Kodi Community Forum
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? (/showthread.php?tid=360606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - DazzaJay - 2021-02-27

Tried all the solutions in this thread. None worked.

Switched to Plex. Won't be returning to Kodi.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - janweinreich - 2021-02-27

I edited my passwords.xml, mediasources.xml and sources.xml and posted what I did in reddit, problem solved:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/lou0ff/smb_no_longer_working_on_kodi_190/goxe1xr?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I think some new formatting was done to smb credentials but current settings files don't get updated.

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - gazza1226 - 2021-02-27

(2021-02-21, 08:00)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.

I know this thread marks solved but I've tried the same resolution on my Shield box and I keep getting a message "Remote Share Couldn't Connect to network server". This was working perfectly well for me until recently.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Klojum - 2021-02-27

(2021-02-27, 09:01)gazza1226 Wrote: I know this thread marks solved

It was, for the starting poster of this thread, until several other people kicked in sharing their stories, including you now.
The 'solved' tag has already been removed from this forum thread.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Terri83 - 2021-02-27

I'm having this awful issue too. I know the "fix" for it is setting up a password on Windows, but I hate having a password. I don't need it or want it. Then the other suggestion seems to be to create a secondary account and then login with those credentials. I also don't want to do that because then windows doesn't load into my main account automatically when I start it. This was working fine a few days ago and now it's all messed up because of this update. Are there any solutions that don't require me messing up my PC from the way I like it?

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - DarrenHill - 2021-02-27

You would have to reinstate SMB1, and all the security risks that entails. And as you've seen, Microsoft don't want people doing that and are actively trying to stamp out SMB1 usage (as are a number of other groups, for the security issues).

The advice is to bite the bullet, secure your system and use SMB2 or SMB3 if at all possible (you will lose the browsing capability to find servers and you'll need to use usernames and passwords, but your system will be secure and not open to "wannacry" and similar issues).

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Klojum - 2021-02-27

(2021-02-27, 13:23)Terri83 Wrote: I hate having a password. I don't need it or want it.
(2021-02-27, 13:23)Terri83 Wrote: to create a secondary account and then login with those credentials. I also don't want to do that
Does the word 'security' mean anything to you at all..? You never lock your house or car, you lend out your credit card to everyone who asks for it, I mean... Don't be surprised when one day your computer is held hostage. When, not if.

(2021-02-27, 13:23)Terri83 Wrote: Are there any solutions that don't require me messing up my PC from the way I like it?
Fiddling around with the SMB Client versions in Kodi's menu seem to work for some people.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - jamiec21 - 2021-02-27

Since making the upgrade to Matrix (and making the changes to the IP address as the server name as outlined earlier in the thread), the scraping is now deathly slow - from both TMDB Python for films and TMDB/TVDB for TV shows.

Nothing wrong with the scrapers on 18.9. Any explanation for this?

RE: Upgraded to Matix - SMB Broken? - Bluddis - 2021-02-28

(2021-02-20, 17:44)HairBear Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB. In previous versions, you would see "WORKGROUP" and then drill down to the resource you wanted.

If you select the file shortcut that were migrated from V18, you get the the error "Software caused connection aborted".

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix in the pipeline?
Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V1.

Thank you so much HairBear! Easy and perfect fix. I made account just to say thank you Smile

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Terri83 - 2021-02-28

(2021-02-27, 14:02)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 13:23)Terri83 Wrote: I hate having a password. I don't need it or want it.
(2021-02-27, 13:23)Terri83 Wrote: to create a secondary account and then login with those credentials. I also don't want to do that
Does the word 'security' mean anything to you at all..? You never lock your house or car, you lend out your credit card to everyone who asks for it, I mean... Don't be surprised when one day your computer is held hostage. When, not if.
(2021-02-27, 13:23)Terri83 Wrote: Are there any solutions that don't require me messing up my PC from the way I like it?
Fiddling around with the SMB Client versions in Kodi's menu seem to work for some people.
There are other ways to make your PC secure from hacking than passwording it. Furthermore, there isn't much on my PC that would be of interest to hackers. I guess they could get my YouTube playlist...lol. I'm not on a laptop, so I don't take it else or connect it to other networks. I also wouldn't care if anyone in my home was on my PC. So those are all things that make me disinterested in a password. It's just another annoying step every time I want to use my PC that's unnecessary. Locking a house, car or the credit card examples are all pretty different. I don't have much of value on my PC. I mostly use it for gaming and watching videos. If I used it for more than entertainment then I would be more worried about security outside of what I already do. That's exactly what I use Kodi for as well...entertainment. I want it to just work when I need it to consistently.

I did try the SMB Client version suggestions. I'm not so laxed on security that I'll enable SMBv1 on my PC. I tried changing it to the min/max settings suggested by everyone, but that did nothing. Last night I sideloaded 18.9 on and it worked perfectly again, but then autoupdated and broke again. I don't see a way to turn off auto-updates, so I seem to be stuck with this version that doesn't work. I hope there is a fix soon.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Steamkittens - 2021-02-28

I'm running Kodi on an old nVidia Shield probably 2016 my SMB share to my Synology NAS disappeared after a force upgrade to Kodi v19

I tried the downgrade to SMB1 but windows mapped drives to synology stopped working so tried different solution

I took advice from a post in this thread and just manually added a SMB via the MEDIA>LIBRARY>ADD SOURCE area in settings (I assume it might work from anywhere you can add a source thou) I manually filled in IP, folder, Username and Password press ok and it disappeared and I thought it hadn't worked, I restarted Kodi and the new entry WAS listed in sources....relief!

Im not running Kodi via windows but my 2 cents for those who don't like windows passwords just set it to autologin and its like its not even there.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Klojum - 2021-02-28

(2021-02-28, 03:01)Terri83 Wrote: I don't see a way to turn off auto-updates

On an Android OS system, you need to disable Android's app auto-update option. It's not an internal Kodi option.

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - pawel13022 - 2021-02-28

Problem solved. I uninstall KODI 19 Matrix from my Nvidia Shield TV PRO, and I install KODI 18.4. After I go to System-->Add-ons-->Updates-->Never check for updates.
Everything is back to normal Smile

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - pawel13022 - 2021-02-28

(2021-02-28, 11:01)pawel13022 Wrote: Problem solved. I uninstall KODI 19 Matrix from my Nvidia Shield TV PRO, and I install KODI 18.4. After I go to System-->Add-ons-->Updates-->Never check for updates. After I jump to Nvidia Google Play-->Settings-->Don't auto-update apps.
Everything is back to normal Smile

RE: Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken? - Phillinger - 2021-02-28

(2021-02-27, 04:27)janweinreich Wrote: I edited my passwords.xml, mediasources.xml and sources.xml and posted what I did in reddit, problem solved:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/lou0ff/smb_no_longer_working_on_kodi_190/goxe1xr?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I think some new formatting was done to smb credentials but current settings files don't get updated.

Sounds logical, i’ll give it a try asap.

For now i switched back to 18.9 and everything works fine again (i also switched off Auto-Update).

Big thanks to the kodi team. No irony.  I know, big multi-platform software projects are complex and stresfull. Bugs are normal, let‘s try to help by cornering the errors.