Kodi Community Forum
'Record' Button for Live TV? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: 'Record' Button for Live TV? (/showthread.php?tid=362437)

'Record' Button for Live TV? - dshorrosh - 2021-05-05

I noticed there is no 'record' button in the on-screen Live TV player to begin instant recording of the show current playing (by way of comparison, there is on the default Estuary skin).

I can initiate instant record using CTL+R using a keyboard.

'Record' is the only remaining bug - and FWIW I can start a recording from the channel I'm watching with CTL+R using a Windows keyboard.

I'm wondering if this feature is not available in the current version of Quartz?

Here is a cut from the log from the point of pressing the 'record' button on the remote.  So far as I know the command syntax is correct and there is no error message, but nothing actually happens on the screen or the PVR Recordings library, so sumthin' is going on.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

DEBUG: CWebServer[80]: request received for /jsonrpc?request=%7B%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22PVR.Record%22,%22id%22:1%7D
DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.Record","id":1}
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Send request "StreamFileSize|1"
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Send request "StreamFileSize|0"
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Send request "StreamFileSize|1"
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Send request "StreamFileSize|0"
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Send request "GetBufferTimes"
DEBUG: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Send request "GetBufferTimes"

RE: 'Record' Button for Live TV? - nonJon - 2021-05-05

(2021-05-05, 02:21)dshorrosh Wrote: [..]
I'm wondering if this feature is not available in the current version of Quartz?

Correct. Never occurred to me to add a record button to the player. Will add to my list of future updates. thx

RE: 'Record' Button for Live TV? - snodge - 2023-02-15

Please could you also consider adding indication of a current recording or scheduled recording to the programme entries in the PVR guide?  Have seen it in other skins; it's not a critical addition but can be useful to see if something is already scheduled or in progress.  Thanks.

RE: 'Record' Button for Live TV? - User 272336 - 2023-02-15

(2023-02-15, 16:07)snodge Wrote: Please could you also consider adding indication of a current recording or scheduled recording to the programme entries in the PVR guide?  Have seen it in other skins; it's not a critical addition but can be useful to see if something is already scheduled or in progress.  Thanks.

Just so you are aware, this thread has not been active for almost 2 years, so I would not get my hopes up.
One never knows.

RE: 'Record' Button for Live TV? - nonJon - 2023-02-16

@snodge it's in the roadmap for quartz/nexus.