Kodi Community Forum
add the program add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: add the program add-on (/showthread.php?tid=361909)

add the program add-on - slawomir - 2021-04-05

how can i add a program add-on on my home? see my picture. my wish is : 1. to add it under add-ons and or -to learn - 2.next to add-ons. i had -programs - under add-ons but its better to have directly this add-on...i tried but its not that easy.pls tell me step by step ...

RE: add the program add-on - bsoriano - 2021-04-05

(2021-04-05, 13:54)slawomir Wrote: how can i add a program add-on on my home? see my picture. my wish is : 1. to add it under add-ons and or -to learn - 2.next to add-ons. i had -programs - under add-ons but its better to have directly this add-on...i tried but its not that easy.pls tell me step by step ...
@slawomir , here are the steps to add a program addon under Addons.

1. Go to Settings, Skin Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves:

2. Navigate (on the left hand side) to Addons, and then, on the right hand side, choose Customize Submenu:

3. Go (on the right hand side) to the buttons row, and choose Add:

4.  On the right hand side, select Choose Item for Menu:

5. In the resulting dialog, navigate to Add-On:

6. From there, go to Program:

7. And there, look for the program addon you wish to add, and select it.  in this example, I will choose Global Search:

8. Go back to the main menu (by pressing Back multiple times or Esc).  Now we should have a "Global Search" item under Add-Ons:

Most of the steps apply if you want to add it as a main menu item.  Instead of customizing the submenu of an existing item, you just add a new item.

Please let me know if you were able to do what you wanted to.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: add the program add-on - slawomir - 2021-04-05

(2021-04-05, 15:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 13:54)slawomir Wrote: how can i add a program add-on on my home? see my picture. my wish is : 1. to add it under add-ons and or -to learn - 2.next to add-ons. i had -programs - under add-ons but its better to have directly this add-on...i tried but its not that easy.pls tell me step by step ...

2. Navigate (on the left hand side) to Addons, and then, on the right hand side, choose Customize Submenu:

7. And there, look for the program addon you wish to add, and select it.  in this example, I will choose Global Search:

8. Go back to the main menu (by pressing Back multiple times or Esc).  Now we should have a "Global Search" item under Add-Ons:

Most of the steps apply if you want to add it as a main menu item.  Instead of customizing the submenu of an existing item, you just add a new item.

Regards,

Bart
thanks a lot for these steps..but- there is no this addon i need in this list of programs, i saw this global search ...strange, i see it in programs when i use other way. look pls at my screenshots- i  added this -  programs and later i deleted it  as instead of this prorgrams i need this vnp addon which i use often ...pls help me further  lots of greetings  slawomir
ImageImage

RE: add the program add-on - bsoriano - 2021-04-05

(2021-04-05, 17:04)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 15:43)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
thanks a lot for these steps..but- there is no this addon i need in this list of programs, i saw this global search ...strange, i see it in programs when i use other way. look pls at my screenshots- i  added this -  programs and later i deleted it  as instead of this prorgrams i need this vnp addon which i use often ...pls help me further  lots of greetings  slawomir
ImageImage
@slawomir , the instructions are valid, just select your addon instead of Global Search.  If your addon is not under "Program", then it should be under one of the other categories, look for it under one of the others, like Video Add-On, etc.

If your addon does not show up under any of those categories, then you will have to add your addon as a Favourite, and then add that favourite to the submenu.  So, instead of choosing "Add-On", you would choose "Favourite"

And then choose your addon that you added to Favourites.  In the following example I am choosing Netflix, that I had previously added to favourites.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart

RE: add the program add-on - slawomir - 2021-04-06

(2021-04-05, 18:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 17:04)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 15:43)bsoriano Wrote: @slawomir , here are the steps to add a program addon under Addons.

Regards,

Bart
ImageImage
@slawomir , the instructions are valid, just select your addon instead of Global Search.  If your addon is not under "Program", then it should be under one of the other categories, look for it under one of the others, like Video Add-On, etc.

If your addon does not show up under any of those categories, then you will have to add your addon as a Favourite, and then add that favourite to the submenu.  So, instead of choosing "Add-On", you would choose "Favourite"

And then choose your addon that you added to Favourites.  In the following example I am choosing Netflix, that I had previously added to favourites.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart
bart ,1. these ways you gave me can't find this vpn addon which is weird, right? I put this addon to my ...normal favourites. my wish has not come true..
3.trying to find it i made a mess, see my photo. I don't know how to add others, e.g. addons or power. i had these  3 items,i mean on this  ? mainline - power, addons, settings .these settings are still ok -with these 3 ? sub items.  under addons / as i click here on addons - i will see all my video addons / i need now only  addon - verkenner/exlporer / which i can not find ! the power - i think i find myself some subitems.  i tried to add a new items but the software asks to delete the settings which is the only left items! i clicked - no. 3. Another pic shows that these letters are not read, must be a ? bug? pls help  me agian . regards slawomir

RE: add the program add-on - bsoriano - 2021-04-06

(2021-04-06, 14:37)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 18:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 17:04)slawomir Wrote: thanks a lot for these steps..but- there is no this addon i need in this list of programs, i saw this global search ...strange, i see it in programs when i use other way. look pls at my screenshots- i  added this -  programs and later i deleted it  as instead of this prorgrams i need this vnp addon which i use often ...pls help me further  lots of greetings  slawomir
ImageImage

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart
bart ,1. these ways you gave me can't find this vpn addon which is weird, right? I put this addon to my ...normal favourites. my wish has not come true..
3.trying to find it i made a mess, see my photo. I don't know how to add others, e.g. addons or power. i had these  3 items,i mean on this  ? mainline - power, addons, settings .these settings are still ok -with these 3 ? sub items.  under addons / as i click here on addons - i will see all my video addons / i need now only  addon - verkenner/exlporer / which i can not find ! the power - i think i find myself some subitems.  i tried to add a new items but the software asks to delete the settings which is the only left items! i clicked - no. 3. Another pic shows that these letters are not read, must be a ? bug? pls help  me agian . regards slawomir
@slawomir , I am not sure what you did.  In order for me to help you, please provide me with screenshots in English, so I can see what is going on, as I do not understand what is happening from the screenshots you have provided.  Thanks.

However, do not worry, the original menu items can be restored very easily.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-06, 16:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 14:37)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 18:23)bsoriano Wrote: @slawomir , the instructions are valid, just select your addon instead of Global Search.  If your addon is not under "Program", then it should be under one of the other categories, look for it under one of the others, like Video Add-On, etc.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart
@slawomir , I am not sure what you did.  In order for me to help you, please provide me with screenshots in English, so I can see what is going on, as I do not understand what is happening from the screenshots you have provided.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, i use kodi in  dutch.this skin has only a few words in dutch,why?the rest in eng.  what is not  my mother language and this makes  difficult to me .this means i can not send pics  in english.now and later i will translate the words.these 4 pics:instellingen is as u guess settings,voeg toe- add,uitschakelen- turn off..more u dont need,do u?regard slawomir

RE: add the program add-on - bsoriano - 2021-04-06

(2021-04-06, 17:28)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 16:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 14:37)slawomir Wrote: bart ,1. these ways you gave me can't find this v*n addon which is weird, right? I put this addon to my ...normal favourites. my wish has not come true..

Regards,

Bart
Bart, i use kodi in  dutch.this skin has only a few words in dutch,why?the rest in eng.  what is not  my mother language and this makes  difficult to me .this means i can not send pics  in english.now and later i will translate the words.these 4 pics:instellingen is as u guess settings,voeg toe- add,uitschakelen- turn off..more u dont need,do u?regard slawomir
@slawomir , unfortunately, you are not telling me in detail what you did, and the few screenshots are not enough for me to know.  From what I can uderstand of your posts, you changed the submenu of the Addons main menu item, but now you do not have what you originally had, and do not know how to get back to that.

There is no way, from within the skin, to restore all the submenus to their default.  The way to get back to exactly the default that comes with the skin, without having to reinstall Kodi or Amber is this:

1. Quit Kodi
2. Remove the file "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin's 1080i folder.
3. Remove all files that have "skin.amber" as part of the name in the folder <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\

The <userdata> folder should be in /storage/.kodi/userdata/ for LibreELEC.

If you are not able to remove those files, I am afraid that the only way for you to get to the default menu/submenu configuration is to uninstall Amber, and then reinstall it.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-04-06, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 17:28)slawomir Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 16:24)bsoriano Wrote: @slawomir , I am not sure what you did.  In order for me to help you, please provide me with screenshots in English, so I can see what is going on, as I do not understand what is happening from the screenshots you have provided.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@slawomir , unfortunately, you are not telling me in detail what you did, and the few screenshots are not enough for me to know.  From what I can uderstand of your posts, you changed the submenu of the Addons main menu item, but now you do not have what you originally had, and do not know how to get back to that.

There is no way, from within the skin, to restore all the submenus to their default.  The way to get back to exactly the default that comes with the skin, without having to reinstall Kodi or Amber is this:

1. Quit Kodi
2. Remove the file "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin's 1080i folder.
3. Remove all files that have "skin.amber" as part of the name in the folder <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\

The <userdata> folder should be in /storage/.kodi/userdata/ for LibreELEC.

If you are not able to remove those files, I am afraid that the only way for you to get to the default menu/submenu configuration is to uninstall Amber, and then reinstall it.

Regards,

Bart
Bart,i found the way to add this /my/ addons to main menu! Oh,this skin is very smart made but i am stubborn. I need addon - verkenner- explorer- which i had under my addons as submenu items but where is it?in which group?i can not find it.pls tell me.if i have this  i will be glad again...this other info  i will keep for any case,for later as u never know..thank u.regards slawomir

Bart.i found it! But the system has changed my backgrounds and added all these display views i switched off one day...why? Its difficult to say,right? now i have extra work...slawomir

RE: add the program add-on - bsoriano - 2021-04-07

(2021-04-06, 19:26)slawomir Wrote: Bart.i found it! But the system has changed my backgrounds and added all these display views i switched off one day...why? Its difficult to say,right? now i have extra work...slawomir
@slawomir , I am glad you were able to sort it out.

Regards,

Bart

RE: add the program add-on - slawomir - 2021-07-19

dear bart, how/where r u? i hope u r fine. 1.this is what just has happened- unexpectedly some of my installations like backgrounds are just gone and i was naturally very surprised...i had to find these installations which i like.
a few weeks ago i had yr update. what i must do that this will not happen again? i think - nothing, and u? is is this to explain, to prevent it ? 2.  my wish is still to have the favourites in my ? mainbar where i have -addon,install.etc .is this case of the skin or kodi itself? can u add it in yr-my/our skin ? regards slawomir