix.. i wanna watch movies/series. after update (today) nothing works.. 

I am using kodi on sony TV (android), i have shared folders on my computer and now everything says: operation not permitted, nothing works.. 

I am no programer, cant understand most things u write in this topic.. is there any fast solution, to be as it was.. or how can i downgrade it?
19.0 is broken in many ways.
Go to HOME
settings-apps-KODI-uninstall
----
Go to kodi from KODI home get 18.9 put it on a stick
--
GO to HOME
-appinstaller?? on mine maybe different on other boxes but you get the idea
-SD card
-kodi 18.9
-install it
-Setup network as normal. using SMB browse as it works fine with 18.9

reinstall kodi
And start over.

hehe tnx, is there any way to do it without usb stick? Smile i dont have it currently

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - ddasd - 2021-02-25

guys

can someone give me step by step instructions how to fix, add new folder / library..

i cant set password or username (dont know where to set it, why should it set it, as things worked just perfect before update)

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - docwra - 2021-02-25

Yep Android Shield + Qnap NAS here and working perfectly with an IP address share with a username and password.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - benu - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-23, 15:55)Filmbuff Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 23:35)face-plants Wrote: Okay, I got the smb shares working finally.
First, check in settings - services - smb service set minimum version to v1 and maximum to v3 as others have said.

Then go to add library sources
-Hit browse then choose "Add Network Location"
(Browsing the network for SMB shares does not work anymore so you have to enter the settings manually)

-Choose Windows network SMB as the protocol
-For server name, enter the IP address of your NAS or file server (Entering the computer name did not work)
-Enter the username and password if you have password protected file sharing enabled
- leave shared folder blank at first to test. You can browse all the shares on the machine afterwards to your library

I was able to remove the user account password and it continued to work and I never had password protected sharing turned on.

That did it here as well, everything working as it should now.

same here. Had to re-create the share, using IP address (was PC name before). And then it worked.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - EventDriven - 2021-02-26

Here is what I did to make this work. As others said, I needed to reference via IP instead of server name. Basically, I exported my library as a single file and changed all references from my server name to IP. I did the same in passwords.xml and sources.xml. Finally I copied the changed xml files, re-imported the library and then cleaned the library. Maybe there's a simpler way that will work for some but this is what worked for me. Here are the steps I used in a little more detail.
  • Make sure your NAS has a static IP
  • In SMB settings in Kodi, change the minimum required version to SMB1 if you don't currently have a value there
  • Go into file explorer in Kodi and add a source to connect to your NAS share via IP. For example for SMB it would be smb://123.123.1.123/my_share or something like that. I think you need to use a username and password. In any case, I am.
  • Navigate to your profiles directory. Copy passwords.xml and sources.xml to your share.
  • Backup your library to your NAS as a single file
  • Make a backup copy of all the stuff you copied to your NAS in case you need to restore them: the sources, passwords and the library backup.
  • In each of passwords.xml, sources.xml and videodb.xml in your backup folder, using a text editor find and replace your_server_name with the IP address of your server, e.g, 123.123.1.123.
  • Copy passwords.xml and settings.xml back to Kodi and restart Kodi.
  • Import your library by pointing to the backup folder where you edited videodb.xml.
  • Clean you library to remove duplicate entries that are referencing your server name instead of IP. This might take awhile if you have a large library so don't panic.
As I said, maybe there's an easier way that will work for some but this is what worked for me.

Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - ddasd - 2021-02-26

Tnx for your replay..

I did all steps, as u can see on photos
ImageImageImage

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - andrzejls - 2021-02-26

(2021-02-20, 19:18)edsib1 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 17:44)HairBear Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB. In previous versions, you would see "WORKGROUP" and then drill down to the resource you wanted.

If you select the file shortcut that were migrated from V18, you get the the error "Software caused connection aborted".

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix in the pipeline?
Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V1.

Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V3

If you leave the minimum at 0 it doesn't seem to pickup the range correctly. Just looks like a bug in the code.
Try to set Maximum to NONE. This should work You can also use ZEROCONF Browser and select MAS SMB/CIFS shares.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - gabieva - 2021-02-26

(2021-02-26, 00:01)ddasd Wrote: Tnx for your replay..

ImageImageImage

pic 1 delete shared folder,  and put in username and password only 1, then work, work for me

(2021-02-26, 00:11)gabieva Wrote:
(2021-02-26, 00:01)ddasd Wrote: Tnx for your replay..

ImageImageImage

pic 1 delete shared folder,  and put in username and password only 1, then work, work for me
i mean shared folder empty nothing write, only user and pass, what you want write

Dont understand

What should i leave empty, which username/password.. i dont have anything password protected nor any username set

(2021-02-26, 00:19)ddasd Wrote: me toDont understand

What should i leave empty, which username/password.. i dont have anything password protected nor any username set

me too, just put in username and pass 1 then gonna work,

What username and password? Where do i get/set it?

(2021-02-26, 00:23)ddasd Wrote: What username and password? Where do i get/set it?